Welcome to Gaia! ::

|| // Team 「OBLIVION 」 || //

Hey everyone! We would like to introduce ourselves formally (or at least more clearly) to the Gaia "Comic Creator Community" We are 「OBLIVION 」

Deviant Art
Our DA is up. Check the Scraps section too
(Fei's Inkings are done by hand)

Who is 「OBLIVION 」

Simply put, we are a three man group. We are close friends who enjoy art and generally support creativity. Since we know each other personally, we are able to work on things together; there are no long distance complications that may come up. We are a (local) freelance Circle. We have weaknesses individually but together we balance out quite well.

Members (that's us! The three that make up this goofy team) cool

Alias: Sukai (MidniteSKYE on Gaia)
Specialty: Editorial, Storyboard, Writer, Character Design, Attire Design, Weapon Design, Concept
Weakness: Coloring, Background/Setting Art, Toning, Mechanical Art, Wings
Main Inspirations: Music (for both visual and writing inspiration)
Additional Comments: "Ave Atque Vale"

Alias: Kitsu (Jisatsu Tenshi -Kitsu- on Gaia)
Specialty: Editorial, Storyboard, Writer, Character Design, Attire Design, Weapon Design, Concept, Wings
Weakness: Coloring, Background/Setting Art, Mechanical Art
Main Inspirations: I get inspiration for my art from daydreaming and reading reading books, not limited to strictly roleplaying and manga XD.
Additional Comments: "My favorite manga artist is CLAMP and the creator of THE WALLFLOWER yo."

Alias: Fei
Specialty: Writer, Character Design, Attire Design, Concept, Mechanical Art, Background/Setting Art, Wings, Concept, Coloring, Inking, Toning, Finer Details, Wings, Fight Choreography
Weakness: Editorial
Main Inspirations: Action Movies and Anime
Additional Comments: "..."

What Do We Want?

To help. Simple as that. We've been looking at people here who need help, be it writing or art. We would just like to help. That's all.

What Do We Want In Return?

Well, we don't ask for money. All we want out of this is the experience; A simple "Thank You" and credit on the project we help with is enough.

How To Get Us To Help

There are two ways to get help from us: The first is to just ask! If you send me or Jisatsu Tenshi -Kitsu- a PM, or post here that you would like us to help, we will (provided you give us firm plot). The only reasons why we wouldn't help is (1) if we think your plot needs more work and/or if it's just pitiful. We'd like to help, but we will reject you if your story is half-assed or if your ideas are underdeveloped. And (2) We may be already tangled up in other projects.

The other way to get our help is if WE ask YOU. That's right, if we run into an idea someone needs/asks for help with and it sounds like something we would be excited to help with, WE'LL ask. mrgreen

Can I Become a Member of this Circle?

Erm...no. It's not you, it's us. You see, we are three local best friends who have known each other for years. We would like to maintain that. The only members we'd consider to join us are local friends who we know and are also creative, art or otherwise. So, sorry no, we are currently not accepting/considering new members.

The Optional Division

If we're helping, you can choose to divide us up individually to help in certain parts of the story (Such as 2 doing art and 1 doing Writing and so on). Division is up to you, but we do not recommend this at ALL. We also don't recommend choosing ONE of us to do something that we'd be WEAK at doing. (Check the above member specialties/weaknesses)

[ The Problems With Us ]
(1) The main problem I guess would be credit. We have no art samples to show you...but please give us time! We are currently working on a DA page with some of our sample art.

(2) ...Well, you may think our skills suck XDXD. After all, everyone has opinions. I mean, we may not even appeal to your tastes.

(3) We are only temporary. What we mean is, we offer our aid, then we leave. We would only be part of your staff temporarily, but you still must give us credit

Again, we as a group would like to say "Hi!" If you need any help or have questions and/or comments, just PM or just post it here. But we aren't expecting many people, if anyone, asking us right now for artistic help since our DA page isn't up yet. It should be up in maybe three days. Once it is, we'll have a link.

(This post still under construction and subject to update)

[Available:YES]
MidniteSKYE
We have no art samples to show you...but please give us time! We are currently working on a DA page with some of our sample art.

Don't take this the wrong way, but who's going to ask you guys for help with their artwork if they don't know how skilled or knowledgeable you are? It... doesn't make sense.

I mean, I appreciate what you're trying to do here, it's why I'm on Gaia too. But maybe you should wait until you have actual samples of your work before you post a thread offering to help people...
Unchi-tan
MidniteSKYE
We have no art samples to show you...but please give us time! We are currently working on a DA page with some of our sample art.

Don't take this the wrong way, but who's going to ask you guys for help with their artwork if they don't know how skilled or knowledgeable you are? It... doesn't make sense.

I mean, I appreciate what you're trying to do here, it's why I'm on Gaia too. But maybe you should wait until you have actual samples of your work before you post a thread offering to help people...

I dunno, I bet a writer who doesn't have an artist to work with will ask them for character designs, or something like that. In that case even if the art is bad, the writer doesn't lose anything by it, and if it's good the writer will be benefited.
Unchi-tan
MidniteSKYE

I understand. But as the introduction also says, we are not only art oriented. We decided to put it up now in case anyone wanted help with things besides art.

That's beside the point now though, since the DA page is now up (Art is also in the Scraps too)
If you're going to start a comic book artist group. I highly suggest NOT STEALING OTHER PEOPLE'S WORK.

Example...

Yours: http://ji-ten.deviantart.com/art/Zabuza-sketch-114026382
Original: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f259/Doyumyum/Zabuza.gif

Then we have Rumiko Takahashi, Ed from Full Metal Alchemist, and various other pieces.

Don't worry, it I'll find the others after work.
Sayterra

Original: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f259/Doyumyum/Zabuza.gif.

Ahahaha. Busted.

Got any feeble denials or excuses? Those are always the best part.
Sayterra
If you're going to start a comic book artist group. I highly suggest NOT STEALING OTHER PEOPLE'S WORK.

Example...

Original: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f259/Doyumyum/Zabuza.gif

Then we have Rumiko Takahashi, Ed from Full Metal Alchemist, and various other pieces.

Don't worry, it I'll find the others after work.

He's the next Greg Land!
Hahahahaa oh man I was so sure they were full of s**t... rofl
Hahahaha.

I knew this was bullshit the moment I saw the huge OP with all the tacky colours.
Jisatsu Tenshi -Kitsu-
Hurrrr

Hey guys, I think we got ourselves a new mkuii.
IronSpike
Ahahaha. Busted.

Got any feeble denials or excuses? Those are always the best part.

Nah, think I'll use simple logic instead, or at least try and keep it somewhat civil

rofl
haha, wao~ STEALING?

That's funny. Is that Zabuza picture so good that you really couldn't tell the difference between the original and the our version. It's was an observational drawing kids. rolleyes

Meaning, the drawing of zabuza on our DA is just a recreation of the original. The same way you draw a still life from looking at it, the same was done with the Zabuza picture and other pictures on the DA

Even then, there are also completely original works by us from the back of our minds.
~

And bullshit?! Why the hell would it be bullshit!? What would we have to gain for simply offering our work/skill for free? rolleyes

If anything, the drawings of the characters people are familiar with could be used as a point of reference for those who are wondering about our art skill. Example, the Zabuza, Ed, and Cell pictures. We recreated them from the original artists' drawings. Find the original pictures and compare the original to our work. Then there are the originals IPs we created ourselves, from our own creative minds. I wonder why these haven't been stated...

In the end, ALL of the art done on the DA are done by us. We aren't claiming the original as our own, since the ORIGINAL artists' works are not on our site.

Tovarish Groznaya
Hahahaha.

I knew this was bullshit the moment I saw the huge OP with all the tacky colours.
mhm. Now instead of conforming like a mindless automaton, could ya kindly explain why you yourself, "knew this was bullshit"

Please, take your time. For your sake

Unchi-tan
Hahahahaa oh man I was so sure they were full of s**t... rofl
roflroflrofl OMGiknowsokrayzeRite?!!

kowaiikoneko
So you're not only completely ******** awful at drawing, you're also retarded?
Oh, mkay
MidniteSKYE
And bullshit?! Why the hell would it be bullshit!? What would we have to gain for simply offering our work/skill for free?

So you're not only completely ******** awful at drawing, you're also retarded?
Sayterra

Don't worry,it I'll find the others after work.

Then i'll start your scavenger hunt. Find this one:
http://ji-ten.deviantart.com/art/Arkane-and-Kazuto-from-EOA-114025775
Good Luck.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out