Welcome to Gaia! ::

Personally, I like comics done totally in pencil, but the way MegaTokyo's done is just...ugh.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
enchantedsleeper
Seijaku_Ishida
Hm. For a future chapter of my Overlord comic, I'm thinking of having a character narrate in boxes(or a simple unfurled scroll at the bottom?). He's a bard that attaches himself to Razin in hopes of creating an epic story. His view is, of course skewed and he'd make everything Razin does sound maliciously evil even when he does normal things like eat breakfast, so there would of course be contradicting visuals to the text.

Would that be too intrusive, you think?

XD I think it sounds hilarious. I mean, the point of the narration is to be intrusive, isn't it? It's not supposed to seamlessly compliment the pictures, because then the idea would be lost. And if all your character is doing is eating breakfast, for instance, there isn't really much action to intrude on. If you were trying to pull off some epic action sequence with the pictures at the same time as your bard was narrating something different, then you might have conflict. Is that what you meant?
This is true. If it were an action scene, it'd obviously be redundant and not-as-ironic but my plan is to go through a more normal-day(as normal as Razin's can be, I suppose) while the bard makes it more nefarious than it is. XD I'll see about sketching out a few test pages.
Seijaku_Ishida
Hm. For a future chapter of my Overlord comic, I'm thinking of having a character narrate in boxes(or a simple unfurled scroll at the bottom?). He's a bard that attaches himself to Razin in hopes of creating an epic story. His view is, of course skewed and he'd make everything Razin does sound maliciously evil even when he does normal things like eat breakfast, so there would of course be contradicting visuals to the text.

Would that be too intrusive, you think?

I like it smile Looking forward to seeing this if/when you add it.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
I think I will do it. XD It'll be an interesting new thing to try.

Though now I have to finish my commissions and prepare for Ohayocon. sweatdrop
Mr McGrumpypants
Saraneth 6th Bell
Damnit. My alarm was set to 9, but after I turned it off, I closed my eyes for a second and now it's 11am and I've only just had breakfast. =_=

The one thing about Megatokyo is how it's kind of cool that he's done it all in pencil. It keeps somethings that inking often seems to take away.
Actually, he's been inking his pages for years at this point.

Really?

I guess that shows how long ago I lost interest...

Sei: I like the idea of nefarious narration, I think it could be a lot of fun!

And I need to stop distracting myself and finish my page for this weekend so I can work more on getting ready for Ohayocon myself. I have so much stuff to finish...

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
I still have my boxes to finish, and then laminating some badges. Never mind the things I still have to get printed.

I'll be working on comic pages at lunch today. I'll try to get this week's update and next week's too, because no idea how exhausted I'll be.
Mr McGrumpypants
Saraneth 6th Bell
Damnit. My alarm was set to 9, but after I turned it off, I closed my eyes for a second and now it's 11am and I've only just had breakfast. =_=

The one thing about Megatokyo is how it's kind of cool that he's done it all in pencil. It keeps somethings that inking often seems to take away.
Actually, he's been inking his pages for years at this point.

Has he ever actually said he inks? Because to me that just looks like pencils with the levels and contrast played with in photoshop. Looks the same style as it did years ago when I did read it.

Eloquent Explorer

This is some serious ******** s**t.

(Linking to a depressing BBC news article à la Neth. XD In fact I saw it in the sidebar after reading one of your links).
I've got 300 charms to glaze, ring, sort, and pack up, along with getting a couple of new commission samples done and finding some other samples, finishing work on some doll clothes (and getting some others together), and working out exactly how I'm packing things. I'd kill for a new lightbox right now, it'd free up so much bag space.

enchantedsleeper

(Linking to a depressing BBC news article à la Neth. XD In fact I saw it in the sidebar after reading one of your links).

Wow. sad That's really messed up, I feel bad for that kid. At least he's free of the physical part now, but he's probably going to need quite a bit of therapy in the future...

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Vicemage
I've got 300 charms to glaze, ring, sort, and pack up, along with getting a couple of new commission samples done and finding some other samples, finishing work on some doll clothes (and getting some others together), and working out exactly how I'm packing things. I'd kill for a new lightbox right now, it'd free up so much bag space.
Oh wow, those are really nice looking!

I'm gonna go work on some of this stuff now. Later.
Vicemage
enchantedsleeper

Wow. sad That's really messed up, I feel bad for that kid. At least he's free of the physical part now, but he's probably going to need quite a bit of therapy in the future...

Something very similar happened in Austin last year.
enchantedsleeper

If I was the husband, I'd beat the ever-loving daylights out of her.
FurryMink

If I was the husband, I'd beat the ever-loving daylights out of her.

What the ******** is wrong with you.
Alright, admittedly that was extreme.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Got badges done, basecoats on boxes, and a few magnets done. XD; Now I gotta get ready for work, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff