Welcome to Gaia! ::

I wish I could lurk...I can't even do that anymore. D:

And if anyone talks about themselves too much its me. Speaking of which, we're going to look at buying a used and refurbished (sp?...or even right word?...) laptop off of Dell's website...

Also, I keep getting tempted to make my avi female. I really really want to use the Inaris Beads eyes that Ducky is using, but I can't make a good male avi with them. I would also like to make avis with a bit more skin showing but as homophobic as it sounds, I don't like to make male avis with a whole lot of skin showing. XP

Oh, and lawl at Mom's dressing.
lurky lurky, rubber turkey.

for days, i've been wondering what "obby" meant.
i was like "what the hell is an obby?" .___.;

Stubborn Duck

@ Xanny;;
That's not a bad idea.
I should look into that...
Hm.

Haha.
I've been wanting to make my avvie male.
That's funny. XD

@ Elly;;
Obby = Oh baby.
lol heart
Hopefully they'll have some for cheaper then it would be to repair mine... Besides...the only new one I could afford is small, and I prefer big laptops cause I like bigger screens...

And why would you want a male avi? :0 Female avis are better and more styles work with them. Like I've mentioned before, the only thing holding me back is that I could only do it once for free and then back to male once for free and the fact that I'd have to put in my signature that I'm a boy.

@xanthrose: oh, i love that wolf image you have in your signature! 0:
    who is it by?

Dorkasaurus Rex

@xanthrose: oh, i love that wolf image you have in your signature! 0:
    who is it by?

Is it the one with the wolves running into the glass pane? If so, it's "Head On" by Cai Guo-Qiang. It's quite a large piece really. Made of 99 life-sized synthetic wolves. Most recently it's made it to the National Art Museum of China in Beijing, but it's also been in the Deutsche Guggenheim in Germany. I really like it...

thank you! 8D

i just googled him & he has some really impressive pieces.
    i wish we had art like that in our galleries...

Private Ducky
I'm such a b***h.
Some girl made a thread asking people if they like her avatar.
So, I replied:
Private Ducky
I'm not overly impressed.
Your avatar is speaking to me and what it's saying is "My mom still has to dress me."

...THAT'S HILARIOUS. rofl
Really though, people actually make threads pandering for attention like that? Wow. It's their own fault if they get shot down in flames.

Stubborn Duck

@ Xanny;;
Hm. I need to go to Staples and see what they have for laptops right now.
My laptop is like a 19"? I think. Or it's a 17".
But I want to try and get myself a widescreen the next time I buy a laptop.
I like how you can actually see most of a page with a widescreen. lol
(the laptop I'm borrowing is a widescreen, and I really like it.)

Well, there are certain items that look better on guys.
Plus, since most commons are now uni-sex, I should still be able to make some decent avvies without having to re-vamp my inventory too much.
Dorkasaurus Rex

thank you! 8D

i just googled him & he has some really impressive pieces.
    i wish we had art like that in our galleries...

No prob! Glad I could help.
I wish we had art like that here too, though thanks to the city I live in we're more fortunate than most. We had an exhibit of millions of dollars worth of art in the form of diamonds come to our Center for the Arts, as well as a similar exhibit with pearls. We also got to see the Sue exhibit (the big T-rex), a recent Rodin exhibit (The dude who made The Thinker on the Gates of Hell, among other famous pieces), and we hosted an Egypt and China exhibit with real artifacts. We even had two authentic clay soldiers from China, and they didn't exactly loan out a ton of them. But I've never been to one of those big museums, and one day I'd like to make it to at least one. My parents got to see the Louvre, those lucky jerks. XD

i have yet to go and see an exhibition at the birmingham museum near us.
    but i've been to the saatchi, the royal v&a, natural historic... a few of the big museums in london.
    but, i've never seen anything truly impressive in any of those.

i've seen damian hursts shark in a tank thing.
    but, really, a shark cut in half doesn't appeal to me that much... .__.;

edit; it's not actually cut in half. i really thought it was. i must have been thinking of something else.

Stubborn Duck

@ Xerxies;;
I found like three threads like that before I went to bed last night.
There was one where this guy's avatar sucked a**, but he was wearing a nitemare scarf, so people were kissing his a**.
I said something along the lines of "Wearing a Nitemare Scarf doesn't mask the fact that you couldn't make an avvie to save your life, love." rofl

We don't have anything quite that impressive, though we do have the CM Russell museum, with his actual gallery and house here in Great Falls, and we also have the Lewis and Clark interpretive center that's down on the Lewis and Clark trail, and they showcase a lot of really good Native American artists.

sorry for jumping in on your thread, duck face <3

this was in the v&a museum when i went. that's bloody impressive.
    i'm not entirely sure if it's still there, though.
    it's hand blown glass and its in the main hall, so it's the first thing you see when you go in. 0:

Stubborn Duck

Oh, you're fine, Ellerz. <3

C: good, good.

i'm watching cirque du soleil.
    for the 3rd time this week.
    we're seeing one of the shows in march. O:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers