Welcome to Gaia! ::

I just created a smackjeevs. I'll upload everything once I'm done with page 6. Please note that I am still a beginner. Like, first project that isn't some dbz shounen guy with a big sword project. X_x;
DISCLAIMER: The following is more stupid drama. Please do not read if you hate that sort of thing. (And yes, I would take it to PMs if I could.)

<>>>>>>><><<<<<<<>

Dear Bunchy Boxers (aka Stalkerish Anti-Fan Sending Me Anonymous Hate Mail),

Of course you think won. Any possible reaction of mine to your game would, in your mind, reinforce the conviction that you're the victor. It's people like you, who start from conclusions and frantically avoid anything that would require changing your mind, that are most unnerved by people like me, who don't let premises go unquestioned. Which would be why you're sniping at me anonymously--you couldn't risk confronting me publicly using your actual Gaia handle because other people might judge you the loser.

Well, whatever. If you're satisfied with a victory you have to declare yourself, have at it. It's just funny how, in private, your type becomes everything you claim to disdain.

Love,
Amentar

[Edit: Grammar oopsie.]

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Oh wow. D;

Is it just me, or are they a lot of antifan/whiteknights about lately?

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
It's summertime. Kids are out of school and have nothing better to do with their free time.

@Amentar: What prompted the hate? Was it just another person getting butthurt because their 'amazing' art/story sucked?

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
What an a**.

@_@ I don't really get the point of whiteknighting... Though I'm from the "block the s**t outta everyone" school of thought when I feel really annoyed by the internet. I guess it's kind of like how I wondered about becoming a teacher until I realized my preferred response to students who don't give a s**t is "If you don't want to learn, GTFO and stop wasting your parents' money" and my class would have a hilarious drop rate and then I'd get fired... though reminds me of a sign one high school teacher had "Tired of your parents and teachers telling you what to do? Go get a job while you still know EVERYTHING!"

>_> I dunno. Sometimes I think it would be amusing to tell people with poor work and giant egos to do a self-pub print run/whatever their aim is since I have a pretty "put your money where your mouth is" attitude. If you think you're that ******** awesome, you should have no problem dumping some work and money on something. Or if your whiteknighting friends think you're that awesome, make them help work and pay. ((I mildly want to choke a person every time someone says "make ______ a shirt/button/whatever!" and then doesn't buy it when I do make it a shirt/button/whatever.))

...but most of them never even get to drawing a page anyway and would rather d**k around doing internet arguments.

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Internet drama - bring out your best popcorn/nachos/other snacks of choice.

Whiteknights exist because they don't know how else to be a good friend.
Kupocake
What prompted the hate? Was it just another person getting butthurt because their 'amazing' art/story sucked?
I don't really know. Even without having stomped on some particular person's toes, I do get people raging at me from time to time just because my blunt and critical manner upsets them.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Kaxen
((I mildly want to choke a person every time someone says "make ______ a shirt/button/whatever!" and then doesn't buy it when I do make it a shirt/button/whatever.))
Haha. Makes me think of what someone said when it comes to merchandise: fans lie. Even if they don't mean to. So don't count on them when they say they'll buy something.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Yeah. Sounds about right. I pretty much don't make merch at request without upfront payment unless Zazzle offers it since making that is free and once in a while someone stumbles on my Zazzle store and buys it... and I've made like... $7 in 3 years... which is really sad now that I think about it... crying
Amentar
Rant snip
So... another prepubescent little s**t who can't understand that they're not the next Christ for game developers?
Heyyy got my comic up for yesterday yuuurrrrr

http://novacation.smackjeeves.com/

Anyway, also, on Jezebel I ran across an article on that adams guy's blog thinggy and actually I think he just misworded what he wanted to say.

It seems to be (reading highlights of it) that he's saying that society portrays these two stereotypes of men and women. Men being sexual beasts and predators who need to hump everything, and women who are these docile creatures that do not want sex. Then he comments that society puts those stereotypes on people and then outlaws the acceptability of the male half of the stereotype... Media and culture tells men they need to ******** all the time but then tells them they're not permitted to actually be ******** machines so it is, for men, a lose lose situation. Either don't follow societies gender rules and be outcast as something of less than a man, or follow societies gender rules and be outcast via civilized cultures law.

Granted the problem with all of this is that it's placing everyone into gender stereotypes and it seems he's painting with a broad brush in his commentary of it. If he's going for the angle that I think he was with the commentary (being that gender stereotypes harm men and screw them up just as much as they do women) then yeah I'd have to agree, if he's going any other angle with the article then I dunno what it is and I'd probably disagree.

This all sounded a lot better in my head. IGNORE ME.
At this point, who knows what's going on in his head.

Also, I don't really like Jezebel, because an article I read put me off it. Don't ask me what it was, I'd have linked it if I could find it again. I think I first found it through TvTropes, but I don't want to fall into that trap.

PBS one day we should make a comic together. It would be epic.

And now for something completely different: I started writing a story that was meant to be making fun of how common of a thing in a lot of horror...whatever medium, is having pissed off psychic chicks (it's lovingly titled Angry Psychic Girls). Unfortunately, I got to page seven and realized it's A LOT more serious than I actually intended. Any ideas how to fix that?
Mink_LaLa
At this point, who knows what's going on in his head.

Also, I don't really like Jezebel, because an article I read put me off it. Don't ask me what it was, I'd have linked it if I could find it again. I think I first found it through TvTropes, but I don't want to fall into that trap.

PBS one day we should make a comic together. It would be epic.

YEEESSSSSSSSSS
Quote:

And now for something completely different: I started writing a story that was meant to be making fun of how common of a thing in a lot of horror...whatever medium, is having pissed off psychic chicks (it's lovingly titled Angry Psychic Girls). Unfortunately, I got to page seven and realized it's A LOT more serious than I actually intended. Any ideas how to fix that?

Add a d**k joke?
surprised
Two artists with vastly different styles working on the same comic could ONLY end in good! ...Or at least have an interesting outcome. >x> That, and if I worked with someone, I'd actually have incentive to finish things. /loser

As for the story, maybe if I doodled the scenes...That'll have to wait, though. I'm on vacation and about 1500 miles from my house and any drawing supplies. I MADE SURE TO BRING MY LAPTOP, THOUGH!

I think maybe I should rewrite it. It's not that I don't like it, but I think the way I started off the story is what messed it up.

Though, hell, I've already written 1300 words. I don't really want to start over. D:
Mink_LaLa
Two artists with vastly different styles working on the same comic could ONLY end in good! ...Or at least have an interesting outcome. >x> That, and if I worked with someone, I'd actually have incentive to finish things. /loser

As for the story, maybe if I doodled the scenes...That'll have to wait, though. I'm on vacation and about 1500 miles from my house and any drawing supplies. I MADE SURE TO BRING MY LAPTOP, THOUGH!

I think maybe I should rewrite it. It's not that I don't like it, but I think the way I started off the story is what messed it up.

Though, hell, I've already written 1300 words. I don't really want to start over. D:

It would be interesting at least. something different for sure.
durr hurrrr It's too late for me I have no idea what I want to say here. zzzz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces