Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you ever think Gaia has too MUCH variety?

Actually, yeah! 0.18666666666667 18.7% [ 14 ]
Um, maybe? 0.25333333333333 25.3% [ 19 ]
u crzy, gime itmz 0.56 56.0% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 75 ]
< 1 2 3 4

Ruthless Raider

12,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
I've thought at times that there are too many item updates and such, but not for the same reason that you have.
I don't care what other people do with their items, I do enjoy the new items, I've never had a probably with making an avatar except when I was new.
The reason I thought there were too many items, more like too many updates, was because I was thinking, "What if they run out of ideas? gonk " or "I can't keep up with the new item updates! gonk "
They probably won't run out of ideas since the staff has an excellent imagination, but it is hard for me to get the new items.
Sometimes I think so.
Then I feel small, like a small fish in the ocean. :c

I don't always feel that way though,
cuz some items that are new are really great! ^_^
While I think the increased number of items over the years is generally a good thing, I do feel like there is sometimes less creativity and I'm less interested in avatars in general (although I still love dressing mine up).

The mermaid outfit is a great example. I remember when Gaia introduced the ability to sit/kneel down there were a few mermaid outfits with just the right trousers and shoes - wonderful creativity and imagination. I did like the outfits that were made to look like other things with a limited item pool to work with. Now, we just tend to have those items without needing to work to get the look right.

I wouldn't go back though - I have well over 1000 items (not sure how many exactly, a lot are in storage and a few on mules) but then they build up over the years. I do find having a fairly large inventory it's easy to forget about things you don't wear often - it's always nice to find a forgotten treasure though.

I think I need to wander back into Avatar Talk, maybe get back some of that enthusiasm about avatars smile

4,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
I find myself using the same items over an over again and then I find an item I've had in my for a long time and never used and then I want to use it but can't make a nice avi without buying more stuff... It's a viscious cycle.

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
    > I have over 800 items and I still succeed at making great avatars. ;D

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items