Welcome to Gaia! ::

I USE TO HANG OUT THERE ALL THE TIME sad
Died out in the 90s which is a damn shame, I put so many quarters into Street Fighter back in the day
they've merged with movie theatres.
they bombed them all so we had nothing better to do than go home & sleep, then get up and go to school, so the brainwashing may continue.

I'm going to hug my playstation, excuse me.
LOL i've only played once with a friend of mine
it was racing.
she came in 7th, i came in 8th.

totally worth $2 User Image
Arcades are too expensive to maintain and produce nowadays and don't generate nearly enough revenue to keep them going. This is actually partly at fault of the over abundance of arcades in the 80's-90's era.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.--User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.--User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

0 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 0

nowadays, you can emulate an enitre arcade and won't take much space.

and then there's the homebrew channel for the wii.

or just hang out at the theatres.
The drug dealers love those places too much....

Invisible Poster

its because the good kind of arcades are hidden, in a far away place or they are at golfland xD
They're now in smelly areas, run by insane Chinese assholes, and inhabited by 30-40 something year old smelly fat *****]
They were popular when they were more powerful then anything you could have in your home. Nowadays, consoles and home PCs are as powerful as anything they could reasonably put in a box that it isn't worthwhile to develop anything for them. Also, kids don't tend to get out as much anymore, (so I hear...)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff