UFOs in Roswell 0.11274509803922 11.3% [ 23 ]
Global warming is a environmentalist hoax 0.049019607843137 4.9% [ 10 ]
Elvis is alive 0.22058823529412 22.1% [ 45 ]
There were WMDs in Iraq 0.068627450980392 6.9% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 204 ]
1 2 3 >

Dapper Gekko

[inserts conspiracy theory into GCD hive-mind]

A lot of people are saying that the admins shouldn't release the name of the halo raffle winner because said user will likely be assaulted with comments and PMs and scam attempts, etc.

But what if they don't release the name? What if they just say, "Oh yeah, we gave the halo away!"

Would you believe them?

Who knows, they might've just made the raffle and never given a halo away AT ALL, and there's no one to prove otherwise! Imagine all those people spending their real life money ($0.99 USD x bajillion) for a chance to win nothing!

Give away your personal information: phone number, credit card number, address, favorite color, birth date, credit card number, mother's maiden name, movie preferences, household income, .... so Gaia can make more money selling that information to scammers, hackers (viruses and trojans) and advertisers, so you can get free gaia cash.. all for the illusion of your winning a yellow circle.

and the greatest scammer on Gaia Online is... Gaia Online!! Mwuahahaha!!

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
well .. . .if they don't say the name, we will all think that the halo wasn't real. but if they say who won it, that person will never ever be left alone. kinda makes you not wanna get the halo.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If I were your parent, you be getting spanked with a thick newspaper right about now.

If Gaia did that, it would be false advertising, which is illegal. I highly doubt they would jeopardize themselves when giving out a few bits of data and pixels is so unbelievably easy.

Why must you add to all the fire? stare

Dapper Gekko

mistress_hydro
well .. . .if they don't say the name, we will all think that the halo wasn't real. but if they say who won it, that person will never ever be left alone. kinda makes you not wanna get the halo.
It will be better for Gaia to announce the winner, for Gaia's sake, at the expense of the individual user. It's kind of a damned, if they do damned if they don't situation.

Tactical Tamer

I highly doubt they'll say who won it because I'm pretty sure that person will end up getting flamed/hated for winning it, and get a lot of people begging for them to give/sell it to them. I know if I won it I wouldn't want my name to be told.

Interesting Regular

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
I can almost guarantee they won't have to, unless it's a smart user.

If some random in the GD gets it or something, they'll probly proclaim it from mountaintops and then have it scammed out from under them.

If I won it I would just sell it to someone who actually wanted it and throw a huge party with the profit.

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
Blaze-kun
mistress_hydro
It will be better for Gaia to announce the winner, for Gaia's sake, at the expense of the individual user. It's kind of a damned, if they do damned if they don't situation.
let's hope the winner of the halo is a social butterfly

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Oh god once the other people who are whining realize what you just said, the bitching will literally never stop. neutral

Yeah, people are going to think that the raffle was a fake if the winner's name isn't announced. But if the name is announced, that person will be harassed endlessly ("I CAN HAZ HALO????/" "IT SHUD HAV BEN MYNE!!!!1" "WILL U B MY FREND?" ), and that would be just as bad.

I personally hope Gaia doesn't release the winner's name. I wouldn't wish that much annoyance on anyone. >>

Fluffy Trash

They should at least explain why not to give the name.
The user, if he is published, Will totally get spammed from constant pms/ comments/ friend requests.
That would be very annoying gonk

Fluffy Millionaire

10,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
I find it suspecious since they do this after releasing "methods to get free gaia cash" which involves giving out personal information to corperations with viruses and trojans, but now they suddenly release a "Halo Celebration" to make things all sugarcoated and sweet.

Unidentified Destroyer

12,200 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
Plaga Negra

If some random in the GD gets it or something, they'll probly proclaim it from mountaintops and then have it scammed out from under them.

Haha I thought the same thing. Also I love your haruko avi. whee

Dapper Gekko

Angelus Domini
I find it suspecious since they do this after releasing "methods to get free gaia cash" which involves giving out personal information to corperations with viruses and trojans, but now they suddenly release a "Halo Celebration" to make things all sugarcoated and sweet.
Yup. Very suspicious.

And we all got lured into a false sense of security with the innocent and harmful sponsorships.. "watch a movie trailer and get an item" and "check out this website and get gold" ... now it's become dangerous!

Tipsy Gawker

6,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Angelus Domini

I thought so too.

Plus they released the new MCs after that "free GC" thing.
User ImageMy name is graff...
It has always happened that way (rally 1mill giveaway,daily chance winners,etc) so i don't see why they shpuldn't keep the name of the winner a secret.
.....and i am known as the instant classicUser Image

Fluffy Millionaire

10,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Blaze-kun
Angelus Domini
Yup. Very suspicious.

And we all got lured into a false sense of security with the innocent and harmful sponsorships.. "watch a movie trailer and get an item" and "check out this website and get gold" ... now it's become dangerous!

I bet this was Sagger-AT3's idea, this has him written all over it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff