Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Consumer

I've never really expirenced this but me and a couple of my other friends normally have small 'drawing get togethers' and we all form a small group and draw together, whatever comes to our minds first, and then we pass them around and make little comments on what to fix. It's wierd, but it helps.

So anyways, last night we were at a drawing session of ours, and we were all quiet, drawing whatever we were drawing, when all of a sudden, one of my friends bursted out crying. Like, tears welling down her face, and her like, caughing... it was compelatly random, but she still kept drawing. We all were just looking at her, then at eachother and she claims that she gets emotional when she's drawing.... does that ever happen to any of you? I was just curious.
uh, no, im usually too far gone in my mind for that
is she alright?

Dapper Consumer

neko-axe
is she alright?

Yea, she's fine. She's just overly emotional about her art...at least, what she told me. So yea. She thinks deeply and it sets her emotions. Something along those lines. Couldn't really understand her, and also, I don't like asking into detail in why she was upset. It sort of makes me feel bad for a reason. lolz.
yeah, prying could make things worse. that circle idea does seem interesting though
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
neko-axe
is she alright?

Yea, she's fine. She's just overly emotional about her art...at least, what she told me. So yea. She thinks deeply and it sets her emotions. Something along those lines. Couldn't really understand her, and also, I don't like asking into detail in why she was upset. It sort of makes me feel bad for a reason. lolz.

Drawing from your emotions is fine, but usually it's not a good idea to be too emotionally attached to your pictures, especially if you want critiques. I've known people who are more than willing to rip apart artwork and make the artist cry and feel bad about themselves and their work. If she's like that all the time I'd start asking some more questions.
Sometimes I get really into my art... but I don't totally burst out crying. I mean, sometimes the inspiration of my art is a rather sad event in my life, and I'll get teary.

Or sometimes I have to actually make the facial expression of the person I'm drawing, and just doing that makes me kind of sad sometimes. lol.
no im ussualy happy because i drew something new!
i n e e d User Image

I don't usually get really in to my art unless it's a romantic piece. That's when I start over-analysing.

User Image s l e e p
Hm, I guess if someone's really into the emotion and feeling of a piece they're liable to show emotion. The most I ever show is making faces. XD
Sounds more like she was using her art to cover up something else.

But, as for the topic at hand, I've never heard of an artist crying while working. At least not because of the art.
I've never gotten emotional like that when drawing. Even when I'm drawing to cover up a feeling but each person is different.
...Hold your head high Gorgeous....

()()()()()
I draw to cover up my feelings. I'm actually always sad, but when I put my sadness into my art I'm able to be happy around my friends so they know nothing is wrong.
()()()()()

...There are people who would KILL to see you fall...
well, strangely enough, when i draw, i somewhat pretend my drawing is alive, and real. this may sound stupid, but sometimes when im bord, i take out my drawings and talk to them xp

Dapper Dabbler

8,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
Yeah, it happens
I get so sucked up into the origin of my work, it gets me all deprssed or happy or pissed off, what ever my character is feeling.
I can empathize with some people's experience all too well, i guess
I just feel how ever my character does.
and hopeless if hopeless
happy is happy
crying is crying
i am what my art makes me
sometimes...it's usually brought on me by thinking off of tangents of what I'm drawing...or how I'm feeling that day...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff