Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kupocake
I remember some Japanese dude got famous for eating some woman and writing a book about it.
Crazy Japanese dude. Oh, here we go. Issei Sagawa.

[******** Japan. I mean CHRIST. What the hell?

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
I feel not-very-special. I've had eel and squid as the strangest things I've eaten.

Yeah, I already knew about Issei Sagawa. I remember another murderer that became an internet meme on 2-chan after stabbing a classmate to death with a boxcutter.
Yes, well... The only 4channers I've ever met thought walking into a Gaia Online panel at an anime convention and asking if the Jews did 9/11, then going "desu desu desu" after being forced to leave was the pinnacle of hilarity. I don't think much of 4channers or their Japanese counterparts.

Off-topic: I asked my friends if they're going to vote for a new senator tomorrow and the responses make me facepalm. One is going to vote for Coakley simply because that's who Obama wants and the other can't be bothered to take 15 minutes out of his day to vote at all.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Yeah, I'm not surprised it happened.

Wow...just...wow. I don't tend to vote because I don't like making uninformed decisions.
Sei -- you browse 2chan? Are you fluent in Japanese?

Or did you hear about that meme some other way?

Sorry if it's a personal question.

Shadowy Phantom

I've never heard of Sagawa before D: Read the Wikipe page... that's awesome. Nevada-tan is nowhere near as interesting.
The only reason I've never tried human meat is that it's impossible to get without really going out of one's way. Aside from that, I really wouldn't mind trying it as long as it's clean.

Seijaku: Same. If I can't make an informed decision, I do not make one at all. ...and since pretty much all of the information out there is heavily tainted...

Zee: If you mean Nevada-tan as a meme, one does not have to be a 2ch user to be familiar with it. It was a very popular meme on 4ch some time back.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Nah, I'm not fluent in Japanese. I know some, though. They just started classes at the college near here, so maybe I'll start taking it again.

I actually found out about Nevada-tan by searching for the original creators of fanart for her. A DA user posted every Nevada-tan picture in existence so the stylistic variances set off alarm bells.

Shadowy Phantom

Haha that must've been a pleasant surprise.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
I think I literally made an D: face. Especially since the girl was...what? 12? And some of those pictures were rather suggestive.

7,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
11, actually...
That`s not much better, is it?
She`ll be about 21 when shes released (3 more years)
Tadaaa!
Seijaku_Ishida
I feel not-very-special. I've had eel and squid as the strangest things I've eaten.

At least eel and squid are delicious. I eat both whenever I have a chance to get them (and knwo they'll be good, I've had some pretty bad eel in the past).

Regarding Voting, I do as much homework as I can before election day, and I will abstain on any box where I don't know anything about the election (so, judges and that? No clue and I never fill in the little oval). It drives me nuts, though, how many people will just go in and mark down whatever someone told them to mark down, on both sides... most of my previous roommates have been like that, in fact. Ugh. Uninformed voters, you are not helping things.
I've never had eel, though I heard it was good. On the other hand, I absolutely love calamari.

7,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
This is very coincidental timing.
We just had our civics exam today with the essay question about this specific topic.
I`m not of legal voting age yet, but I did participate in the student vote (which presented a much high voting percentage than the adult voting percentage). It`s also been questioned if the voting age should be lowered to 16, since at that age they`re informed through their school course about decision-making, which is forgotten or disregarded for some at an older age. Overall though, if you`re blindly voting, there`s no point in doing it because you don`t care enough to be informed so why do you care enough to vote.

e: I love calamari, but its much better when its breaded. I`m fine with it either way though. I`m not sure if i`ve had eel aside from when its with sushi..

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
The squid I had was on sushi. It was literally half a little squid laid over the rice.

Eel was pretty good. I'd like to try it again. :3
Dammit, now I'm craving sushi. Thanks a lot you guys. D:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas