Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quote:
Many think the word repent means "to get your act together" or to "get religion" or "fly straight"; as if we could. Repentance requires taking in a whole new point of view; looking at it God's way. God simply asks us to turn. This is the way we accept His gift. When we do, certain outcomes are promised. If we don't, or we "turn back", alternate outcomes are promised.

Looking at it God's way?
In order to repent, you have to have completely and wholeheartedly turned around.
Wholeheartedly = With Every Aspect of Your Being.

Is that even possible?
I don't think so.

The 7 Original Deadly Sins were sins that were actually natural for every Human.
You can't turn from those because you're Human.

Humans are a fundamentally sociopathic species.
We are greedy
We are lustful.
We are incredibly Lazy.
We are naturally prideful
We have extreme amounts of Wrath.
We are very gluttonous
We are Envious.

7 Sins that were in the Bible.
7 Sins that no man can turn from because it is His nature.

Can one truly Repent?

I've heard people say that you cannot enter heaven with Hate.
Show me someone who doesn't hate ANYTHING.
I dare ya.

My conclusion : The only people in Heaven are..... Noone.
Brings me to this-- If I get saved, then go out, rob a bank, rape some dogs, steal some hamburger meat from Kroger... Am I still goin' to heaven?
inb4 baww & fail
A Dorito Libido
Brings me to this-- If I get saved, then go out, rob a bank, rape some dogs, steal some hamburger meat from Kroger... Am I still goin' to heaven?

Nope
Christ would get you a path to Heaven, not a free ticket to it.
You would still have to repent.
And since Repentance is impossible because as a Human you cannot see it God's way you're still going to hell.
there are some people who have never done this. they are usually called saints by others. sure, they probably had their bad days and they felt like argueing with people. but they didn't because they were strong in their beliefs. mind you, im not saying its only christians who would be like this.

think of the wonderful person you knew who would do anything for you. sure, they may have faults, but the most important thing is that they are over all good. look at the Dalai Lama for example. his life is a wonderful example of what we should all strive to be.

Forgiveness. One word which applies to ever situation. I don't beleive in one God, but if their was one, im sure He would forgive for those minor moments of wrath, or lust, or greed.

~ Read "the WISDOM OF FORGIVENESS" - Victor Chan and the Dalai Lama ~
it will open your eyes.
Hm, then I guess I should start worshipping Satan and try to get in pretty good with him.
Deadly Darkthorn
there are some people who have never done this. they are usually called saints by others. sure, they probably had their bad days and they felt like argueing with people. but they didn't because they were strong in their beliefs. mind you, im not saying its only christians who would be like this.

think of the wonderful person you knew who would do anything for you. sure, they may have faults, but the most important thing is that they are over all good. look at the Dalai Lama for example. his life is a wonderful example of what we should all strive to be.

Forgiveness. One word which applies to ever situation. I don't beleive in one God, but if their was one, im sure He would forgive for those minor moments of wrath, or lust, or greed.

~ Read "the WISDOM OF FORGIVENESS" - Victor Chan and the Dalai Lama ~
it will open your eyes.

Saints aren't Perfect, therefore they fall to the 7 Sins.
Thus, they go to hell.
*massages eyebrows and lets out a huge sigh*

I am far too weary debating this issue, so I will simply bullet all the points where you are flatly wrong.

1.) The veneer theory has no basis and is now scientifically being disproven as contrary to how humans are.

2.) The 7 Deadly Sins are centered in the idea of excess, not the simple act of committing them. Let us look at gluttony; regularly, even in the Bible, they celebrate with feasts, but these are not condemned because they are not excessive.

That pretty much makes your whole post incorrect.
You don't need to be perfect, that's what I'm saying. You need to be able to accept what you have done and get on with it. Having one of those sins, or two, it doesn't matter. God would just need to forgive you, that was the whole point of the Jesus thing. I think if you were seeing God, you would be willing to repent for everything. Must be a scary thought.

Sins are created so that we are able to be forgiven. It isn't reasonable to expect everyone to be perfect.

I stand by my first point, there are some people out there who have never had one of those sins. They were born good.
that's fine with me
as billy joel said, "i'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints"
so true
We're still going to hell anyway because we disobey the ten commandments. Bring me one person that hasn't lied at least once in their lifetime, and I'll give them a cookie. xd
I think Deraloq has a point or something like it, no person is perfect and rarely anyone you meet these days can live up to the expectations of the bible. Not even the clergy. But on a personal note I try not to get to involved with religion, I think it's best to live in the moment. And try to be nice to other people and animals cause you don't want to get run out of town by torches and pitchforks.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Naoshi_1337
inb4 baww & fail

Lurk moar, Channer.

Riviera de la Mancha
2.) The 7 Deadly Sins are centered in the idea of excess, not the simple act of committing them. Let us look at gluttony; regularly, even in the Bible, they celebrate with feasts, but these are not condemned because they are not excessive.

"Everything in moderation." 3nodding

EDIT: I had something about whether or not the Sins were in the bible, but... eh...

Everything you need to know about the Seven Deadly Sins.
Nyxix
We're still going to hell anyway because we disobey the ten commandments. Bring me one person that hasn't lied at least once in their lifetime, and I'll give them a cookie. xd

*Even larger sigh* No where is it said that one goes to hell for breaking the commandments. The only set of biblical laws where that is possibly interpreted is the 7 Deadly Sins.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff