Welcome to Gaia! ::

This thread is all about supernatural experiances which can range from beliefs to actual experances with spirits. My brother and me have great intrest in the supernatural both of us being witnesses to spirits within our own home almost on a daily basis. i cant say im a professional because i am not and i want to point that out now. but i opened this thread so people can share their beliefs and thoughts of the world of ghosts.

Main haunted topic places in the chicagoland area (i live there so sorry for the specific area sweatdrop ) :

- Bacherlors grove cemetary ive never been there but my brother has had several experiances there.
- reserection mary i have only heard of like one storie about a spirit there.
-jane addams hull house ive heard some rumors about this
- rosehill, st.james, archer woods cemetaries
-and more!

heres a site that gives info on all the mentioned topics:

http://www.prairieghosts.com/midwest3.html

like i said before i am srry for the specific-ness. if u give me a certian area then i would be happy to research it and post anything that is interesting.

i dont own or have anything to do with that site (u may have to scroll down a wee bit to find the haunts) i just go on it and read the info.

kinda a newb at spirit research
but ive been seeing spirits since i can remember.

share your experiances and stories! i would be happy to read everyones! biggrin
RikuSin
User Image

LMAO!!! rofl
Ah, the Hull House. It's a stop on Chicago "ghost tours," if I recall correctly. To be honest, I'd take any claim of spectral activity with a grain of salt.
I don't exactly know how to explain this, but it was NOT natural:

I was walking my dogs out in the front lat at night before I went to bed. I ALWAYS leave the door open and unlocked because I never bring a key, and sleeping in dirt sucks. On my way in, I reached for the door, and it slammed in my face. Not just drifted shut, but was purposefully closed. Aaaaaaalrightythen... >_> I tried the door, and (of course) it was locked. I couldn't have done it by accident either because the doorknob is old, and will not lock with anything less than a herculean effort. I was a bit freaked out, but more annoyed of being locked out of my own house evil

This was the most convincing experience so far.
I've had stuff wander around the house, and stack, and dissapear, but I can't proove anything for sure. The only other conformation of some strange activity was a while ago:
This started off as a "normaI"( xp ) sighting. I was sleeping in the living room and looked up, and saw an old lady on a spinning wheel. When she looked up and smiled, she disappeared. I can't proove anything. Yet. Skip forward:I had made a friend a few days back and invited him over. We both had briefly mentioned that we believed in the existence of ghosts (or some form of spirit). He said he heard ghosts, but didn't see them. Wondering if he was messing with my head, I stopped in the living room, and asked if he heard anything ( I had not yet told him ANY of my supernatuaral experiences). He said, " I hear a weird spinning sort of noise. Like a wooden wheel going... That can't be right can it?"

Make of it what you will razz
Wolf Berserker

I was walking my dogs out in the front lat at night before I went to bed. I ALWAYS leave the door open and unlocked because I never bring a key, and sleeping in dirt sucks. On my way in, I reached for the door, and it slammed in my face. Not just drifted shut, but was purposefully closed. Aaaaaaalrightythen... >_> I tried the door, and (of course) it was locked. I couldn't have done it by accident either because the doorknob is old, and will not lock with anything less than a herculean effort. I was a bit freaked out, but more annoyed of being locked out of my own house evil

I've had stuff wander around the house, and stack, and dissapear, but I can't proove anything for sure. The only other conformation of some strange activity was a while ago:
This started off as a "normaI"( xp ) sighting. I was sleeping in the living room and looked up, and saw an old lady on a spinning wheel. When she looked up and smiled, she disappeared. I can't proove anything. Yet. Skip forward:I had made a friend a few days back and invited him over. We both had briefly mentioned that we believed in the existence of ghosts (or some form of spirit). He said he heard ghosts, but didn't see them. Wondering if he was messing with my head, I stopped in the living room, and asked if he heard anything ( I had not yet told him ANY of my supernatuaral experiences). He said, " I hear a weird spinning sort of noise. Like a wooden wheel going... That can't be right can it?"

trust me im not one to jump to conclusions but im pretty sure not to freak u out or anything, but the two experiances with the wheel factor in it could be proof of a supernatural presence.
i can relate. when i was littler i used to constantly wake up and see a dark humanoid figure standing above me and vanish. later when i switched rooms my mom told me that a old lady died in that room. i still see the spirits. but it eventually evolved from just a shadow.
One man's insanity is another man's genius...
Well, I saw a ghost once. It was night-time and I was tired and I didn't have my glasses and I had pink eye and it was foggy and I was drunk but I know I saw it.
...someday the world will recognize the genius in my insanity.
sasukemarshmellow
Wolf Berserker

trust me im not one to jump to conclusions but im pretty sure not to freak u out or anything, but the two experiances with the wheel factor in it could be proof of a supernatural presence.
i can relate. when i was littler i used to constantly wake up and see a dark humanoid figure standing above me and vanish. later when i switched rooms my mom told me that a old lady died in that room. i still see the spirits. but it eventually evolved from just a shadow.

Just a question, when you stopped waking up to see the figure, did it just stop completely, or happen less frequently, and (this probably sounds like its taken from a bad horror movie xp ) did you move anything from the room or house when you stopped seeing her?
RationalXInsanity
One man's insanity is another man's genius...
Well, I saw a ghost once. It was night-time and I was tired and I didn't have my glasses and I had pink eye and it was foggy and I was drunk but I know I saw it.
...someday the world will recognize the genius in my insanity.

lol Alcohol is called spirits for a reason

Lunatic

User Image
We found him with his face down in the pillow,
with a note that said I'll love her till I die...

There's a prom soon, you know.
(Also, my rates? They're quite low.)

When I was a small boy I was often frightened of the dark. I would flick off the lights and run int my quilts, hyperventilating all the while. At one point, I felt another presence in the room and I would whimper and cry. This presence came closer and placed a cool hand on my cheek. I felt the presence lay beside me and press me close. It sang a small song, so soothing and sweet. I fell asleep afterwards. After that, I saw that presence many times as a kid. The presence told me not to tell my parents. It was our little secret. The person was a man in his 40's, in a gentleman's outfit. The only thing strange about him was that he was missing an arm. He says he died in some great war. I never really questioned him about it, why he could disappear whenever he wanted and walk to walls and why he never ate.

I guess he was just a very lonely ghost.

(Do you know how to whistle? Put your lips together and blow...)
How about you give this Hedonist a show?

...And when we buried him beneath the willow,
the angels sang a whiskey lullaby.
I'm the Ghost of Christmas Past.
Anticitizen Vincent

If I meant to send a friend a gift last Christmas, but forgot, could I ask you to deliver it for me or would that mess up time or something like that? And would it cost me a bloody fortune or is it a free service?
Wolf Berserker
Anticitizen Vincent

If I meant to send a friend a gift last Christmas, but forgot, could I ask you to deliver it for me or would that mess up time or something like that? And would it cost me a bloody fortune or is it a free service?

You would get something along the lines of "******** you, I'm just here to torment you about your past."

And then I would probably bother you about that present you forgot to deliver. For shame.

Shameless Man-Lover

I've heard a few spirits before in the hallway next to my room when I'm suppost to be sleeping. Eh, doesn't bother them. I've acutally named them by how the footsteps sound. Josh was pacing in the hall a few nights ago, and it kept me up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff