Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Out Of The Elven Race, Which Race Is Your Favorite?

Elves 0.39572192513369 39.6% [ 444 ]
Half-Elves 0.19964349376114 20.0% [ 224 ]
Dark Elves 0.40463458110517 40.5% [ 454 ]
Total Votes:[ 1122 ]

AurinJade
Hey, I've been away from this thread a really long time, but I'm curious as to what ever happened to your poor poisoned ranger, Brilwen. Did that ever work out for him?

I Solemnly Swear

Yeah it did, he's fine and dandy now it took atleast two books for them to get himc ured but he is doing great in the story it worked out very well indeed.

And Phoenix, when you had mentioned that, for some reason I kept picturing Viking like elves for sailing elves. That is the only thing that came to my mind, maybe due to watching the thirteenth warrior over the past week.

~ Aliyssa ~

That I, Am Up To No Good
Brilwen

And Phoenix, when you had mentioned that, for some reason I kept picturing Viking like elves for sailing elves. That is the only thing that came to my mind, maybe due to watching the thirteenth warrior over the past week.

Nah, these are the nicest of the elf cultures. While most are xenophobic in some way, these guys like anyone they can trade with. It's more of a preference to keep form being on land than a taboo.
I Solemnly Swear

Ahhhh okay, like I said that's what came to mind though when you had mentioned sailing I've been watching the thirteenth warrior of late since it has been on demand off and on thank goodness.

Anyways, I'm still struggling with my elemental Ice Elf, what I basically what I need help discussing is if the elementals should all have their powers connected to the earth (not in that way they're allready connected to the earth due to what they are) when they all bring their powers together to create one being who controls all the elements?

And the question with the Ice Elf, is that besides anything cold, should she have control over fog banks and rain and things like that?

~ Aliyssa ~

That I, Am Up To No Good
[align=center]Well I'd say that an ice elf would have limited control over water... Like, she could be able to breath out a cold 'mist' that, when it touches something, it turns into a kind of thin icy layer. Kind of a more realistic version of ice breath, I guess.
But that mist would be from the water in her body, so I'd say that she'd have to drink a lot of water to use that a lot. Her body temperature would probably be very cold, her skin cool to the touch, etc.
I'd say that if she wanted to make something out of ice she'd need to have a body of water handy first, like a lake. She could have a kind of limited psychic ability over water, so that she can float it up and over to it and shape it into whatever she wants, then freeze it.
She would probably be most powerful in the rain... Like if she could get close enough to you while you were wet, she could just freeze a whole layer of ice over you.

Which is beginning to give me an idea about elemental elves all being different sub-species...
What if I combined fantasy and sci-fi and put every fantasy species on their own planet?
E.g. a planet where elves replace humans, a planet for dwarfs...
The faeries could possibly share a planet with the humans... Since humans are similar to elves in basics, but aren't as magical, not to mention very wasteful, the faeries could be kind of like protectors of the planet...

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Fog is water, not ice, so fog is doubtful. check out why fog happens (I think 'cause the earth is warmer than the air around it.

There is an interesting phenomenon that happens when fog freezes, but I forget what its called.

Ice elemental would be limited to hail and snow weather wise. But they can make a handy cold-pack.
I Solemnly Swear

Okay thats right I was trying to remember about that for the life of me I just couldn't remember though, anyways thanks for the quick answer compendium, I really do appreciate that it helped out a lot.

I kinda like writing about her she's rather interesting due to her powers, and with what I think up about her during the process, I have loads of fun with it all. I do have a weather elemental who technically controls the weather and everything so it's rather interesting to toy with.

~ Aliyssa ~

That I, Am Up To No Good

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I've been gone a while, sorry guys...

Saipire is still evolving, her transformings are now because of a curse! It sounded a lot better or a plot.
Sapphirianna
I've been gone a while, sorry guys...

Saipire is still evolving, her transformings are now because of a curse! It sounded a lot better or a plot.

I Solemnly Swear

LOL, Okay thanks for telling us Sapphirianna.

And I'm not really sure what I can tell you about that it's not very much to go on, giving birth to only females would be rather complicated on keeping the race going wouldn't it? I'm not criticizing just pointing out something important.

The culture you're talking about wouldn't happen to be the amazons you had mentioned a while back would it?

~ Aliyssa ~

That I, Am Up To No Good
Alright guys, I need help now on a writing problem, not really elf-related, but it will involve elves. Ready? here we go:
Well, I began my ninth book in in my main series a little over a month ago. I had been going along pretty well; the plot's good, the characters are as 3D as my current writing skills can allow, and I was doing pretty well, as I have stated. But I had stopped writing in the story, taking on several side projects, mainly short stories and poetry, along with song writing for my band. Now, I have tried to return to writing my main story, and... well, I can't seem to get into it. My mind won't focus on it. Does anybody here have any tips for getting back into a story?
One of the ways I get into re-writing a story is to start writing with the characters again. Or drawing them. Writing "What if" type stories with them. Another way is to either force myself to again start writing, or I just write sections I want to (that are interesting for me). If none of those work, I start majorly editing the piece.
Yukroneanninja
Alright guys, I need help now on a writing problem, not really elf-related, but it will involve elves. Ready? here we go:
Well, I began my ninth book in in my main series a little over a month ago. I had been going along pretty well; the plot's good, the characters are as 3D as my current writing skills can allow, and I was doing pretty well, as I have stated. But I had stopped writing in the story, taking on several side projects, mainly short stories and poetry, along with song writing for my band. Now, I have tried to return to writing my main story, and... well, I can't seem to get into it. My mind won't focus on it. Does anybody here have any tips for getting back into a story?

I Solemnly Swear

Usually when I can't seem to figure out how to get back into writing again, I relax and kick back try some reading or else some music ofcourse.

I hit those problems now and then, it just takes a little while just go over what you've written is also a good way to getting back into the writing mode. Basically refresh your memory of what has happened and slowly start up from there.

~ Aliyssa ~

That I, Am Up To No Good
Actually, my reading was one of the things that stopped me from writing. I got into a really big book and spent a lot of time reading it. But thank you, both of you. I'll try your ideas and see what happenes, I suppose. Thanks again ^_^

Fashionable Seeker

5,050 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Friendly 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Going to Spain tomorrow... won't be able to post every day... yadda yadda...
irian-andaluv
Going to Spain tomorrow... won't be able to post every day... yadda yadda...

Have fun! ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces