Welcome to Gaia! ::

I turned on the T.V. today and saw only horrible things being shown on the media networks... such as CNN: Two men were beheaded today in Nigeria...Suicide bombing...Serial Killer...Murder...Rape...Violence...Drugs...

Basically I am not saying the entire world is bad, or there is nothing good in what we have created, but I am asking people out here what is the world to you? Examples of how you see the world, or maybe the way you personally feel about how the world became what it is today. There is no right or wrong answers just a discussion of what is yet to come of our world and what it is now.

Starting out I see the world as a large reallity show... being shown, to us fortunate enough, through the eyes of the media. those that are expierencing the issues first hand are the medias stars... I don't understand why the world can't be shown of what is good, and all the beauty that the world keeps in store, but rather we as the people rather watch the horrible, because that is what makes our mind tick. We dont want to see people helping one another when we watch the news, we want to see murder, violence, etc. because that is what sparks our interests...
It's not the world it's the media, I'm no conspiracy theorist I'm just saying you always see stories on killing in the middle east but you never see the new schools made in Africa (unless they're made by Oprah)
I agree with you because the media controls what we basically see of the world so it can twist our views to get ratings. However, not all news is bad. In Canada, I don't remember when I heard this so it may have changed in the years since I had, I heard their news stations broadcast only good news and that had kept the crime rate down some how. Unlike America where we hear about most murders and crimes in the area, which make us want to protect ourselves and more crimes can be committed.

I admit, I am no expert. But to me, the world is beautiful. We just need to take the time to see it and appreciate it. We shouldn't take the scenic route and look at all the beauty we see and call it mere scenery. We should take that route and appreciate what the world has to offer. (Note: I'm not a green or an environmentalist I just think we need a balance)
The media shows death, destruction, and violence because those things sell papers and make ratings.

Think of it this way: It's not that the world has become more violent. We've just become more obsessed with violence.
Whenever you have the world in a good place, there will always be that person who decides they deserve more.

IMF and the world bank are running the show. They're forgiving the third world countries their loans through our gas prices and are putting us down to the level of a third world country. The world is exploding because people aren't able to live anymore, even in our country. It's going to get worse, and is already.

We need help.
I believe that we aren't as bad as people say think we are.

There is always going to be violence in the world, and its the way you handle/view the violence that shows your view of the world, I think that the human race as come far, with a some ups and downs, but that is a given, but I am glad to be alive and live in a world where I can obtain food, water and shelter when needed.
I have thought this topic over and over almost every day sinci I was old enough to understand all the crap happening out there and have found three simple reasons:

- humans are stupid (not always in the way of being intellectual)
- humans are greedy
- humans have fear

If you think of any event in history one, or all of these have been behind it.
Honestly no matter how hard we try there is no way to change how the media portrays the world, but rather we need to understand how the world is being shown. Philosphers say that the world and everything in it will come to a full circle in the end. The end of creation was the creation itself. Man is nothing but emotions and choices, and the choices man makes is based upon his or her emotions and those are what feed our needs, and the media and everything else around it simply feeds our need.
No one really watches the news if nothing "juicy" is on, though.
It's actually kind of boring watching all good news.
because our president screwed us all over and sent us into a 7 year war...in my opinion
i mean its at a stage, where i live (chicago) the police cant even be trusted, they've shot 7 people in the last 2 weeks and killed 4 of them
so disgusting

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces