Welcome to Gaia! ::

HAIIII, GD!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

How are you today? I have a dilemma...

I'm 20 years old. I have really strict parents who won't let me date even though I am going out with someone. They won't accept it and like to think that if they don't let me go out that I'll soon forget about him. This leads to us sneaking out and lying a lot. We've been together for close to a year now. He asked me to go to a fancy dinner party, but I might have to ask my mom because there may be people there that might talk about us to her (Filipiinos are nosy and gossipy, esp since its a small community we live in). There is a strong possibility that she won't let me go because we've been fighting. The party's this saturday.

Should I lie and sneak out...or should I ask for permission?
wear a disguise
you in tux him in drag
kamusta?
lol

well, you can lie.
providing you're good enough at hiding, it'll work well, i guess.

Ch' yeah
Same here.
My parents are evil!
Get a boyfriend when you get married, psh~
Sneak out. surprised
=( I really, really wanna go...maybe I should sneak out...and deal with the consequence
You need to make it clear to your parents that you are TWENTY YEARS OLD, not their little baby anymore, and that you will date who you want and go where you want, unless they want you to be a bitter spinster. They need to get out of their little fantasy world where you're still their little girl
User Image

You're 20 ******** years old. You can date if you want to.
They're just really traditional...Filipino traditional...and they think that I'll get preggers. Which is ridiculous, because if I wanted to go out and do that I would've been in trouble years ago when I started dating years ago.
I need specifics: How good are you at lying and hiding? How smart are your parents? How smart are you and your boyfriend? Just how gossipy are these people you speak of and how small a community? I'm bored and would be glad to help plot against your parents, but I would need details.

I suppose just try to kiss up to your mother and then ask as nicely as you can, putting up a good argument. If she says no, and several of the questions I asked above are in your favor, then I suppose it might be a good time to put sneaking skills to use. Make a plan for in case you have to sneak out, thinking of everything you can. I hate when people try to get away with stuff by just using instinct. Plan, plot, scheme! Use your head and you might get away with it.

(If your wondering why this is so long, it's because I have nothing better to do with my life.)
My parents were the same way to my older sister.Who was like, 21 at the time.
But, me and my oldest and youngest sister ganged up and convinced my parents that she is infact twenty one and that it was alright...

...I want to make banana bread O_O
Crowsbeak
I need specifics: How good are you at lying and hiding? How smart are your parents? How smart are you and your boyfriend? Just how gossipy are these people you speak of and how small a community? I'm bored and would be glad to help plot against your parents, but I would need details.

I suppose just try to kiss up to your mother and then ask as nicely as you can, putting up a good argument. If she says no, and several of the questions I asked above are in your favor, then I suppose it might be a good time to put sneaking skills to use. Make a plan for in case you have to sneak out, thinking of everything you can. I hate when people try to get away with stuff by just using instinct. Plan, plot, scheme! Use your head and you might get away with it.

(If your wondering why this is so long, it's because I have nothing better to do with my life.)

I've been lying since I was 16 about boys. I've been successful and I have been caught, but that's how it goes. You can't keep hiding forever. I've tried lying, sneaking out, being honest, bringing boys home. But, the prevalent reason they want me to not have a bf is to finish my studies (I have one more year to go in nursing then I grad) and not get preggers. My parents aren't the smartest, but it's the Filippino community that keeps them updated on everyone. An example would be my mom knowing the details of the sexual activity and abortion attempts of daughters she only knows bout through other Filipino friends.

Kissing up to my mom doesn't work. I've tried it. We have a very superficial relationship. She's only really productive with providing me with things. Like, I love her, but I hate her at the same time....I hate what kind of person she is. Also, she's very stubborn. I already gave up on waiting for her to change. I plan on asking a friend to cover for me.
To do list::
Get Job (If you dont have one)
Get own apartment (If you dont have one)
Tell parents you are your own responsibility now and you can do whatever the hell you want
If all else fails, lie/ sneak out, deal with consequences, yell at them, go into a more rebelious stage that will teach them a lesson.
Then commence with to do list.
Sneak out.
By the way, I like your eyes.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Spanks. I've tried speaking out, it's worked sometimes...usually it's temporary tho.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff