Welcome to Gaia! ::

Money

I want my voting money 0.43661971830986 43.7% [ 62 ]
Gimmie money now 0.16197183098592 16.2% [ 23 ]
i liek mudkipp 0.40140845070423 40.1% [ 57 ]
Total Votes:[ 142 ]
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 >

no, this is not over the actuall abortion issue, as it had become a hideous disgusting monster of a topic here on ED. this is over the actuall terms pro-life and pro-choice. I personally think everyone is pro-choice. doesnt everybody like to have the option to choose? and most people are pro-life. i think life is great! im glad im alive, and im glad my freinds and family are alive, hell i even think it is just swell that my enemies are alive. so why dont people just say pro-abortion or anti-abortion? what are your thoughts?
Pro-death.
That's always gotten me. I once saw a "pro-lifer" saying abortion is wrong...and then going on to say that he hopes everybody who agrees with abortion dies.
pro life abortion is wrong talk2hand
ryndon2323

A rape victim getting an abortion is wrong?
A woman who will die unless she gets the abortion is wrong?
A woman whose baby has a terrible defect that will kill it as soon as it is born - and aborts it - is wrong?
A woman who is under extreme economic/social pressure and gets an abortion is wrong?
I love the fact that you decided to examine the terms litterally, not by the 'viewpoint' they represent. In that case I'm pro-life and pro-choice. And I choose to live. But I do think on the abortion matter that women should be able to choose for themselves. Especially if they were raped or something and ended up pregnant.
The terms are all propaganda.

Pro-life implies the image of a holy army of goodness and light, fighting against evil murderous bastards. Anyone who isn't pro-life must be pro-death, right? It's just a way of disguising that they're a bunch of hypocritical, callous oppressors who want to strip women of their basic rights and make us stay in the kitchen all day making sammiches when we're not popping out heirs for our husbands.

Pro-choice implies that they believe in freedom. If you're not pro-choice, you're for the government telling you what to do and limiting your options in life. That's just putting a pretty face on a greusome medicinal practice.

In defense, though, I can't think of a single surgery or medical procedure that isn't absolutely horrible and disgusting to watch. And, no matter how bad abortion is, it isn't as painful, bloody, risky, and stomach-churning as birth.

Pro-abortion is actually a real term. It's for people that don't just want the choice to have an abortion, but actually support women getting them, and might even get one themselves. (Bastardized version--I'm sure there's a better definition out there.) I fall into this category, but to be pragmatic, I usually just say pro-choice, as it's a more commonly recognized position.

Dapper Genius

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Konata_Yui
ryndon2323

A woman whose baby has a terrible defect that will kill it as soon as it is born - and aborts it - is wrong?

In extreme cases most people can understand an abortion, in a situation where it's your life or the child's then it can be understood. I think the majority of pro-lifers are offended by miss teen who goes around, ******** around, and figures "I'll just abort." I know this happens, i've seen it, hell i've seen it more then i'd like to. If Abortion was a more limited surgical procedure allowed to people in these situations I could understand, but I don't like that anyone can just go "Oops, I had to much sex, time to destroy any and all consequence."
FourChan Anonymous
no, this is not over the actuall abortion issue, as it had become a hideous disgusting monster of a topic here on ED. this is over the actuall terms pro-life and pro-choice. I personally think everyone is pro-choice. doesnt everybody like to have the option to choose? and most people are pro-life. i think life is great! im glad im alive, and im glad my freinds and family are alive, hell i even think it is just swell that my enemies are alive. so why dont people just say pro-abortion or anti-abortion? what are your thoughts?

Pro-choice refers to a specific choice that pro-lifers would rather not be available. Pro-life refers to the life of humans at specific stages of development that they prefer take precedent over a person's BD.
Konata_Yui
ryndon2323

A woman who is under extreme economic/social pressure and gets an abortion is wrong?

i think the mother should have the choice but not every time im mean i could understand if she was raped and wanted to have an abortion but if it was a healty baby than she could also put he/she up for adoption. if the baby were sick and would die and the woman still wanted to give birth than she should not be able to decide and make her get an abortion. i think it all depends on if the baby is heathy or not which if it is healthy the woman should put he/she up for adoption.
So no Konata_Yui i dont think its wrong but i think the woman should look at other options if the baby is heathy and not get an abortion.

SIDNEH's Fav

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
I am pro-choice in that I support a woman's choice to keep the fetus & bring it to term, as well as the choice to abort. That's why the keyword is "choice".

Personally, I would like to have children one day, but pregnancy terrifies me, and if I were to find myself pregnant before that time, I'd abort without a second thought.

cat faced killa's Fangirl

Original Fatcat

10,775 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
Konata_Yui
That's always gotten me. I once saw a "pro-lifer" saying abortion is wrong...and then going on to say that he hopes everybody who agrees with abortion dies.
I really, really hope that other pro-lifers don't want any affiliation with these sort of people. gonk

SIDNEH's Fav

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
pidgezero_one
Konata_Yui
I really, really hope that other pro-lifers don't want any affiliation with these sort of people. gonk

The sad thing is, the majority of so-called "pro-lifers" I've seen have that exact mentality: "If you don't want to have a baby then you should die!"

I think it's more accurate to say they're "pro-fetus", because that's obviously the only life many of them care about.
my mom was pregnant with me and worked in an office building, where on the lower levels, was an abortion clinic. one day she went into work, six months preg, and a man started to theaten her about blowing up the building if she went inside because she is pregnant, and he thought that she was getting an abortion.

when okay, first, what a hypocrite.
second, is it even possible to get an abortion that late in pregnancy?
It's a right that is overused but in the case of ectopic pregnancies and rape (etc.), it's not all bad.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff