Welcome to Gaia! ::

I admire anyone that has the patience to do colored pencil. Out of all the tools I've tried color pencils were the worst. I hated them.
Colour pencils are awesome for things like still lifes. Not so keen on them for illustration so much, although watercolour pencils over marker is nice.

Eloquent Explorer

Coloured pencils are actually my preferred medium for colouring, though not so much because I'm good at them but rather because I suck at everything else xD I can't CG (unless you count flat colouring in MS Paint) so I've been experimenting with traditional media, and it's a lot of fun. I've read some pencil colouring tutorials on dA and I'm getting better at shadows, though my attempts at hair highlights still look like white squiggles. I've never actually seen anyone IRL who has such shiny hair that the light reflects off it in white stripes, anyway xD I've done a bit of colouring with oil pastels which wasn't bad... chalk pastels are fun but rather uncontrollable (they smudge if you so much as look at them)... my marker colouring leaves a lot to be desired, and I only have the most basic colours anyway... and I keep meaning to try out my watercolours and acrylics, but haven't got round to it as of yet.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
X3 I like colored pencils, markers, and watercolors for my traditional media. Four people asked me to do a colored pencil tutorial, so I figure I will.
enchantedsleeper
Coloured pencils are actually my preferred medium for colouring, though not so much because I'm good at them but rather because I suck at everything else xD I can't CG (unless you count flat colouring in MS Paint) so I've been experimenting with traditional media, and it's a lot of fun. I've read some pencil colouring tutorials on dA and I'm getting better at shadows, though my attempts at hair highlights still look like white squiggles. I've never actually seen anyone IRL who has such shiny hair that the light reflects off it in white stripes, anyway xD I've done a bit of colouring with oil pastels which wasn't bad... chalk pastels are fun but rather uncontrollable (they smudge if you so much as look at them)... my marker colouring leaves a lot to be desired, and I only have the most basic colours anyway... and I keep meaning to try out my watercolours and acrylics, but haven't got round to it as of yet.

Well I was blessed with the life style of being super poor. So everything I learned to work with needed to be cheap or free. At first my CG's were terrible, but I am slowly getting better. Now I prefer CG to traditional, because if I mess up all I have to do is CtrlZ. In traditional if you mess up you @#$!ed. I could make traditional pieces, but I just don't have the patience anymore. My 2nd most hated tool is marker (THEY ALWAYS BLEED). 3rd is watercolor, it takes to long for the paint to dry! stressed

If your making an anime-styled piece then shiny hair is just part of the style. As for more realistic pieces... yes I've seen people with shiny hair. Not very often tho. However everyone has highlights that shine in the light.

Eloquent Explorer

Yeah, I know; you don't see people's veins popping or big drops of sweat running down the back or side of their head either. xD
enchantedsleeper
Yeah, I know; you don't see people's veins popping or big drops of sweat running down the back or side of their head either. xD
I have. Boy was dad pissed. I should have known better than to try and out run a former marathon runner. Of course I should have known better than to use gun powder to get that stump out of the ground.

Not one of my finer days.
Happy 4th of July people!
WillieHewes
I Love twitter! I think it's the best thing ever. smile You just need to follow the right people.

Like me. xd

Good luck selling at the conzz Kaxen. Maybe you can sell that strip at the top as a kind of 20% extra free thing? biggrin

you could offer to sign it all fancy like with markers so it doesn't muck up the print but the person gets it all personalized when they buy it?
Hey Willie I saw on your twitter you said

"Amazon's Booksurge claims an ISBN has "a value of $225". I pay ~£100 for 10. Can someone help me understand this?"

I think that's weird too since I have a sheet of ISBM numbers and I think I... I got 4 for free and the other 10 for like 50$ or something.

neutral

Maybe it's an american thing.
Also (not that I'm reading your website..)

What font would you reccomend?

(Since I never got that whole "We hate comic sans" thing. I can't tell the difference, it seems like everyone uses comic sans to me. *srug*)
Seijaku_Ishida
X3 I like colored pencils, markers, and watercolors for my traditional media. Four people asked me to do a colored pencil tutorial, so I figure I will.

I'm a watercolor and oil paint kinda girl.

I'm in the process of making my own cookbook with watercolour food pictures. So far I have a recipie for french toast and carmel sauce.

I'm going to be really picky about what goes in this book, it has to be things that are easy, but not so easy I can't just remember the recipie off the top of my head (like scrambled eggs, who the hell puts that in a cookbook scream ) but things that I make on a regular basis (and can make while in Japan with restricted ingrediance acess)

I need to do that, practice my violin, study japanese and work on my comic.

Instead I'm playing WoW. I got my Rogue from 41 to 47 and my Shammi from 67 to 70 and I'm on Gaia way too much.

I did finally get the full sketch for the first page of Pandora done. It was hard because I couldn't find a good enough referance picture for the location and placement of the temple of Apallo in Delphi. I still wound up having to wing it quite a bit so hopefully I don't get some historian on my a** being all "That's not what it would have looked like"

gonk
Vvv, I should actually do something today. For a while I was being all good and sort-of productive, but that sort of...went away after a week. A week which was like...almost two weeks ago. Lulz. >_>

I need to design my website, but I don't know what I want to put on the home page. x_x

And yeah, ISBNs aren't worth that much. I think even Lulu sells them way cheaper than that. I haven't checked out Booksurge, but from what you guys have said about it, it seems like they're just taking advantage of being 'Amazon' so they can screw people.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Psycho Bunny Studio
you could offer to sign it all fancy like with markers so it doesn't muck up the print but the person gets it all personalized when they buy it?

Only two people asked me to sign my stuff. >_<' Nobody even bought my bigger prints. Oi, good thing I didn't print so many...

Now to unload all the surplus on unwitting family and try to sell them over the internet. V_V I'm still kind of vague on how I will sell over the internet...

Eloquent Explorer

Saraneth 6th Bell
Vvv, I should actually do something today. For a while I was being all good and sort-of productive, but that sort of...went away after a week. A week which was like...almost two weeks ago. Lulz. >_>

I need to design my website, but I don't know what I want to put on the home page. x_x

*hangs off your arm* What you need to do is help me finish sorting out this roleplay is what you need to do.

x3 Actually there's not all that much left to do. But still. Come on MSN anyway.

In other news, I don't think Gaia's got very good taste in picking an avatar to Spotlight. There are tons of better-designed avatars out there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff