Welcome to Gaia! ::

If the answer is "1433 days", what is the question?

"At what point do libraries abandon fines and introduce hitmen?" 0.33039294306335 33.0% [ 824 ]
"How long does it take Stephen Hawking to sing Bohemian Rhapsody?" 0.25501202886929 25.5% [ 636 ]
"I am the Leap Year Killer, when will I strike next?" 0.41459502806736 41.5% [ 1034 ]
Total Votes:[ 2494 ]

Cheesecake. Especially if my mom made it. She makes the best cheesecake.

Oh, and purin. Because purin.

Favourite book, TNP. And why?

Conservative Gaian

That's difficult. I suppose I'd have to say Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets from my childhood. Reasons? None in particular other than it was a great story that I loved. I generally dislike books that try to tell me something profound, so basically, everything I read from middle school and on was a miss.

What kinds of things do you usually daydream about if you daydream at all?

Blessed Gaian

14,975 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Divine Donator 100
I daydream all the time and about almost anything. I usually daydream about what how something will go in the future like how my husband and I's dinner date will go, or if I get a particular job etc. Almost never goes how I picture it in my mind though. lol whee

Do you believe in love at first sight or is that just all make believe?

Xyronix's Bae

Anxious Nerd

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright
I don't believe in it personally, because love at first sight is basically love by appearance, the way I see it. How can you instantly love someone you've never even talked to? The only thing you know about them is how they look, because it's the only thing you can tell right away. -shrugs-

What's the weirdest thing you've ever done for any reason?

Friendly Friend

I don't know.... once I ran into the ocean very early in the morning for no real reason. I guess that was weird, or at least, out of character.

Tell us about an opportunity you missed.

Eloquent Friend

It's dumb, something I still kick myself over. I never learned that there was an arbitrary rule to interviews: always be prepared with questions. When I was applying for college, I had a *lot* of interviews, and at the end of each one they always asked "Do you have any questions for us?"

A life lesson for all of you, folks: the answer is YES. Always think of something to ask. I just figured that the interview was over, and I could figure out anything I needed on their websites as it was all out there.

I think this factor made me lose a lot more than one opportunity at good colleges. I went to a very good music school, but I wonder if I would have preferred the others? I wonder what would've happened had I known there was this rule to interviews. At least I can say I had my integrity, and I know I had an amazing experience at school. Still, I wonder how things would've been different?

TNP: When was the last time you cried?

Bashful Star

Last Tuesday. It's finals and I'm under a lot of stress, coupled with a teacher who keeps triggering my anxiety inadvertently. (Lady, stop trying to look me in the eye when we're talking. D:

What's your favorite song that's older than you?

Questionable Cat

AC/DC - Highway to Hell

When was the last time you had to see a doctor, and what for?
Last year. I generally am a healthy person, but I had to go for an op.

TNP, a project that you would have like to do and complete, but never got around to finishing it and for what reason?

Visionary

Over the past 2 years I've been living in Japan and I've accumulated a lot of pictures.. I've been wanting to put together a photo album, but it's a lot of work and I don't have the time I want to dedicate to it.

What's the weirdest thing you've eaten/ What's a random food you hate that people don't understand? WHYY??

Questionable Cat

The weirdest thing I have eaten is alligator tail. I was like seven or eight and visiting some family on the Gulf and they were having a cook out. My dad was like "here, try this Sara!" and me, being young and way too trusting went "OH OK!"
And when I found out that really disgusting meat I just ate was alligator, I burst into tears.
Or so I'm told.

A random food I hate is mushrooms. All mushrooms. I hate them. Haaaate. The texture, the taste, just oh my god no.
Oh and I hate all sea food.

Have you ever feared/dreaded something so much that you became physically ill? What was it?

Cheery Genius

Yes, that happens whenever I have to take a test. I have the worst test anxiety in the world. I can't eat or drink anything before I take a test or else I'll get nauseous. I felt the same way when I had to play the piano in front of judges. I used to take part in an annual music festival where the judge scored my performance (five was the best, one was the worst), and the points accumulated over time. The last time I participated in that festival, I needed exactly five points to win the second-largest award. I got it, but all that stress ruined my love for piano. I don't take lessons anymore because my teacher made me perform in front of other people.

Who is the one person in your life who has left the greatest impression on you, and why?

Sparkly Girl

I can't openly name this person, so I'm gonna call this person: Bear.

I've only known Bear for a few years, but they've influenced me so much. With how I think, how I approach things, everything.
I've never met anyone so confident or resourceful before. Bear is completely capable of taking care of themselves. And for someone as clumsy as me, I just find it so amazing and admirable. Bear is a person I want to be.

Just by being friends with Bear, I've learned to be more grateful and patient; specifically with my family. Focusing on the good, what I have, what's important, things like that. And they've given me real advice. Not the wishy-washy crap people tell you when they don't know what to say (no offense, I don't know what to say most times either). Bear would really listen to me and say, "Okay, this is what you're gonna do." And BAM. My problems are solved. Almost.

tl;dr

dis purson iz rly cool and i hope we r frands 5ever

What's the best advice you've ever gotten?
OR
What's the best advice you can give someone?
(about anything, jobs, life, relationships, etc.)

Tricky Rogue

"You are only worth what you have to offer the world."

It is an extremely harsh truth, but could not be any truer, none the less. It means that, in order for you to be someone important, you have to put in every inch of effort required. You have to have the correct skill sets. You have to give, in order to get. That is the only thing the rest of the world wants from you: What can you do for everyone else?
Beyond that, well... you're pretty much kind of useless.

What kind of exotic animal would you like to own, if you happened to have the habitat and knowledge and licensing to keep it healthy in?

Tipsy Genius

A bear. I don't think anyone would try and steal from me with a bear guarding me. Besides, bears are awesome.

What country would you like to live in?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces