Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Oh wow. As a user of prismacolor markers, I really want to try this.
I'm not afraid to admit that transgender stuff weirds me out because I've never had that issue, but it's pretty ******** up that your friends aren't being very supportive.

And hurray for social groups that are having trouble securing better social and legal treatment when they're turning around and giving the same treatment to other people with different sexual issues. What a bunch of... Well, I'm too tired to think of a word at the moment, but you know I could think of crude words if I needed to.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
I can understand being weirded out. I can't understand being hostile, though.
Seijaku_Ishida
I likely won't have the money anytime soon, and the technology is nowhere near as good as I'd like it to be for FTMs, although I'm keeping my eye on it. They were trying some interesting things on rats a couple of years ago.

The funny thing is, while I certainly don't even try to pass, I still get taken for a guy maybe once a week at my work. I think it's mostly due to my body language. I would think she'd know better, since her favorite author she seemingly knows everything about is the same as me in regards to gender identity and passing(although she wears suits rather than dresses, but then I don't wear dresses either and think suits are snazzy).

On the plus side, hormone therapy for FTMs tends to work a whole lot better than for MTFs and starting it early isn't as crucial.

I have a whole bunch of stuff to say on the matter of gender issues (queer issues in general), but I'll restrain myself from it for now.

Quote:

I can't understand caring, though, to the point where you start telling the person in question about how they're wrong or how they'll never be a "real" man or woman.

Incidentally, the dolphin episode of South Park contributed to me never watching the show again.
South Park has always been terrible, in my opinion.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
....I'm glad I don't have good cable in our house. I watched so much crap(like South Park) just because nothing else was on. Now I just watch DVDs of stuff i like.
I heard a recent episode declared it was all right to use the word "f*****t", since it doesn't mean "gay dude" but "annoying gay dude".

Guess who I want to strangle now. Guess!

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Zee Coldwater
I heard a recent episode declared it was all right to use the word "f*****t", since it doesn't mean "gay dude" but "annoying gay dude".

Guess who I want to strangle now. Guess!

They switched it to "annoying Harley riders" in the episode.

I think they were trying to make a point about English being malleable, but it kind of fell flat.
Seijaku_Ishida
It's a shame that in this day and age that people still have to face that. I really only try to look at people in general as a being with a heartbeat, not male or female, gay or straight, black or white. I grew up around SF though, so the intolerance to this stuff has always kind of shocked me.
Quote:
Oh wow. As a user of prismacolor markers, I really want to try this.

that is awesome (as I just trew out 2 markers that I will be pulling from the trash) and thanks for clarifing.

No problem with people being different then me, I only dont like people that disrespects others and think they are better. (like everyone with a few exceptions was a B! at this one store I worked at. I mean really, you're barely getting paid about minimum wage. You're not that great)
I just dislike people on a case-by-case basis. I try to assume everyone's a decent person on some level until they prove otherwise. Which is of course easier said than done, but it's something I can still aspire to.

So far I haven't met any TG people that I have any call to dislike, though I haven't met many period. I've met a few gay and bi people who piss me off, but I've also met some who are amazing people. And I've met straight people who both piss me off and are amazing people. So based on that pattern, I really can't make any sweeping judgments on any group, since they've all had their assholes.

(Small edit for clarification: I'm not saying I'm able to approach everyone without any judgment, I'm just as human as anyone else on that, but I still try very hard to let them all start with as close to a blank slate as I can, and if I did have a bad preconception for any reason I hope to be, and often am, pleasantly surprised.)

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I flipping bothered. I hadn't seen my 9 and 7 year old cousins in a while, but they seem to have taken up using gay as an insult.

And they fight like it's a death match. They kick and bite and go for the balls... Isn't there some unwritten rule among men that you don't go below the belt?

Then again, they're also the ones who managed to find out that it is possible to get detention in kindergarten...
There IS an unwritten rule that goes something like that, but I'd ignore it if someone took a swing at me. I wouldn't bite, however, as that's a great way to get infected with all kinds of stuff.

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
How many peoples here make some online web comic? =D
I want read something new. 4laugh
Seijaku_Ishida
Psycho Bunny Studio
Zee Coldwater
Transphobia is still somehow acceptable, which is infuriating.

And of course, the prevalence of transphobia among LGB people is ridiculous. How can people be so short-sighted?

FWIW, I met my current partner online, though not through a dating site. It seems to be working out pretty well.

Guess I can plug her blog for this
http://genderbitch.wordpress.com/
Yay, something to read.

I'm TG but keep it quiet for the most part, since one of my friends dismissed me when I mentioned I'd like to transition essentially saying I wasn't really TG just because I don't pass.

Your friends are idiots.

Recursive Paradox is on Gaia so she'll be more then happy to talk to you, I'd reccomend the "Transgendered" thread in the ED if you're looking for support but that thread is so full of crazy and drama you might throw yourself back in the TG closet just to avoid being associated with that much loony.

But RP is cool.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces