Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why did nakie day all of a sonden come? When are the dates any way...there are so much! gonk

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
it's a user run event that isn't very popular. I believe its feb 12 or something.

Perpetuous's Husband

Newbie Genius

4,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
Nakie Day is just something for all the old users to come together on Feb. 12th -14th. You don't have to do it though.
i would think that nakie day would be on feb. 18th (gaia's b-day) i dont know why they chose feb.12th
Nakie Day is just a user-made event where everyone strips to their grays to prove something about greed . . or whatever. (Obviously, I'll be that kid putting gobs of clothing onto my pixellated self xD)

I think the date is Februrary 12 -- or just ask someone who's wearing a nakie day banner for the date.

Em- Isn't very popular enough to drive me to insanity crying ?

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
Quote:
Nakie Day is just something for all the old users to come together on Feb. 12th -14th. You don't have to do it though.
funny, i find its mostly users with under a year that are doing it...
Nakie day is a user made event...and its to show that there really are people here that are still here for community and not greed of items and gold....it will be on the 12th as some said ^^

I still remember the days when people came together for things ^^

We love you Chiharu! ^^

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
Quote:
Nakie day is a user made event...and its to show that there really are people here that are still here for community and not greed of items and gold....it will be on the 12th as some said ^^

We love you Chiharu! ^^
we still do come together, we just don't all come together over a death of someone we don' t know personally. like what happened with chiharu. The "H2" Q&Fers are one of the tightest groups of people on Gaia and when the recent death of a member of Gaia, we were all touched and that effected us not only in Q&F but across teh forums. We kept it low profile out of respect for the decessed but the community was still there. thus nakie day is a bunch of BS.
Quote:
Quote:

We love you Chiharu! ^^
we still do come together, we just don't all come together over a death of someone we don' t know personally. like what happened with chiharu. The "H2" Q&Fers are one of the tightest groups of people on Gaia and when the recent death of a member of Gaia, we were all touched and that effected us not only in Q&F but across teh forums. We kept it low profile out of respect for the decessed but the community was still there. thus nakie day is a bunch of BS.

I don't see Nakie Day as BS....its to show that we dont need these items and this gold to like gaia...to have fun together...theres too many people on gaia that will do almost anything for gold that we dont even get to see...and to buy items that are just pixels...people yelling and screaming over stuff they dont need...acting as if they cant live without it....even tho none of its real...its just a statement to make a point....i dont see it as BS...

11,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Nakie Day is bullshit IMO.

If you don't believe Gaia is about the items, and solely dependent on the forums - then sell, or better yet, give away all your items.

Running around "naked" for one day doesn't prove jack squat.

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
Quote:

I don't see Nakie Day as BS....its to show that we dont need these items and this gold to like gaia...to have fun together...theres too many people on gaia that will do almost anything for gold that we dont even get to see...and to buy items that are just pixels...people yelling and screaming over stuff they dont need...acting as if they cant live without it....even tho none of its real...its just a statement to make a point....i dont see it as BS...

That's exactly why I see it as BS. I prove every day by my actions that gold and items mean nothing to me. Over half my items are gifts, others are just memories (like events or things I've done with Q&Fers.) We don't need a special day for it. I don't obsess over items, I use Gaia for a few reasons:
1) I love my friends on here, they some of the coolest people I know.
2) I do like the entertainment forums, even though they go to hell ocassionally.
3) I love helping people in Q&F, and if donating fake gold and pixels makes people happy, I do that too.

As you can see I don't give a damn about the gold so I don't see the point of nakie day. If you need a special day to prove you're not shallow, what's the point.
I have joined nakie day. Its on Feb 12 because its the day before valentines day heart
Quote:
Nakie Day is bullshit IMO.

If you don't believe Gaia is about the items, and solely dependent on the forums - then sell, or better yet, give away all your items.

Running around "naked" for one day doesn't prove jack squat.

Yup.I totally agree ^^
It's just some made up event that some people do on Feb. 12...
Quote:
I have joined nakie day. Its on Feb 12 because its the day before valentines day heart
But isn't Valentine's Day always on the 14th?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff