Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Miser Bellatrix
@Kaxen:
Lmao, I like the bat idea. =O I'd definitely contribute to that.

Yeah, let's do the bat idea.

A good excuse to draw action. I don't draw enough action.

Though should it be a consistent character? Or like theme of the week/month "Bats for fishing" etc?

Or like, the previous person suggests the problem to the next contributor?

Person A: solves world peace with bat new problem is aliens
Person B: solves Aliens, goes fishing
Person C: fishes with bat, makes up new scenario

...fishing with a bat has been on my mind because my dad wants to go fishing in Alaska and he promises 200-lbs. fish which are so big that you must beat them to stun them...
enchantedsleeper
@Miser Bellatrix: I agree a lot with your take on religion: I'm all for homosexuality, and although I do believe in the existence of Heaven... it'd be really nice to know for sure. It seems that there are as many different perceptions of Heaven as there are Christians to perceive it x3 which isn't all that comforting. Unless Heaven somehow manifests itself exactly as each individual imagines it, most if not all of us have got to be wrong.

Exactly.

Plus. what concerns me most is all the inconsistencies in the bible. In my opinion they've completely humanized God by giving him typical human traits (anger, breaking promises, etc.). It's no surprise some people are put off by it because of that. xD Not to mention there's been plenty of tampering with the words, symbols have been thrown out of context and meanings are lost through translation.

Although I guess the basic idea is still there.
Kaxen

Yeah, let's do the bat idea.

A good excuse to draw action. I don't draw enough action.

Though should it be a consistent character? Or like theme of the week/month "Bats for fishing" etc?

Or like, the previous person suggests the problem to the next contributor?

Person A: solves world peace with bat new problem is aliens
Person B: solves Aliens, goes fishing
Person C: fishes with bat, makes up new scenario

...fishing with a bat has been on my mind because my dad wants to go fishing in Alaska and he promises 200-lbs. fish which are so big that you must beat them to stun them...

It depends, are people around here up for a slight challenge? If so I would vote for the previous person making suggestions to the next one to draw a page.

I'd like to see a consistent character, but combine it with themes. That is, it doesn't really follow an actual storyline. It's just...dare I say it, random events. That way there's at least one bit of consistency.
Miser Bellatrix
Lol wow, you guys are uptight. I like how you disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

@Iron & Jade:
Way to try and divert my attention. I'm not sure why you continue to insist you're not a troll. You know being 'critical' to people who don't have it coming to them initiates fights, so you're setting out to start a fight. That, based on your definition of trolling, makes you a troll.

But hey, keep thinking you're right. If it makes you happy.

Wha, I was just saying that I've read some of IronSpike's posts and I feel like she hasn't been that bad. People come here asking for critique, don't they? I'm not a troll, I don't even post that much.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Miser Bellatrix

It depends, are people around here up for a slight challenge? If so I would vote for the previous person making suggestions to the next one to draw a page.

I'd like to see a consistent character, but combine it with themes. That is, it doesn't really follow an actual storyline. It's just...dare I say it, random events. That way there's at least one bit of consistency.

Challenges are fun.

Yeah that's true. A consistent character would work better since it is just random events.

>_o I guess my fear is making it look like I'm just trying to talk people into drawing my character Papa Taggart. Well... he's not much of a character in the depth department anyhow... He's just a 40-something war vet turned cab driver with no regard for safety.
@Jade: ol, oops. Sorry that wasn't directed at you. I forgot to delete your name. My initial response was directed at both of you.

Anyway what you said just seemed like you didn't read my post at all, or maybe you did, but failed to think a bit further. Which is fine, but I can't be bothered to further explain in hopes that it'll be understood.

Edit: I have to say it: A lot of people who come here don't ask for critiques. xD They just assume people will like their stuff and won't have anything bad to say about it. This is why you ask if they want critiques first, so that when they say yes, and they end up not liking what you have to say and are rude to you because of it, it's okay to piss on 'em a lil.

@Kaxen: They don't have to know it's your character : D? Well, I think it's good to give people more to work with than just an idea. A character makes the idea more solid and hopefully it'll inspire them more than starting from scratch would.
Miser Bellatrix

Anyway what you said just seemed like you didn't read my post at all, or maybe you did, but failed to think a bit further. Which is fine, but I can't be bothered to further explain in hopes that it'll be understood.

"I failed to to express myself clearly. But I must be perfect, the problem lies with you. Maybe you should understand my incoherent and childish thoughts. Just think a bit further."
Let's be frank.

We are not destroyers of budding artists. We are helpers of them. The point is, Miser Bellatrix, that mean - for lack of a better word - is good. Mean is right. Mean works. Mean clarifies, cuts through and captures the essence of the artistic criticism. Meanness, in all of its forms - mean about style, writing, ideas, techniques - has marked the upward surge of talent. And Mean - you mark my words - will not only save some idiotic artists but that other mediocre forum called the CC.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Miser Bellatrix
@Kaxen: They don't have to know it's your character : D? Well, I think it's good to give people more to work with than just an idea. A character makes the idea more solid and hopefully it'll inspire them more than starting from scratch would.

That is true.

I think I'll set a thread up after work.

And maybe chuck out a character sheet.

Aged Hunter

@ HELLA ANIME DOGG

I think you might want to get some one else to reread your petition because from here it sounds like IronSpike pushed you on the play ground and you want to call the cops.

Not only that but by doing a little search on the anti-Cyberbullying laws it really imply that its up to schools to enforce these laws and not internet communities, and not only that but she doen't live in a state where the law is enforced?

If you really don't like someone enough to try to press charges and remove them then I really think your are going to need a better excuse then "they were mean to me!". And remember that this is the internet one of the few places where you can be a bigger man and just walk away, or block them.

"Western art has no place in Manga" are you serious? How does that even relate to your petition's goal?
powermode
@ HELLA ANIME DOGG

I think you might want to get some one else to reread your petition because from here it sounds like IronSpike pushed you on the play ground and you want to call the cops.

Not only that but by doing a little search on the anti-Cyberbullying laws it really imply that its up to schools to enforce these laws and not internet communities, and not only that but she doen't live in a state where the law is enforced?

If you really don't like someone enough to try to press charges and remove them then I really think your are going to need a better excuse then "they were mean to me!". And remember that this is the internet one of the few places where you can be a bigger man and just walk away, or block them.

"Western art has no place in Manga" are you serious? How does that even relate to your petition's goal?

powermode:

As Mahatma Ghandi said, "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." If I were to ignore IronSpike, it would only be a passive admission that what she is doing is okay - and it is clearly not.

As for your other point, I believe that western art having no place in manga is self-evident, and will say no more about the issue. Please, do some research.

It is clear to me that, by defending ironspike's behavior, you are in favour of trolling and disrespect and meanness being the gold standard of internet behaviour. It's a sad, sad day when that is what has come to pass on the internet.

edit: we are on a new page, so here is the petition again. http://www.petitiononline.com/gaiacomc/petition.html
@Iblis:
Grow some balls and show up with your main account.

Anyway, I said I've been a regular long before you newbies showed up, I said I've done the bitchy regular/trolling bit, and I've said it's fruitless. What is there not to understand?
HELLA ANIME DOGG

As Mahatma Ghandi said, "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."

Do you have even the slightest hint of a clue what this quote actually means and how you "win" in the end? I am impressed you were able to type it out like that without a lick of skin on the whole of your body. Perhaps you should get some, and invest in a good thick quality???
Miser Bellatrix
@Iblis:
Grow some balls and show up with your main account.

Language, Miser, language! We wouldn't want the little babies to hear such a harsh and terrible word as "balls".

Although it's rather quaint that you assume I must be a man. Misogynist, much?
Hah hah.

You still need to grow a pair.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas