Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tiny Alchemist

I used to feel the same way about MC's... I thought they were the coolest things ever... now it's like... oh a new MC. Great....
I remember when I started I was fascinated by the creativity of avatars and naturally gravitated towards Avatar Talk (via a brief stop in the old guild forum before guilds existed) where I stayed for a long time (probably until the GCD forum was added).

I loved the avatars and was amazed at what people could do with the limited store items (this was in 2003 when there had only been a handful of donation items and commons were limited - rare event items seemed slightly more common though). I had a folder of great avatars saved for inspiration.

Now, well the avatars aren't worse (better probably, far wider choice of items), I just don't have the same enthusiasm anymore. I don't change my own avatar all that often and so my visits to AT are rare.
I was very much excited when I joined Gaia. I was all like "Omgg look at tehh pretty items" and s**t. Everytime I reached a certain amount of gold I would piss myself with a feeling of extreme happiness- like I climbed a huge mountain and found a pot of gold at the top.

Yeah...

I've lost my enthusiam since then. It's the same ole pile of feces when I get on. I mean I'm not complaining or anything, I like piles of feces...but I guess this one's getting a little stale- you know, lost it's great smell and stuff.

Gracious Lunatic

I know what you mean x]

Upon first joining, I was fascinated by the forums and MC's x]

Now I guess it seems a bit routine. More surprises please Gaia D:
Gaia has lost a bit of it's sparkle, I admit. But I still love it here. I've been to loads of forums, but never participated the way I do here.

But now that I've got this avatar, which I adore, it's made me start posting a hell of a lot more than I used to.

Froggy's Waifu

Stalker

23,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
It isn't all that surprising to feel more jaded as time goes by. I mean, as a newb you have so many possibilities ahead of you. You have all these goals you want to make; all these things you've never seen before. After you've been on Gaia for a couple years, you've seen it all and you have quite a bit. It loses its newness and it's harder to keep us happy.

When I was a newb I just wanted to find a place to fit in and have a nice avatar. I've pretty much accomplished all of the goals I had set for myself at this point. So yeah, it makes Gaia a little more boring than it was when I first joined.

O.G. Dabbler

11,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
User Image

The old (and newbie) T didn't care too much on how well an avi was put together. It was more gold gold gold. I could never keep any of what I earned. My view on items have improved, I didn't get too excited about new items because they were out of my price range.

I get excited when there's an update and I have to go try stuff on immediately. Some updates make me go "meh.." because some of them suck in my opinion or have items I wouldn't use. When there's awesome MCs, EI's, or shop updates. I get that "OMGOMG MUST BUY" feeling.

Gaia has been predictable but I don't mind, I've gained some enthusiasm.

1,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Old me: ......still be helping with the Q&A, very curious.

New Me: Roleplay ALOT, understand alot about Gaia, have less goals, bored.

I think the old me was more helpful than the New me, because I quited the Q&A. But I did have alot of quests, so I earn gold like there was no tomorrow! neutral

But Right now.........*sigh*
I don't really care about gold now, I mean I do care, but not as much as I used to. It'll probably sit there until I buy an item.
Try four years sweety. Eh, personally, it depends on items, I went WHEEE! when I saw the Magical Girl uniforms and the Wonderland, too bad all those items were too big and bulky ):

5,200 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

*How did Gaia make you feel when you were a newbie vs now?
When I was a newbie, I constantly roleplayed because it was fun to let loose my imagination. I was also a n00b then, when my grammar needed to be run over by a truck, so people would always give me the same sarcasm as they give other n00bs today. But I always loved Gaia, and envied those able to buy monthly collectibles or expensive items I only dreamed of having. I thought I'd never become rich. But look at me now. ;3

*How have your views changed?
Gaia has changed ridiculously since I first heard of the site. Everything is set up differently, there are, of course, the Evolving Items, sponsors are suckish, more and more n00bs and young, innocent children...

*Are your views still the same?
Yes, and I hate it.

*Is there anything left here that gives you that special feeling inside?
I still roleplay a bit, and that always makes me happy. But besides that, nothing really. I always wonder what the next Evolving Items/MCs will be, yet at the same time I know it will be too expensive for someone, and they'll start flaming it. It's a vicious cycle.

*Do you wish things wouldn't have changed?
Of course. D':

User Image

1,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Yeah, I used chat speak all the time xD Eventually it went away when I grew up I guess.

I wouldn't know how to post. DD:

User Image

Interstellar Kitten

*How did Gaia make you feel when you were a newbie vs now?

Well, when I was a newb, I was obsessed with talking to people in the forums. Now, there's just... I don't know. Nobody seems interesting enough to even chat with. I can't ever find a good conversationalist.

*How have your views changed?

Pffft. I guess I just got boring. =c

*Is there anything left here that gives you that special feeling inside?

No... and yet I still come on every once in a while. Maybe something will come back.
When I saw all the nice older items. I always had hope on getting them.

That hope long since died.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces