Should we be freaking out?

Hell no! 0.57894736842105 57.9% [ 44 ]
Yes. 0.039473684210526 3.9% [ 3 ]
I guess? 0.10526315789474 10.5% [ 8 ]
Not sure... 0.18421052631579 18.4% [ 14 ]
Don't know much about the swine flu. 0.092105263157895 9.2% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 76 ]
1 2 >

My family is freaking out over the stupid swine flu.
They think that everything the news says is true.
To be honest, I think the news overexagerrates the info.
They bring hand-santizer everywhere!
I'm tired of this stupidity!
They think this a big deal and that SEVERAL people are going to die.
They think its okay for people to be worried/freaked out at my school (far away from the border of Mexico).
It's getting on my nerves!
What should I do?

Try reminding them that health care in the United States is far superior than in Mexico so it's no more "scary" than the regular ol' flu.

Hitched Sex Symbol

20,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Overstocked 200
Just be calm
maybe you being the only reasonable one will help anchor them
or they'll just keep freaking out
and then you can just ignore them
they're probably worried because of the death of... you know. that would be a lot of deaths in one year. just wash your hands when you get home. it might shut them up for a while.
Curious thing this "swine flu." I doubt it's actually anything to fear. Probably scaremongering from the government, but that's conspiracy. sweatdrop
This is just like when the US freaked about SARS. xDDDD
Your family is definitely exaggerating, unless you live in Mexico where it's all starting.
Berry Black Berry
they're probably worried because of the death of... you know. that would be a lot of deaths in one year. just wash your hands when you get home. it might shut them up for a while.

Sup, dude. cool

Anyways, my mom wants me to wash my hands everywhere.

We just had an argument about it. sweatdrop
There haven't been any serious cases of it yet in the US. So there probably isn't anything to worry about at this stage.

Still, if you're worried, wash your hands when you get home, just to be safe.
Influenza can spread in coughs or sneezes, but an increasing body of evidence shows little particles of virus can linger on tabletops, telephones and other surfaces and be transferred via the fingers to the mouth, nose or eyes.

Increased handwashing has been shown to be highly effective in reducing the spread of flu . Your parents are trying hard to keep themselves clean and safe , if you don't wash your hands and you touch things around your house you're being pretty inconsiderate to them, regardless of what you feel about your own safety...

4,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Just wash your hands a bit more. When they tell you to, say, "Okay." Then go wash your hands. It's just a bit of hand safety, which has been shown to increase health in general.

Shameless Bloodsucker

Even if they are getting hysterical...

Washing your hands, and carrying hand sanitizer (alcohol based) for when you absolutely cannot wash your hands, is always a good idea for every day health. It can prevent a number of minor to serious illnesses. It could save you, as well as all of the people you come into contact with, a hell of a lot of grief. I wouldn't brush it off.

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
Tell them to calm down!
The only cases where people have died have been in Mexico.
Everywhere else people have just had a mild flu! Nothing to worry about too much!
~Spirit of Dragons~
There haven't been any serious cases of it yet in the US. So there probably isn't anything to worry about at this stage.

Still, if you're worried, wash your hands when you get home, just to be safe.
I love standing in the rain,

no they have some cases in the US, mainly lower Texas area. But one or two elsewhere....its not really serious here though due to our superior medical facilities, hell even your basic doctor here can perform minor surgery or even Emergency surgery if they have to....

because in the rain, I'm touching everyone, and no one at the same time

Dapper Hunter

I'd just be a little more cautious and wash my hands more often.

xD and i think your poll should have an "a little" option.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff