Welcome to Gaia! ::

Favorite character?

Mia 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Devin 0.8 80.0% [ 4 ]
Lakin 0.2 20.0% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 5 ]

hey everyone! this is my own original story. i would like some opinions on it because i never finished it but i would really like to. it isnt much but this is what i got!! sorry if the last few pages arent readable!! :3

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>>>> Read Left to Right >>>>>
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
Backgrounds are important too.
DarKlawStudios

I've seen some professional artists get away with some pretty minimalistic backgrounds. Sometimes it even isn't too distracting.

Of course, this comic puts 'minimal backgrounds' to shame. Not even a simple line to suggest 'There's a horizon here-ish'. sad
Meowhead
DarKlawStudios

I've seen some professional artists get away with some pretty minimalistic backgrounds. Sometimes it even isn't too distracting.

Of course, this comic puts 'minimal backgrounds' to shame. Not even a simple line to suggest 'There's a horizon here-ish'. sad

i know its horrible, i was just having fun with this.
Meowhead

As have I. But whenever I see a comic without backgrounds I'm reminded of a terrible manga series my friend gave me to read where there would be a semi-detailed background every 50 pages or something like that. I never knew where the scenes were taking place. It was gawd-awful. Avoiding something will not help you draw it better.

@OP
I notice that most comic newbies are really slack on the backgrounds. Remember to work on it in the future.
hana sasaki
this is my own original story.

I too have played Disgaea.

Quote:
>>>>> Read Left to Right >>>>>

My, what a novel concept.
hana sasaki
i know its horrible, i was just having fun with this.

If you know that it's horrible, why are you sharing it? Do you want people to think that you are a crap artist?
DarKlawStudios
Meowhead

As have I. But whenever I see a comic without backgrounds I'm reminded of a terrible manga series my friend gave me to read where there would be a semi-detailed background every 50 pages or something like that. I never knew where the scenes were taking place. It was gawd-awful. Avoiding something will not help you draw it better.

@OP
I notice that most comic newbies are really slack on the backgrounds. Remember to work on it in the future.

I've seen some really weird things with backgrounds by manga artists...

Yoshitoh Asari does some pretty nice backgrounds... when he bothers to draw them, every few pages. The rest of the time it's a horizon line or a black background with white around the characters or something.

Both the manga Hunter X Hunter and b*****d!! have long stretches of time where they were being printed pre-inking, pre-backgrounds. You'd get stuff like characters wandering past backgrounds that were little more than boxes and primitive circles or whatever, just to denote what might, at some point in time (Like when the manga got collected and published) be a real background.

Another favorite artist of mine tends to do things like draw a factory as a giant square with hastily scribbled in squares for windows, and maybe a couple cylinders on top for the smoke. All the lines are wobbly and sketchy, but so are the characters, so I guess it fits in.

Somehow, I like a lot of this stuff anyway, but these artists tend to be amazing in other ways to distract you from when they're being pure crap. biggrin Certainly not a recommended approach.
hey is that laharl of disgea and flone of disgea too i like the story
Black Reiley
hana sasaki

Quote:

for one i have never played disgaea or ever watched the anime or any of that. ive only seen a picture on an anime magazine i have.

second. i know people that would read it from right to left like a japanese manga.
I actually think this could be really cute.
The art reminds me of Koge's Art. (DigiCharat Artist)
If you cleaned it up, inked it, improved the style a bit. had more interesting shots it would be nice. It's a simple plot too so that makes it easy.
Backgrounds aren't NEEDED. but you need at least one shot showing where they are. They could be on fluffy clouds or in a forest right now. It's amazing what some tones and somethign as simple as a tree/cloud will do. smile

I haven't played through disgaea.. so I dunno about that *shrug*
Maybe updgrade the character designs?

But it's super cute so far. I'd probrably read it
Teurastaa
I actually think this could be really cute.
The art reminds me of Koge's Art. (DigiCharat Artist)
If you cleaned it up, inked it, improved the style a bit. had more interesting shots it would be nice. It's a simple plot too so that makes it easy.
Backgrounds aren't NEEDED. but you need at least one shot showing where they are. They could be on fluffy clouds or in a forest right now. It's amazing what some tones and somethign as simple as a tree/cloud will do. smile

I haven't played through disgaea.. so I dunno about that *shrug*
Maybe updgrade the character designs?

But it's super cute so far. I'd probrably read it

thank you so much!!! :3
Black Reiley
hana sasaki

Quote:

I look at this and see Pita Ten. It's been a while since I read it, but some of that looks directly copied/eyeballed. Especially your angel's dress.

Also, that explanation makes no sense. If angels and demons are so dependent on each other for wings/wish granting, then why does what I'm thinking is the main character (your "Kotarou" it seems) ,that first demon, know nothing of this? And why are they dependent on each other to begin with? Are these angels the christian kind? If so then there's no way in hell they'd be going anywhere near demons and/or granting them any wishes. If you're thinking up your own kind of supernatural beings, I still think you need a more plausible and logical reason for them to be going to each other's worlds and stuff.
bing314
Black Reiley
hana sasaki

Quote:

I look at this and see Pita Ten. It's been a while since I read it, but some of that looks directly copied/eyeballed. Especially your angel's dress.

Also, that explanation makes no sense. If angels and demons are so dependent on each other for wings/wish granting, then why does what I'm thinking is the main character (your "Kotarou" it seems) ,that first demon, know nothing of this? And why are they dependent on each other to begin with? Are these angels the christian kind? If so then there's no way in hell they'd be going anywhere near demons and/or granting them any wishes. If you're thinking up your own kind of supernatural beings, I still think you need a more plausible and logical reason for them to be going to each other's worlds and stuff.

well when i was thinking this up i was going to have some more explanations later but i never got to it sweatdrop
Ya know, Hana, I gotta disagree with all the guys freaking out about the lack of a background. I mean, you draw way better than me, so I can't reallly criticize. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff