Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
yeah....so lately I've been feeling like my anime art is just made of fail and that the only people who like it are my friends. I mean even my most recent chibis got ignored... and i feel like chibis are my strong suit crying
So can people go look at my stuff in my DA gallery and tell me what it is about my art that makes it not good and what I need to do to make it better.

but srsly....don't just say "you suck". try to actually be useful so I can learn how to improve

FYI: i do a lot of non-anime art too, it just i don't upload a lot of it because it's too big for my scanner and I suck at taking photos of it XD plus a good amount of it's at school b/c my professors had to grade it.
i'm just having problems with not liking my anime stuff....that's the problem....and apparently "expanding my horizons" isn't helping that because I do realism art, abstract art, and non-anime cartooning

also my friend is better at anime stuff and she take NO art classes, has NEVER done figure drawing, doesn't do realism ,ect.

3,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
User Image

The link doesn't work :l

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
x_S p i r a l BUNNEH_x
User Image

The link doesn't work :l

sniz-nit

i fixed it
User Image

User Image
And now we're laughing...
--------

Your art isn't failzy woman! stressed

--------
Because they'll never know

User Image

User Image

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Sgt Radioactive Lamb
User Image

User Image
And now we're laughing...
--------

Your art isn't failzy woman! stressed

--------
Because they'll never know

User Image

User Image

OMG you lying stalker you!!!
First note: Cute avatar!

From the looks of your gallery, the anatomy and hair look stiff. The characters don't look fluid. That's more than likely why they're not getting much attention. For example, in this, http://guardianyashu.deviantart.com/art/Locked-Out-94758912, the stiffness of her hair and dress will definitely drive people away from it than if her hair was more freeflowing and the dress wasn't stiff-looking.

5,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Edward 100
User Image

I agree with iDream - working on some loose, quick gesture drawings and doing some realistic anatomy studies could help give your drawings more flow and movement.

User Image

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Antlers
User Image

I agree with iDream - working on some loose, quick gesture drawings and doing some realistic anatomy studies could help give your drawings more flow and movement.

User Image

lol guess my guesture studies don't help me XD (and my gesture drawings actually look good...i think....maybe i should post those) LOL NAKED PEOPLE!

in that one pic i was kinda going for a stiff look though O_o I was trying to make the image feel kind tense O_O *fail*
If you're talking about not getting noticed on DeviantArt, then you shouldn't stress about it.

There are a lot of good artists on there that never get on the "Popular" page. Why is this? Because getting noticed on DeviantArt is about a lot more than your art. You have to whore yourself out in the forums and comment on a bunch of beginner artists that may not have anyone watching them at all yet. If you have some friends on the site, that helps, too, but if you want more recognition you'll have to make more acquaintances.

I'm sorry to say it, but that's the truth. As for your art, it's not bad. It takes a lot of practice to get the fluidity that can make a piece great. I think the lack of fluidity would have to do with trying to get anatomy right. I try so hard to make sure the anatomy is perfect that I sometimes forget that the subjects are PEOPLE and not STATUES.

wink
Completely agree with Rusty Conscience's post.

I think the key is enjoying what you do. Once you start worrying about getting noticed and stress out, you lose confidence and that reflects in your drawings.

And besides fluidity, maybe you should open up your horizonts and try other things appart from anime. Realism, cartoon, abstractionism, whatever. I'm not saying you should change drastically, but experimenting is always good, and might get you on the fun part of art again. Also, try to loosen up a little by doodling quickly and softly, not trying to be perfect. It'll help you with the stiffness.

Hope it helps!
Hiya there.

I'm not the type to say wow amazing often so you won't get that from me. After looking at your gallery I think it's fine, really, there's potential, definitely some room for some gorgeous things in a few years. Don't get depressed like that, your work is absolutely not "fail".

I'm not a big fan of pointing precise things such as "something is off" or whatever else. So I'll just give my overall impression. And the one thing that strikes me is the lack of originality. Try to explore, try to be bold, don't confine yourself to one stereotypical anime style. Even if you do end up drawing in it, don't let it stop you from taking some other directions as well, you may end up using what you learned. There are so many things, so many styles, type of art, try to embrace them try to go out of your comfort zone and have fun, don't let the "it has to be good" get in the the way of enjoyment.

But really, I see nothing in your gallery that would warrant any fears. 4laugh

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
@ Rusty Conscience and YuroKai
i think you guys made some good points.... maybe that's why my random sketches where i'm not actually aiming at anything in particular tend to look better than things that i try to make perfect... sometimes the harder i try the crappier my stuff ends up

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
meh....none of this is really helping....actually it's making me feel more like i should give up

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
anybody got any helpful stuff to say?
cuz i really am starting to feel like i should give up on drawing anime

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
lol I kinda have the urge to draw....but i'm also afraid too O_o i know w/e i draw will just suck

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff