Welcome to Gaia! ::

I hope that gaia would b more virtual like they should have a matrimony ceremonies for those who love each other then if something happened like they kissed or hug in emoticons or pose and straight again and again like something like the girl would be pregnant something like that Oh also I would also like that there would be more free gaia cash coming that promaggedon cause is not enough for the others whose not in US

Demonic Lover

Gaia is not the Sims, every gaian is an user, they can´t make a "baby", and cash is the blood in gaia´s body, without it, there wouldnt be gaia, more free cash = NO

User Image

Invisible Elder

13,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Flatterer 200
I'm sure eventually Gaia MIGHT do another free cash, but probably not for a long time. This is the 2nd time they've given us free cash.

As for getting pregnant and married... no. RP those or go discuss the pregnancy items in the thread for it (it's somewhere in SF).
Pregnancy= no. Unless it was some sort of item you bought that turned out to actually be an alien parasite. But as to getting pregnant= NOOOOO.

Marriage= They'd have to create separate scenarios for every single religion and cultural background out there, so everyone could have a wedding that corresponded with their beliefs. No thanks. You can just roleplay it.

Gaia Cash= There are over 17 million accounts on gaia, and every single one of them got 40 cents worth of cash. That's $ 6.8 million that gaia is out. It costs $2 million a month to run the site.

It's a lot of money for gaia to give away already. They don't need to give us any more.

And besides, people outside of the states can still buy gaia cash. You can purchase it through credit card, paypal, and mail-in money order.

Dapper Warlord

9,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
Isabella Van Helsing 2
Pregnancy= no. Unless it was some sort of item you bought that turned out to actually be an alien parasite. But as to getting pregnant= NOOOOO.

Marriage= They'd have to create separate scenarios for every single religion and cultural background out there, so everyone could have a wedding that corresponded with their beliefs. No thanks. You can just roleplay it.

Gaia Cash= There are over 17 million accounts on gaia, and every single one of them got 40 cents worth of cash. That's $ 6.8 million that gaia is out. It costs $2 million a month to run the site.

It's a lot of money for gaia to give away already. They don't need to give us any more.

And besides, people outside of the states can still buy gaia cash. You can purchase it through credit card, paypal, and mail-in money order.
You only get the 40 Cash if you click the link to pick it up, and if you don't spend it all, then they take back what is left over at the end of June. So they're really not out anything, especially considering how many people will end up buying some Cash to pick up the slightly more expensive items, now that they have a little Cash of their own. It's like when people go shopping with a gift card; they're willing to buy more than what is on the gift card, because the gift card is like free money to them, money that they don't actually have to spend. I remember reading some numbers in the break room at work, where people shopping with gift cards spend an average of $25 more than people shopping without gift cards. Same with coupons; people will buy things if there's a coupon attached for $.50 off, even if they don't really need it.

But I agree with everything you said. They don't need us to give any more...which is why I made a bit of a frowny face when I read this post from Pirula:

pirula
We are actually planning to add a way to "earn" gaia cash by filling out surveys & signups for other companies. Its probably 1 - 2 months away from happening. Companies pay real money for that, and we'll pass that money on to you in the form of Gaia Cash. Buying cash directly will still be the easiest and best way to get cash, but those outside of the US without paypal/credit card can have an option too. We won't have you earn cash for the same activities that earn you gold, that would probably release too much cash into the system.

I mean, it's nice that youngin's from overseas without credit cards will be able to earn a bit of Cash, but how much are we talking here? And how are those International Trade Laws coming, so Gaia doesn't have to whore itself out to more sponsors to fund these Cash quizzes?

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
@Isabella: Your "number of account" argument would be grand, if you actually bothered to factor in how many of those accounts are banned accounts. And how many those accounts would be banned from people profiting in such a manner with mules. ninja

@Topic: Personally, you should be glad we got any free cash at all. The last time they pulled this was when the cash shop was first introduced what, nearly 2 years ago? And we only got 25GC then. So, yeah, don't push it too much.
Andromeda Phoenix
@Isabella: Your "number of account" argument would be grand, if you actually bothered to factor in how many of those accounts are banned accounts. And how many those accounts would be banned from people profiting in such a manner with mules. ninja

I had just woken up when I typed that. xd Brain wasn't exactly at 100% capacity.

But even banned gaians aside, gaia's still out quite a bit of money. I mean, look at how many gaians are one right this second. 54,531. With them alone, gaia is giving away over $21,000.

That's two years tuition for me. gonk

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Isabella Van Helsing 2
Andromeda Phoenix

I had just woken up when I typed that. xd Brain wasn't exactly at 100% capacity.

But even banned gaians aside, gaia's still out quite a bit of money. I mean, look at how many gaians are one right this second. 54,531. With them alone, gaia is giving away over $21,000.

Yeah, I admit they're being very generous and I'm very glad for that. And it's gonna put a dent in their funds, but it's not that bad. But then again, the only time I've seen $21,000 all at once is on Gaia. sweatdrop

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
Isabella Van Helsing 2
Andromeda Phoenix

Lucky, thats less then half a year for me.
DerekC1990
Isabella Van Helsing 2
Andromeda Phoenix

Lucky, thats less then half a year for me.

Holy crap! Where do you go to school? eek (And are you talking residence fees too? Because this is JUST my tuition. Residence is twice as much.)
Marriage: Roleplay it. It's free, and you don't have to give anything back to that user if they gave it to you.

Pregnancy: ******** no. Roleplay it.

Free Cash: Maybe in the future.
shakespearerules
Isabella Van Helsing 2

You only get the 40 Cash if you click the link to pick it up, and if you don't spend it all, then they take back what is left over at the end of June.

They don't take away the cash.
Lovely Shayness
shakespearerules
Isabella Van Helsing 2

You only get the 40 Cash if you click the link to pick it up, and if you don't spend it all, then they take back what is left over at the end of June.

It said on the announcement that they do. neutral
Isabella Van Helsing 2
Lovely Shayness
shakespearerules
Isabella Van Helsing 2

They do take away the Cash that you didn't spent (the Cash given from the Event, NOT on Cash that you got yourself. SO SPEND WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!)
null_silence
Isabella Van Helsing 2
Lovely Shayness
shakespearerules

They do take away the Cash that you didn't spent (the Cash given from the Event, NOT on Cash that you got yourself. SO SPEND WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!)

That's what shakespearerules meant. Obviously they're not going to take away cash you purchased.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff