Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was reading a book called 'The Doors of Perception' by Aldous Huxley, and in it I found a passage that really spoke to me and made me think. To summarize, it said that in some way or another, everyone tries to imitate their favorite fictional character. This makes sense, because naturally we choose our favorite character because either they remind us of ourselves, or they have some quality that we wish we had.

So, I thought that this would make an interesting discussion. So tell me, who is your favorite fictional character? And I want you to really think about it. Don't just choose some character that you have the hots for, because that character wouldn't represent you, it would represent what you're looking for in a partner, which is a much different thing. And why do they remind you of yourself, or what quality do they have that makes them appealing to you?

As for myself, I'm big on character analysis, as is a friend of mine. So whenever we're watching movies, we always pick out characters that we relate to in some way and spend time getting into their mindset. As such, I have a big list of characters. But, for my number one, at the risk of sounding cliche, I'm gonna have to say the Joker. Why? Well, many of my friends have told me that the character reminds them of me in personality. And if you took away the evil and killing instinct, he'd be just like me, while similarly, if I went over the edge, I'd be just like him. He also has the thing I value most in life: Freedom.

So, who is your favorite fictional character?
Barbarella.
My favorite character is Brambleclaw from Warriors, a book series by Erin Hunter. Even though Brambleclaw is a boy, and I'm a girl, we are still alike. Brambleclaw is loyal, kind, but things still can get on his nerves easily. He wishes that everyone will think about him of who HE is, not his father, Tigerstar, who was pure evil. Except with me, I want people to think about who I am, not how i look by apprearence, though I do not look ugly! I mean by appearence by clothes, like some people would say I wear tomboy clothes or gothic clothes or whatever, but I just think I'm normal by wearing what I want and acting how I want. I didn't mean to give a big speech about it, it just turned out to be alot of letters. thats it for now, bye.
heart Draco Malfoy heart - Harry Potter
Ash Redfern - Night World
Danica Shardae and Zane Cobriana from "Hawksong" by Amelia Atwater Rhodes.

*hides from oncoming Edward Cullen/Twilight fans*
One may tolerate a world of demons,

User Image User Image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Doctor.
He reminds me of myself.
A face so young but eyes so old.
Makes stuff up as he goes along but in the end it works out.
Always searching for knowlege.
Adventurous.
Somethings are best left unexplained.
Has deep emotions but doesn't tend to show it.
Likes to travel a lot.
Been through more than can be handled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User Image User Image

For the sake of an angel
Brooke Davis.

I don't see her as myself though, although I can identify with all of the crap people put her through, all of the betrayels and horrible friends and the like. Mostly, I would see her as a best friend, one that I would want to protect from all of those things and hold her while she cries. Otherwise, Brooke Davis is nothing like me, and I would not want to be like her at all. =)
Alex rider from Anthony horowitz's books
-Jacob Black, from the Twilight Saga.
-Ron Weasely, from Harry Potter
-Holden Caulfield, from Catcher in the Rye
Froggo. :}

The Doctor.

Not just the one played by David Tennant, but every single form The Doctor has ever had. <3
kroenen. xp
Link from legend of zelda <3<3<3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas