Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revered Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I remember a time when I came to the ED, and we had educated/opinionated discussions involving real world issues.

Seems somethings been stirring up and I don't feel to pleased by it. More so when people play the blame game and have a lack of evidence for it.

I read the GD invaded the ED so you invaded back.

this seems to go against the very things I remember the ED arguing for.

In case you need a tl;dr version of that, which if you do you should be ashamed....

Where's the Discussions at?

4,700 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
these days discussion tends to revolve around philosophical wordy stuff that sounds erudite but more or less is the same as saying i don't know but look how smart i sound. i'd prefer they use sound resources and even citations if need be.
Lost in the stupidy, no?

Revered Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
iamdolt
these days discussion tends to revolve around philosophical wordy stuff that sounds erudite but more or less is the same as saying i don't know but look how smart i sound. i'd prefer they use sound resources and even citations if need be.
I remember when half the people came armed with research and links.... the other half came with religion. Didn't make either wrong or right. but I saw a few good arguments in my time.
You're pushing them off the first page with bull s**t like this, whining about the lack of discussion in a discussion forum.
Oddly I am having the best extended discussion I have had in months...only it's on msn.

4,700 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Tho the Loved
iamdolt
I remember when half the people came armed with research and links.... the other half came with religion. Didn't make either wrong or right. but I saw a few good arguments in my time.

i've been on the net for about twelve years and alot of the discussion is the same. no one can say their solutions/arguements are concrete due to new evidence being found on a regular basis. i wish people would get that through their heads too and let that factor into it. science isn't concrete. it just uses what's currently available and goes off the results.

regarding discussions involving science, anyway. i've kinda lost where i'm at. happens often >__>

Revered Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Dior Trash
You're pushing them off the first page with bull s**t like this, whining about the lack of discussion in a discussion forum.
I don't recall flaming you for asking a simple question. In fact, I remember a time that the only time someone got flamed is when they spouted complete bullshit. 1 topic asking where the discussions were did not push the discussions off the face of the earth, numerous repeat topics with misspelled titles involving abortion did.
can't say i've been an ED'er long enough to have known the supposed "good old days", but i have noticed some minor, however annoying changes to the ED.
Tho the Loved
Dior Trash
I don't recall flaming you for asking a simple question. In fact, I remember a time that the only time someone got flamed is when they spouted complete bullshit. 1 topic asking where the discussions were did not push the discussions off the face of the earth, numerous repeat topics with misspelled titles involving abortion did.

You are attempting to tell me that this isn't a repeat topic? Please. talk2hand
Tho the Loved
blah blah blah

"intelligent" discussions of the ED

"why cant i call black people niggers"
"christianity is wrong"
"atheism is wrong"
"exterminate the gays"
"save the animals!!"

Revered Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
iamdolt
Tho the Loved
iamdolt

i've been on the net for about twelve years and alot of the discussion is the same. no one can say their solutions/arguements are concrete due to new evidence being found on a regular basis. i wish people would get that through their heads too and let that factor into it. science isn't concrete. it just uses what's currently available and goes off the results.

regarding discussions involving science, anyway. i've kinda lost where I'm at. happens often >__>
Yes yes, I'm glad to meet someone that finally agrees science doesn't know everything yet, but we're working on it.

I've never been to fond of some of sciences arguments anyway. They can say something happened, take a detail and say this is an effect. without proving the effect happened because of the event. then again, I doubt nyone will be recreating the 'big bang'
The Chatterbox became A mindless void, the GD became the chatterbox, and the ED is the new GD.

Also, The guild section became one large Naruto fanclub.

Revered Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Tendus
Tho the Loved
blah blah blah

"intelligent" discussions of the ED

"why cant i call black people niggers"
"christianity is wrong"
"atheism is wrong"
"exterminate the gays"
"save the animals!!"

That sounds reminiscent of the GD to me.

that or topics that don't make it past page 50, not that I expect this one to.

I just needed something to do so I came to the ED.

Revered Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Dior Trash
Tho the Loved
Dior Trash

You are attempting to tell me that this isn't a repeat topic? Please. talk2hand

you link me to an active topic containing the same topic and I'll give you credit for that.

I didn't say it was an original topic, but have you ever seen an original topic in the ED?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff