Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tho the Loved
you link me to an active topic containing the same topic and I'll give you credit for that.

I didn't say it was an original topic, but have you ever seen an original topic in the ED?

So why are you contributing to the useless mess?
Join discussions instead of making new topics.
One less thread of no use to sift through.
Tho the Loved
Dior Trash
Tho the Loved
Dior Trash
You're pushing them off the first page with bull s**t like this, whining about the lack of discussion in a discussion forum.
I don't recall flaming you for asking a simple question. In fact, I remember a time that the only time someone got flamed is when they spouted complete bullshit. 1 topic asking where the discussions were did not push the discussions off the face of the earth, numerous repeat topics with misspelled titles involving abortion did.

You are attempting to tell me that this isn't a repeat topic? Please. talk2hand

you link me to an active topic containing the same topic and I'll give you credit for that.

I didn't say it was an original topic, but have you ever seen an original topic in the ED?

Yes. All the time. Back in about, oh, 2004 or 2005.

******** I'm old.

4,700 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Tho the Loved
iamdolt
Tho the Loved
iamdolt
these days discussion tends to revolve around philosophical wordy stuff that sounds erudite but more or less is the same as saying i don't know but look how smart i sound. i'd prefer they use sound resources and even citations if need be.
I remember when half the people came armed with research and links.... the other half came with religion. Didn't make either wrong or right. but I saw a few good arguments in my time.

i've been on the net for about twelve years and alot of the discussion is the same. no one can say their solutions/arguements are concrete due to new evidence being found on a regular basis. i wish people would get that through their heads too and let that factor into it. science isn't concrete. it just uses what's currently available and goes off the results.

regarding discussions involving science, anyway. i've kinda lost where I'm at. happens often >__>
Yes yes, I'm glad to meet someone that finally agrees science doesn't know everything yet, but we're working on it.

I've never been to fond of some of sciences arguments anyway. They can say something happened, take a detail and say this is an effect. without proving the effect happened because of the event. then again, I doubt nyone will be recreating the 'big bang'

i honestly don't see how we got here will ever further science. to me it's more of a vindication thing rather than actually furthering science. i could care less if the scientific notion is "right" or "wrong" as long as it works and doesn't have too many negative effects. scientists spend too much time debating and too little time getting to work on the issues at hand. putting their theories to the test, that is.
Too many people get caught up in what's scientifically factual or not. Facts can be changed at anytime. It's just silly trying to build universal truths on unstable facts that can change in an instant.
Booh ya! an original topic!

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/extended-discussion/ice-raid-in-mississippi/t.43148895/

the debate on immigration isnt original, but the fact that it's a topic contained about an incident that happened recently makes it an OG topic.

Revered Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Dior Trash
Tho the Loved

So why are you contributing to the useless mess?
Join discussions instead of making new topics.
One less thread of no use to sift through.

Well would you prefer I dig up an ancient thread to ask my question rather than making up a new one.

either way you're shifting through it.

As for joining a discussion, that leaves me limited to abortion, or originality, which I did join the originality one, it is slow going though.

Revered Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
iamdolt
Tho the Loved
iamdolt
Tho the Loved
iamdolt
these days discussion tends to revolve around philosophical wordy stuff that sounds erudite but more or less is the same as saying i don't know but look how smart i sound. i'd prefer they use sound resources and even citations if need be.
I remember when half the people came armed with research and links.... the other half came with religion. Didn't make either wrong or right. but I saw a few good arguments in my time.

i've been on the net for about twelve years and alot of the discussion is the same. no one can say their solutions/arguements are concrete due to new evidence being found on a regular basis. i wish people would get that through their heads too and let that factor into it. science isn't concrete. it just uses what's currently available and goes off the results.

regarding discussions involving science, anyway. i've kinda lost where I'm at. happens often >__>
Yes yes, I'm glad to meet someone that finally agrees science doesn't know everything yet, but we're working on it.

I've never been to fond of some of sciences arguments anyway. They can say something happened, take a detail and say this is an effect. without proving the effect happened because of the event. then again, I doubt nyone will be recreating the 'big bang'

i honestly don't see how we got here will ever further science. to me it's more of a vindication thing rather than actually furthering science. i could care less if the scientific notion is "right" or "wrong" as long as it works and doesn't have too many negative effects. scientists spend too much time debating and too little time getting to work on the issues at hand. putting their theories to the test, that is.

It's the world we live it, though I'll admit astronomers have made some progress with their equipment. They have found stars outside of our solar system. it is progress of a sort.

Greedy Genius

You just got "CHATTERBOXED" b***h.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas