User Image

Heads up, sports fans!

As you may know, the 2008 Summer Olympics are coming up fast. We made a bid to host the games, but unfortunately the bigwigs running the International Olympic Committee don't think Gaia qualifies as a country. To solve this little humdinger, we're hosting our own games: the Gaia Rejected Olympics.

I'm Bruce Hardcastle, and along with my partner, Ricky Baudelaire, I'll be covering the highs and lows of this landmark event. Let me tell you, folks, this will be a beautiful, graceful demonstration of athletic prowess, a soaring tribute to the physical and psychological potential within each of us! We will see Gaians pushed to their limits in grueling contests of strength and stamina, striving to achieve the seemingly impossible!

Well, maybe not so much. But you can bet your weight in angry, slithering snakes that this will be fun and exciting!

The Rejected Olympics will launch on July 21st and wrap up July 27th. During that time, you'll experience tons of sports that the real Olympics are too snooty to recognize. In the coming days and weeks, you'll be treated to five manga comics showing you the run-up to the event, with all your favorite Gaia citizens and towns participating.

For more details, check out the official page:

Visit the Gaia Rejected Olympics Page

And don't miss the first manga, starring none other than Lanzer himself:

View the First Manga

Please join me and your fellow Gaians for this historic event, sure to go down in the annals of history as an unsightly smudge on the soul of athletic completion!

And one more thing: if you're the kind of person who likes having opinions about stuff, boy howdy have we got some incredible news for you! We're conducting a quick little opinion poll thingie, and we'd like to cordially invite you to respond. Or not. No pressure!