Total Votes:[ 1301 ]

Suzaku Yo's Queen

Firebreathing Dragon

19,725 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Millionaire 200
Kara Kazeneko
I spent the weekend at a local anime convention and had a major blast. emotion_yatta

Nice to see ya in here, Hoshi. Thought I'd only see ya post on FB with how busy ya are.

@ Koto = Welcome back to you as well! Man, this is like a little reunion of peeps (LOL).

(kind of making me wish all of a sudden that Kuwabara and Touya would show up... *SNIFF*)

Pray for me, I got a job in fast food. (mcdonalds)
But it is first Job Ever and it took me this log to get one so I am still sorta stoked

Boss lady is stressed out cause the uniformes were due monday and so she has to keep delaying orientation.

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
ToushinYusuke
Hoshi no Miko
Hey Toushin! I still exist, just busy with life so gaia tends to be put on the back burner at times. On top of work my husband and I adopted a dog recently, she takes up so much time @_@ Looks like there's been some fun conversation in here though... I see people have been talking about Lanipator and YYH abridged. I'm sad because he's said he's basically stopped doing it for now in one of his more recent videos. It is kind of nice that he made it through the Rescue Yukina arc though, and did the movie, man his version of the movie was epic XD

Some how didn't see this before. I blame gaia. >O

The dog just a puppy? Or a really hyper big dog?

I know it sucks he stopped doing it, don't care about watching him do video games and s**t. D< All the lame youtubers do that s**t any more. Boooooring. Not many have a talent for VAing though. And as well as he does it. D< Waste!

His movie version I think will always be the best version. XD

She's a year old and she's a rescue dog... She's mostly just hyper, Aaron and I have only had her since August and she's already destroyed the two cat doors that lead to the basement(like ripped them off the door), destroyed a PS3 remote, destroyed my glasses, and as of two nights ago, literally ripped a chunk off the bottom of our laundry room door -_- She has been a very expensive little creature, and we've gotten to the point where we actually have to spend a chunk of our Christmas money getting her professionally trained. If that fails, we have no choice but to give her back to the SPCA ;_;
Ah yeah, about Lani, I don't really give two shits about watching him play video games either, but I suppose it gets him the views and the money. I know he's working with Team4Star on Hellsing Ultimate Abridged though, he's the Major, so that's something. He's actually kind of funny to listen to, when his German accent cracks, you hear his Yusuke voice really clearly underneath it XD Yusuke's a Nazi leader... man that sounds so bad.

Powered-up Fighter

Hoshi no Miko
ToushinYusuke
Hoshi no Miko
Hey Toushin! I still exist, just busy with life so gaia tends to be put on the back burner at times. On top of work my husband and I adopted a dog recently, she takes up so much time @_@ Looks like there's been some fun conversation in here though... I see people have been talking about Lanipator and YYH abridged. I'm sad because he's said he's basically stopped doing it for now in one of his more recent videos. It is kind of nice that he made it through the Rescue Yukina arc though, and did the movie, man his version of the movie was epic XD

Some how didn't see this before. I blame gaia. >O

The dog just a puppy? Or a really hyper big dog?

I know it sucks he stopped doing it, don't care about watching him do video games and s**t. D< All the lame youtubers do that s**t any more. Boooooring. Not many have a talent for VAing though. And as well as he does it. D< Waste!

His movie version I think will always be the best version. XD

She's a year old and she's a rescue dog... She's mostly just hyper, Aaron and I have only had her since August and she's already destroyed the two cat doors that lead to the basement(like ripped them off the door), destroyed a PS3 remote, destroyed my glasses, and as of two nights ago, literally ripped a chunk off the bottom of our laundry room door -_- She has been a very expensive little creature, and we've gotten to the point where we actually have to spend a chunk of our Christmas money getting her professionally trained. If that fails, we have no choice but to give her back to the SPCA ;_;
Ah yeah, about Lani, I don't really give two shits about watching him play video games either, but I suppose it gets him the views and the money. I know he's working with Team4Star on Hellsing Ultimate Abridged though, he's the Major, so that's something. He's actually kind of funny to listen to, when his German accent cracks, you hear his Yusuke voice really clearly underneath it XD Yusuke's a Nazi leader... man that sounds so bad.

Holy s**t, yeah, I wouldn't be putting up with that s**t no way or how. I'd have probably snapped the dog's neck myself at that point. ( very low tolerance for kids / dogs that act up and destroy s**t ) So I'll say this for the dog, she's lucky she's where she is, because you're trying to work with her. Do you know what breed she is? That has a lot to do with how hyper / restless they can get. German Shepard / Beagle and one more....are known to be the top 3 "ADD" "working" dogs, they need something to constantly keep them busy and moving and occupied, they won't sit in the house and behave.

Hm, I've not heard the abridged series of that in years, only when it was first hinted / starting to come out.
=O Yes! Sieg Heil, Ihre Gott, Yusuke! >3

Powered-up Fighter

KaraTails
Kara Kazeneko
I spent the weekend at a local anime convention and had a major blast. emotion_yatta

Nice to see ya in here, Hoshi. Thought I'd only see ya post on FB with how busy ya are.

@ Koto = Welcome back to you as well! Man, this is like a little reunion of peeps (LOL).

(kind of making me wish all of a sudden that Kuwabara and Touya would show up... *SNIFF*)

But it is first Job Ever and it took me this log to get one so I am still sorta stoked

Boss lady is stressed out cause the uniformes were due monday and so she has to keep delaying orientation.

good luck there. =D

Suzaku Yo's Queen

Firebreathing Dragon

19,725 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Millionaire 200
ToushinYusuke
KaraTails
Kara Kazeneko

good luck there. =D

Thanks! Orientation is this wednesday.. if the uniforms come in...
I filled out all the forms and stuff so I am just.. waiting..
and cleaning out the pantry and fridge. They are bad enough mom is giving money rewards for cleaning them.

Magical Librarian

51,525 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
ℳουs℩ɛ sɑɥs:

Ironically... while I don't live with my mom really anymore... I still end up being the one who cleans out the pantry.
I don't get anything for it either, lol. I just don't want to get sick from eating something that expired 2 years ago.
Yeah, that happens.

@ Kara T: Good luck, hope all goes well and congrats on the job~

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."

Powered-up Fighter

KaraTails
ToushinYusuke
KaraTails
Kara Kazeneko

good luck there. =D

and cleaning out the pantry and fridge. They are bad enough mom is giving money rewards for cleaning them.

Worst task ever. X/ Especially if you find some hidden thing in the back of the fridge buried behind other stuff from 2 weeks prior that ended up looking like a weird science project. X.x;

Powered-up Fighter

MadHatterzMouse
ℳουs℩ɛ sɑɥs:

Ironically... while I don't live with my mom really anymore... I still end up being the one who cleans out the pantry.
I don't get anything for it either, lol. I just don't want to get sick from eating something that expired 2 years ago.
Yeah, that happens.

@ Kara T: Good luck, hope all goes well and congrats on the job~

Wanna come clean out my cabinets for me too? =D

Magical Librarian

51,525 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
ToushinYusuke

Wanna come clean out my cabinets for me too? =D
ℳουs℩ɛ sɑɥs:

Do you want to help come cleanup my landscaping? lol~
So many grass and weeds have got into the stone bed around the front that it's a huge mess.

Suzaku Yo's Queen

Firebreathing Dragon

19,725 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Millionaire 200
ToushinYusuke
KaraTails
ToushinYusuke
KaraTails
Kara Kazeneko

good luck there. =D

Worst task ever. X/ Especially if you find some hidden thing in the back of the fridge buried behind other stuff from 2 weeks prior that ended up looking like a weird science project. X.x;

Found a few of those in the pantry... Found some stuff from 2002. A lot of s**t expires in january or march of 2016.

The fridge will be fun... emotion_facepalm And so will scrubbing those shelves...

@Mouse: Well looking in the pantry as it was before, you couldnt tell where anything was, you couldnt even step in the pantry, and a lot of us went looking for something, knoed things to the floor on accident and then went "Nope" and left to find something to make that didnt need any pantry stuff. Sadly, the refrigerator is the same..

So it needs it.

I eventually went brain dead since I worked for so long and mom took over, but she was the one who needs the pantry so she had the system she wanted. it worked out

Benevolent Phantom

Makai Ouji was awesome ( >u > );;
SO fourth quarter started and so has the fools ( =w= ) ;;
hope everyone is fairing well.
I would install the gaia app to log in more, but the app is so lame.
I will be sure to install the app once I get my tablet.

~☽♡☾~

Catwalk Phantom

Rappy needs to rant, and I am doing it here so I don't blow up about it on Tumblr or Facebook in hopes I'll bypass the whole 'offending people for having opinions' thing.

I heard good things so I decided to watch Disney/Pixar's Inside Out tonight.
So I can admit I had low expectations when I decided to watch this. I heard something about it being called a rip off of Osmosis Jones, which for me is what we'd call a "guilty pleasure" which I'd never apologize for... BUT the same thing could have been said about Ant-Man and I loved that movie so that really shouldn't mean anything.

My face literally hurts from the fact it was distorted into a disgusted expression throught the beginning to end of the entire movie.
Spoilers ahead, read at your own risk.

Movie starts off with a fricken baby. I hate babies; so naturally, this is disgusting. It goes on with the cheap, cliche technique of exposition... explaining their oh so 'creative' and 'whimsical' version of what makes up a person, using flashback montages to illustrate how they make our main character (or in Osmosis Jones logic... our 'Frank') who they are... I mean literally. They go into great detail trying to sell this surreal version of being... and the protagonist... "Joy" is seen bragging about how good she is at her 'job' and bossing around all the other emotions and thinking she is the best and needs to be pretty much the only emotion showing through.

The story was so predictable and of course the characters avoid taking any sensible action at every opportunity and aside being predictable with stock morals from so many other 'kid movies'. What oh so creative idea did Disney/Pixar give us as an obsticle? Well obviously the WORST POSSIBLE THING that can happen to a kid: ... MOVING!
Just like in Footloose, Beetlejuice, The Paper Brigade, Hocus Pocus, My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, Casper, Airborne, Johnny Tsunami, It, Mean Girls, Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century, Grease, Cheaper by the Dozen, Twilight, Epic, The Craft, What a Girl Wants, Airbud, Save the Last Dance, The Sandlot, John Tucker Must Die, House at the End of the Street, and The Karate Kid!

Being that this is all the conflict the movie had to work with... the movie comes off overblown and dramatic. YES, I am sure for a kid moving is hard, and tough but there's been a billion movies (as stated above) that have explored that... and the whole apostle that this movie is trying to deliver us is that sometimes we need to feel sadness and that it's okay to emote that.

Now that's actually a good 'take away' for the movie and it's illustrated between the two characters "Joy" and "Sadness..." but the whole movie's plot moves on in a downward spiral because these two characters are physically removed from 'headquarters' so that the girl they live in is unable to feel those emotions.

Now I understand that the whole visual story is just one big metaphor but that's why it bugs me so much. At least in Osmosis Jones their surreal world was metaphysical. White blood cells do fight infections, germs harm the body, bacteria festers from bad hygiene... but this world in Inside Out doesn't touch on anything outside strictly the human character's psyche... and so when the two characters Joy and Sadness are having their inability to coincide with one another it doesn't align with the real world situations.

Maybe it all was just too abstract for my appreciation because they basically tried to make an epic journey/adventure and human character development based on such a small event...

Also as a side complaint for a movie that stars "Minnesotans" it is so apparent there was really little research or thought done on that. I mean... yeah we got hockey and yeah its cold here but that fricken bird movie Rio had a more true depiction of Minnesota even though they kept using the term "Cheese and Sprinkles" which I can assure is not a thing I've ever heard of here.

Okay done complaining and feel a lot better getting that out of my system. Still say its a bad movie.

I know this is an unpopular opinion based on the fact IMBD rated it like 8.4 stars and Rotten Tomatoes gave it an astounding 98% while the population gave it a 90% rating.

Magical Librarian

51,525 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
ℳουs℩ɛ sɑɥs:

@ Jin: Maybe my take-away didn't read as deep for the movie, lol. Or I didn't sit and think about it really.
My take away was more "it's okay to be sad or afraid and feel upset, it's normal."
Honestly though, probably because I have social anxiety I probably understood it a bit more in a odd way, it's almost exactly what I went through when I moved in high school.
But I never really had a bounce back, per se, anymore I'm still more of a cold person to individuals I don't know and I kinda hate being in public or dealing with it.
Now I'm not saying it's a great movie, I still definitely love Frozen and the Croods more, lol.
Frozen - Elsa is more me, that's almost eerily similar to my life and some things I've gone through, and my sister is totally Anna.

Suzaku Yo's Queen

Firebreathing Dragon

19,725 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Millionaire 200
THE UNIFORMS ARRIVES YAY!

.. and I forgot the nme of the lady I tke them from. Started with a V??? OTL

Benevolent Phantom

MadHatterzMouse
ℳουs℩ɛ sɑɥs:

@ Jin: Maybe my take-away didn't read as deep for the movie, lol. Or I didn't sit and think about it really.
My take away was more "it's okay to be sad or afraid and feel upset, it's normal."
Honestly though, probably because I have social anxiety I probably understood it a bit more in a odd way, it's almost exactly what I went through when I moved in high school.
But I never really had a bounce back, per se, anymore I'm still more of a cold person to individuals I don't know and I kinda hate being in public or dealing with it.
Now I'm not saying it's a great movie, I still definitely love Frozen and the Croods more, lol.
Frozen - Elsa is more me, that's almost eerily similar to my life and some things I've gone through, and my sister is totally Anna.

I relate to your last sentence c: 100%

~☽♡☾~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out