Welcome to Gaia! ::

And all of it's problems.

I don't know how big of a wall of text this will make, but I figured I'd warn you before hand.

And for all of you who are just going to call me a snobby, spoiled, unhappy person, and that my love-life is fine, just needs time, please, take it somewhere else. >.>

Anyway, yes. My love-life. I've been on dates [which is a step up from most rants] and I have enough courage to ask out the chick I like [which is also a step up from most threads], but none of them like me. If I DO get a date, I end up screwing it up. If I'm unsure? Still screwed up.

There are three girls that I'd like to rant about. Yes, three.

Girl A liked me, and I dated her, mostly cause she liked me and cause she was attractive. She was very VERY manipulative, and a bunch of other crap, including me not being able to trust her, so I broke up with her. She's creepy-stalker-chick who's now dating one of my friends.

Girl B doesn't like me, other than as a friend. I took her to see a school showing, mostly cause she wanted to see it. Turns out the dude she has a crush on was playing drums, so I spent the entire thing dragging her around to talk to him [cause she was too chicken]. The next day, feeling good for having done a good thing, but crappy cause I probably shot myself in the foot, she and I have a conversation. Turns out I was a jerk for dragging her around like that all night. Lovely. Unsure date screw-up? Yes-sir-ee. I got the line "It's just ------" as a reasoning for why it wasn't a date afterwards when I was driving her home. [the censored part was my name btw]

[EDIT] She'd already talked to the guy before, so I didn't think it was that big of a deal. She was due to hang out with him the next day. *shrug*

Girl C, is the real nut-cracker [in both possible connotations]. I've had a crush on and off on her for 3 or 4 years, and the last time she found out, she ignored me for... at least a full semester. We got back together as friends this year. Now, last weekend we flirted extensivly, like, beyond normal people. Moreso than most couples flirt. She then steals my tartan [yes, I wear tartan from time to time >.>] and then afterwards informs me that I "owe her something". So, I offered alot of money/monetary value things, but she complained that it was just money, and that it needed more. So, we settled that I'd take her to the movies, paying for ticket, and giving her a ride there.

So, that's good, right? At least an unsure date? Meh. She thought about it as a date, and then 2 or 3 days later decided that it was just an outing with friends. I got depressed, sent her a long e-mail titled "FEEELINGS" and went over everything. Explained everything to her, and she decided that she was "more mature" than ignoring me, and that the movie-thing was still on if I was cool with it. With a slight warning that it'd be awkward.

Now, that was about a week ago. Now, conversation between us [if it happens] is basically limited to a word or two. I'm beginning to dread the movie night, and/or the couple days before it, because she's either going to ditch me, or it's going to be really quiet, and I'm going to end up depressed.

Finally, I actually get onto the rant [your all screwed] and it's basically asking the universe why I'm not good enough for anybody. I get a bunch of chicks that I ask out going "Errr.... what? I thought we were just friends?" or "I don't like you that way, sorry."

Then I get a bunch of people who say "You really deserve a gf, and your going to get a really nice one one day. But I don't want to be it."

Which is ALMOST as great as a similar number of people offering the excuse [word for word] "It's just ------" [censored bit is my name] as a reasoning for flirting with me/going out with me/doing stuff with me that would normally be cause for a relationship.

Do I exude the "do not date" pheremone or something? Is there a really strong sense of ugly around me? I don't know. I'm basically just pissed, and today was really bad, because everyone was talking about how their love lives where going great. And I felt really lonely yesterday and today.

Discuss
-Why is it so difficult for some confident guys to get a date?
-"It's just [your name here]" as a reasoning for why you can flirt with them without consequence.
-How you need to help others help you. Does that make sense?

Nooo. It doesn't.
CALLED IT. I KNEW someone would say that. lol I absolutly love LI. Remind me again why I give people advice here?
Don't bother too much about your love life.

It will eventually all come into place.

Stressing too much about it, worrying and being mad/upset doesn't really help.

Try not to let things you can't change bother you.
makuta999
Remind me again why I give people advice here?

You're a tool.
Alfx

Why? I want to feel less lonely.

Alfx

EVERYONE says that. I've seen relatives who've spent basically their entire life alone, and are probably going to die alone. I don't want to be like that.

Alfx

Yeah, fair enough. A peice of advice that I have diffculty putting into practice.

Alfx

Sorry, I'm a really not-fatalist kinda person. If I can't change it, it bothers me. I can change basically everything in my life, so, I try to change this.

And I can change things. I can be more attractive/less weird, right?
teog
makuta999

You're a tool.

Your right. I'm being used by the Master Hand. Can you see the strings behind me?

Why are you still here anyway? lol Most people prefer the hit and run tactic.

Dapper Raider

Well... If I got an e-mail from a guy entitled "FEELINGS" paired with a wall of text about how he felt, I'd be a little put off. That's a little too much for an 'unsure' date. And when it comes to dating, try not to label it.

If it's unsure, just leave it open to be one way or another. Don't demand an explanation, or sit there worrying about whether or not she'll think it's a date or just an outing. Just go out and have fun. After you go out to a handful of unsure outings, and you both seem to really enjoy it, ask if she wants it to be a date, or simply inform her that you really like her and want to get to know her better. That's what a date is, anyway - a way to spend time with a person and get to know them to see if you want to be in a serious relationship with them. It doesn't have to be called that for that to be what it is. Not calling it a date will take a lot of the pressure off.

And with the girl that was too shy to talk to the guy... You dragging her around was a bad idea. You might have thought you were doing her a favor, but if she wasn't ready to talk to him and you forced her to she probably felt pressured and scared.

makuta999
teog
makuta999

You're a tool.

Your right. I'm being used by the Master Hand. Can you see the strings behind me?

Anyone wondering why your life is so fruitless need only read your posts for glimpses of your lacklustre personality.
makuta999
Alfx

Why? I want to feel less lonely.

Alfx

EVERYONE says that. I've seen relatives who've spent basically their entire life alone, and are probably going to die alone. I don't want to be like that.

Alfx

Yeah, fair enough. A peice of advice that I have diffculty putting into practice.

Alfx

Sorry, I'm a really not-fatalist kinda person. If I can't change it, it bothers me. I can change basically everything in my life, so, I try to change this.

And I can change things. I can be more attractive/less weird, right?

Don't you have friends? Usually friends helps alot in making you less lonely.
Alfx

...yes. I do have friends. Is that really such a suprise? *shrug*

I mean lonely in the "why can't I get a date" kinda sense.

Oh Bloody Hell

Well... If I got an e-mail from a guy entitled "FEELINGS" paired with a wall of text about how he felt, I'd be a little put off. That's a little too much for an 'unsure' date. And when it comes to dating, try not to label it.

That was AFTER we discussed if it was a date or not. And before that one of my confidants had blabbed to her, so she already knew it was coming. Otherwise I would've just let it sit. *shrug*

Yes, if I didn't make it clear, it's DEFINITLY not a date.

Oh Bloody Hell

And with the girl that was too shy to talk to the guy... You dragging her around was a bad idea. You might have thought you were doing her a favor, but if she wasn't ready to talk to him and you forced her to she probably felt pressured and scared.

Pressured to what? He was an old friend, I wanted to talk to him too. He and I went to school a couple years ago.

And she was hanging out with him the next day. *shrug* I figured that she was past the nervous/scared talking to him stage.
teog
makuta999
teog
makuta999

You're a tool.

Anyone wondering why your life is so fruitless need only read your posts for glimpses of your lacklustre personality.

...how does that even RELATE to what I said? lol

If it's not on the previous posts topic, might as well not quote it. New post, new idea. lol

Ah yes. My truely lacklustre personality. I'm suprised you got her so fast. I figured I had a couple posts of actual advice before someone like you would pop in. lol

Dapper Raider

makuta999
Alfx

...yes. I do have friends. Is that really such a suprise? *shrug*

I mean lonely in the "why can't I get a date" kinda sense.

Oh Bloody Hell

That was AFTER we discussed if it was a date or not. And before that one of my confidants had blabbed to her, so she already knew it was coming. Otherwise I would've just let it sit. *shrug*

Oh Bloody Hell

Pressured to what? He was an old friend, I wanted to talk to him too. He and I went to school a couple years ago.

And she was hanging out with him the next day. *shrug* I figured that she was past the nervous/scared talking to him stage.

You skipped all my advice to talk about everything else.

All right.

Quote:

Your confidant isn't much of a confidante if they go blabbling. Don't tell them anything about dating anymore. It's your business to take care of - not theirs. And they opened it up for you to make it all awkward.

And so what if it wasn't a 'date?' A lot of time if you hang out a lot as friends it can develop into something more than that.

Quote:
That was AFTER we discussed if it was a date or not.

That's a lot for an unsure date; that's a lot for a first date; that's a lot for the fifth date. It's a lot to swallow. It makes you sound needy and/or dramatic. I didn't read the e-mail, so I'm not sure what it contained, but I received that e-mail I wouldn't be thinking, "Oh, how sweet..."

Quote:

And she was hanging out with him the next day. *shrug* I figured that she was past the nervous/scared talking to him stage

You never said how she knew him or if she talked to him before, you said she liked him. And if he was a friend of yours... Why the hell were you dragging a girl around to chat with your buddies anyway - even if she did like him? If I was with a guy friend and I told him I liked somebody and he drug me up to talk to him, I'm be a little annoyed too. I mean, then that guy has seen me with... another guy. Doesn't look good.
Oh Bloody Hell

You skipped all my advice to talk about everything else.

All right.

Sorry. I kinda wrapped that all into the "already asked her or not" thing. Didn't mean like I was skipping it. I DID read it.

Oh Bloody Hell

Your confidant isn't much of a confidante if they go blabbling. Don't tell them anything about dating anymore. It's your business to take care of - not theirs. And they opened it up for you to make it all awkward.

And so what if it wasn't a 'date?' A lot of time if you hang out a lot as friends it can develop into something more than that.

Yes, I realize that in retrospect. But she'd kept everything quite hush hush until then, so I didn't really get it.

And a fair point. Alot of people say that. *shrug* I'm just not in a good mood, I'm probably concentrating on all the bad stuff.

Oh Bloody Hell

That's a lot for an unsure date; that's a lot for a first date; that's a lot for the fifth date. It's a lot to swallow. It makes you sound needy and/or dramatic. I didn't read the e-mail, so I'm not sure what it contained, but I received that e-mail I wouldn't be thinking, "Oh, how sweet..."

Really? o.o

Well... there's mistake number one. lol

I was told it was sweet. o.o

Oh Bloody Hell

You never said how she knew him or if she talked to him before, you said she liked him. And if he was a friend of yours... Why the hell were you dragging a girl around to chat with your buddies anyway - even if she did like him? If I was with a guy friend and I told him I liked somebody and he drug me up to talk to him, I'm be a little annoyed too. I mean, then that guy has seen me with... another guy. Doesn't look good.

Yeah... *shrug* I dunno. She asked me to it, so I kinda knew that was going to be rough. I'm guessing none of her other friends could go with her. *shrug*

Yeah... I probably should throw in that she'd talked to him before. lol

Sorry if I bothered you? I dunno. Sounds like your not neutral with me for some reason. o.o

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff