Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Reveler

17,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Champion 300
Hey all!
I've been wondering... ever read a new book and find a character that shares your name? Were they a good guy? A bad guy? Did you connect with them in any way?

"Theresa" is a vampire in Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K Hamilton. She belongs to Nikolaus, and is a right evil beeyotch. At first, I was rather pleased to see my name in print. Then I saw what kind of bad girl she was, and was rather amused that she'd been found decapitated on a sidewalk in St Louis. smile I have yet to find any other books with same-name characters.

So, discuss. Which literary creations share your name?
Are you similar or opposite to the character?
(While the fictional Theresa and I may both have a deep love of dramatic clothes, I am nowhere near as gorgeous or evil as the vampiress.)

(Plus, I'm better at hanging on to my head. *grin*)

Nuclear Werewolf

For all the people and small towns in Washington who have my last name, I've never seen a fictionalized character with my full name... Only instance of my surname to my knowledge is a minor character in Misery who happened to be dead to begin with. =

Can't recall seeing my first name a lot, if ever.
rofl No never well there was that time when I read great great grandfathers book he published about our entire family, other than that no my name hasn't ever showed up in a book and I doubt anyone could find one.

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
Jessica from Merchant of Venice! Apparently, I was named after her, though I act more like Portia. wink
The only one I can think of now is Matilda from Roald Dahl's book with the same name. It's been a long while since I read this book (I was like... what? Nine? Ten? I might even have been eight), so I don't remember that much, but I do love reading just like her.
In Eragon, there's a dragon named Saphira, right?
My names Safira. The spellings different, but I guess it is the same. ninja
I have an entire Jane Austen novel with my name.
Emma. biggrin

I'm so jealous of my friend though, because she was named after two of the Bronte sisters: Charlotte Emily.
I've only seen my name once in a book and it's the book I'm currently reading. Her name is Heather and she got hit by a car and died. 3nodding

I was very sad, but then I found out she is one of the main characters and she is a ghost now. So that is kinda cool. blaugh
The book "Marked" had a minor secondary character (Kayla) with my name. She was my total opposite; stupid, preppy, desperate to hook up her BFF with her ex (who still has feelings for her), shifting loyalties, etc. I was actually very ticked off at Kayla in the book. " evil YOU DON'T DESERERVE MY NAME!!!!"
JK Rowling mentions very briefly in Half-Blood Prince that Tom Riddle Senior's girlfriend before Merope brainwashed him, was named Cecilia. That's about it though.
Well, not my actual name, but when I was taking a french class my "french name" was Sabine, and I've found that one a few times in books. The main character in the Seer series by Linda Joy Singleton, and the main character in the Magician's Assistant by Ann Patchett are both named Sabine.
Romeo&Juliet My name is Ben but is close to benvolio

Benevolent Sex Symbol

10,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
never, have i ever come across my name in a book.
doubt it'll ever happen though.
unless i start reading norwegian-based novels.

i've heard it once in 'pretty woman', very fleetingly.
that's about it.
my names kaitlyn and i've found alot of books with girls with the same name only spelled differently and they're always these dark haired mindless colourless insipid creatures that are no more character than mud
which isnt really fair to mud becuz if somebody personified mud in the right way i'm sure it could be a very awesome story
Well, this old lady magician did have a rather cranky cat "Sabrina" in a Diane Wyne-Jones (I'm prolly butchering her name) novel if I do recall. I think it was either The Year of the Griffin or something about a Dark Lord. Hey, it's been awhile since I've read either of those.

Other than that I've never come across another book character by the name of "Sabrina". And Sabrina the Teenage Witch DOESN'T COUNT!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff