Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

helpful criticism is definitly wanted, i would like to make this better
its not bad the shading could be fixed and lightened in the areas where the light would hit and maybe soften the lines that aren't the edges of the petals instead of making it look like a crease but i'm not very good at plants so gotta give ya props
bampire_kitty
its not bad the shading could be fixed and lightened in the areas where the light would hit and maybe soften the lines that aren't the edges of the petals instead of making it look like a crease but i'm not very good at plants so gotta give ya props

thanks for the tips
^_^
the first things i would do would be to get rid of the heavy black line around the edge of each petal, and to make more use of tone so it doesn't look quite as flat.

apart from that it looks pretty good, i would be tempted to put in a stalk or leaves, just so it wasn't a floating flower head but that's just personal preference haha.
i dunno . . floating flower heads are pretty awesome j/k
thanks for the tips
i dont get it

5,350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
It's rather nice though I think it needs more light...like...it's too dark. Use a rubber to rub little parts of light out and it'll look a bit more 3-Dimensional. That and I think it looks unfinished, like you've left some petals off the flower.
ebsie-chan
It's rather nice though I think it needs more light...like...it's too dark. Use a rubber to rub little parts of light out and it'll look a bit more 3-Dimensional. That and I think it looks unfinished, like you've left some petals off the flower.

thanks, now that i look at it. . it is a bit dark
thante
the first things i would do would be to get rid of the heavy black line around the edge of each petal, and to make more use of tone so it doesn't look quite as flat.

apart from that it looks pretty good, i would be tempted to put in a stalk or leaves, just so it wasn't a floating flower head but that's just personal preference haha.

I agree with thante 3nodding

The shading could use a little more contrast. If I were to look at this picture from far away, it would look a bit like a flat shape. I'd darken the darkest parts even more, and maybe add some hightlights, but don't overdo the highlights because you still want that nice dull texture of the flower petals. The more the contrast, the more it "pops".

I, too, am tempted to put stems or leaves on the flower XD but again, that might be just a personal preference. Anyhow, this is still very well done! Keep up the good work!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I like the petals. I just think that you should have the stem or maybe different kinds of flowers in the back. At first (not to be rude) I thought it was just crumbled paper. So maybe a stem or draw something that shows it's a flower. Other then that I like it. :3

Help is needed. Bugs and inks that you don't want, I would love. :3
That is an excellent boulder you have there.
ah....... how much time did you spend on shading?
Twisted_Hunter
ah....... how much time did you spend on shading?

about an hour and a half . not continuous. .bunch of breaks inbetween since i drew it at school.
If that's supposed to be a flower, you really failed at drawing one. I thought it was a pile of trash bags.

In any case, the shading is really bland. You need darker, more dynamic shading, and to also introduce a little highlight.
This has probably been said before, but try using an eraser to pick out some harsher lights. You also don't have any cast shadows. Other than that, this is a great start. Nice job.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff