Welcome to Gaia! ::

Another day, more money in the bank. That was how James saw things, even when he wasn't actually earning anything. Last night had been spent working at his computer until the early hours, tea and biscuits being his main sustenance throughout. He had not had time to finish the muffin, nor the hot chocolate, so today he figured on actually staying throughout his meal. Nothing for the munchies today, he was actually sober; he only smoked when there was no work to be done and game ideas to get down, it helped him think of vast storylines, and since he still had a contract that would likely run through the rest of the week he would remain sober.

Entering through the doors that seemed very familiar even after just one visit, James made a beeline for the stool he had taken the previous day. The place was cleaned up, obviously due to the French woman after he had left, and it still kept that homely feeling he so enjoyed. And just as the day before, he waited patiently for someone to see to him, another warm smile on his face.
A shuffling sound could be heard, thumping over by the stairs, in the living area. It was, of course, Sir Alex, the knight! Or... More as, Alex, the store owner. He was still a bit dazed from just waking after that long night of slaying warriors on the battlefield. Virtual-wise. An addicted video gamer, he was, spending countless hours, as well as money, on his video games that many found to be senseless. Alex didn't take the time to get ready for the day, since he was still half asleep, and craving his morning cocoa. With the help of his lovely pillow, his hair was messy, and shifted in all kinds of directions. He was also wearing the normal clothes he wore when he went to bed-- Actually, the more like the clothes he was wearing the day before. His jeans, with the white button-up shirt.

How lovely. With a yawn, Sir Alex stumbled around the corner, and came into his cafe`, his bare feet sauntering across the cold, light brown tile. Suddenly, he came to a halt, noticing a man, just a bit older than him, nice and comfortable off to the side at his own table. "Mmmm... Didn't realize we were open already..." He mumbled to himself, yet loud enough for the customer to hear, as he gazed down at his imaginary wristwatch. "Riiiiiiiight...." With a crack of his neck, Alex wandered off, almost as if he hardly knew his store, and entered the kitchen, retieving a large mug, and pouring hot milk into, along with a packet of powdered chocolate. After stirring it all today, he came back to the counter, leaning over it, sipping at his hot chocolate lightly. "Yo." Alex said to the customer, lifting his mug to him in greetings.
James remained where he was once the man appeared, preceded by the noises of someone who had just woken up and remembered he had a store to run perhaps. Since the guy came from upstairs and not from the back, he figured the guy was fairly important. A manager perhaps, offered a room, or maybe the owner himself. Either way it meant service was nigh, and James waited patiently as the man sauntered into the kitchen to fetch himself something. He had no idea why he chose to sit at a table, what with the counter being deserted and not another soul in sight, maybe he just wanted a change.
"Hey there." James said with a smile as he got up, a few strides bringing him to the counter where he sat on one of the chairs, "I just figured it was open since the door wasn't locked, I'll remember not to come by so early next time, eh?" Again, his British accent came through strong and the smile never left his lips.

Today he was dressed in jeans, a white t-shirt and a grey short-sleeved shirt over that, a pair of heavy black boots on his feet which made a pleasant sound every step he took.
Alex lifted the cup to his mouth and took another sip, allowing the burning liquids to run down his throat as he swallowed. Each time he'd swallow, his face would cringe, due to the hotness of his drink. But, each time he swallow, he'd become a bit more concious. All the while, the man, a customer, was saying... something. He was in a temporary state of deafness, or in a deep train of thought, to where he couldn't even hear this man. But, he sort of nodded, and gave a 'mmhmm' every now and then. "Umm... Yeah." He added, after he had finally finished his morning wake-up juice. Finally completely concious, Alex stood up straight, his spine erect, and looked to the stranger. "Can I get'cha anything?" Alex said, scratching the back of his head lightly, his fingers ready to dial down the numbers for the man's order.
James couldn't tell whether the man was really listening or not, what with the replies being timed perfectly with what he was saying despite any real active thought, but there you go. He knew the feeling all too well and was forgiving; who really wants to talk crap with a stranger, a customer, after they've just woken up and have to start working straight away? No one, that's who. Well, probably a lot of people, but James definitely wasn't. Anyway, once the man came around and finally asked him what he wanted, James was more than happy to rattle off his order.
"I'll have a cup of tea if ya got one going, one sugar and milk. Maybe a cookie or something as well, something to soak it up with, whatever ya have." He beamed another smile.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Aurelie had a tough night last night with her sister; the depression seemed to have gotten better, but her sister was still crying her eyes out over a bar breakup. Wanting to get away from all of that, she came back to work the next day, feeling refreshed from her wonderful walk in the snow. Her hood was down, so she had snowflakes clinging to her clothes and hair, which was straight and blowing in the slight wind around her. Her hands were in her pockets and she had on black boots which went up to her knees, black tights, a jean skirt and a black sweater. Her coat clung to her as well, zipped up to the neck. Her face was pink as it was cold out, but she smiled nonetheless. Despite the snow, it was beautiful out.

Upon coming to the quaint little café, she opened the door and shed her coat, setting it on the back of a chair. A yawn escaped her full, pink lips as she waltzed over to the bar, only to stop and lightly pat James on the shoulder. “Bonjour!” She exclaimed, giggling happily, before offering a wave to Alex as well.
][ Sorry. I was watching "When a Stranger Calls." xD ][

Tea and cookies for breakfast. Wow. That's odd. But-- The customer's always right, as they say. With a nod, and a small smile, Alex headed into the back and quickly brewed up some tea, nice and hot. Then, he snagged a cookie, not too old, just from yesterday, kept covered and under a lamp at the counter. A yawn could be heard from the kitchen, as he came back with a mug-like cup, filled to the brim with the man's tea, and a nice, large cookie larger than his hand, inside of a paper sleeve. "Here ya' go." Alex said, placing the tea onto the counter, in front of the man, then the cookie by it's side. Quickly jabbing in a few keys, the cash register popped open, ready to eat some more cash. But, considering Alex's state, he ignored it, then slammed the register, and let the payment slide.
James was surprised to receive a pat on the shoulder; he didn't think he knew anyone well enough, or vice versa, for someone to do that to him. He was surprised to see the French woman from the other day when he turned his head, his smile seeming to grow even larger if it was possible.
"Mornin', love." he beamed, "Didn't make too much of a mess yesterday I hope." he finished with a sheepish smile.
It soon vanished as his tea and cookie appeared in front of him, the smile returning. He'd let it cool down before going for a sip and he made it a personal thing not to eat cookies on their own without some dippage going on. Things dipped in tea, food-wise at least, always tasted better.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Aurelie shook her head. She did have to wonder why he kept calling her love, but she could only smile whenever he said it. “Not a problem. I cleaned it up.” She shrugged. It had then occurred to her that they hadn’t properly introduced themselves to one another, and a slight tinge of a blush appeared on her cheeks as she smiled at him. “I’m Aurelie, by the way. Aurelie D’Aubigne.” She added with her strong, French accent. Taking a step back from him, she bowed in his direction, though she couldn’t help but to start giggling at the thoughts of the little food war they had yesterday.

A buzzing noise was heard as her cell phone vibrated in her pocket, but she merely ignored it; it was the modeling agency, and she had specifically told them not to call her while she was on her two week break. "Stupid agents..." She whispered, rolling her eyes.
James' drink had cooled down a bit, which he found out after testing it with a quick sip, and he had only just realised that he wasn't charged for the meal. Sure, he recalled the man entering the amount and the draw opening, then he remembered it closing without the all important exchange of funds. He preferred to wait until the end of his order to pay, but getting it free was definitely not something he enjoyed and he made a mental note to leave the money on his way out. Then came something he didn't expect; the French woman, Aurelie, introduced herself. Slightly embarrassed that he too had forgotten to do something like that yesterday, he wasted no time in replying and offering a hand for her to shake, what with bowing being hard when you're sitting down.
"James Hogs, pleasure to meet you again." He said warmly, his handshake being gentle and friendly, "And please, no need to bow, today's my day off from being the King." he added after he retrieved his hand.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Smiling, Aurelie shook her head. “Funny, because I’m a Queen and I didn’t see you bowing to me, and I don't take days off, hunny.” She sat down at the table, across from him and crossed her right leg over the other, hands smoothing out her skirt as she sat. Of course her statement was meant as a joke, but one thing she had learned about him already was that he liked to laugh, and didn’t mind joking every once in a while. Their food fight had proven that yesterday evening. “It’s nice to see you here again,” She stated, smiling, “Enjoying your cookie and tea?” She asked, before turning around to glance at Alex. Someone didn’t look in the mood today. Shrugging, she turned back to James, blue eyes resting upon his form now. She liked having him around, and it showed. With her elbows, she leaned on the table, watching him closley, her lips curved into a smile.
Of course James loved to joke around, it made things easier, so this was no different. His shoulders bobbed up and down, his face creased, and he let out a stifled chuckle. It was reassuring to know he could have a good time when not high, what with most of his sober days spent working and getting increasingly depressed about his situation. Anyway, enough of this depressing narration. In answer to her question he broke off a chunk of the cookie, dunked it in and tea and munched on it happily. With a satisfied smile on his face he nodded and pushed the cookie across to her.
"It lives up to my expectations of this place, that's for sure. Help yourself to some." He beamed another smile and pushed the mug slightly towards her for dunkage.

"So... Aurelie," James' pronunciation of foreign names never went well, but he tried his best, "If I may be so bold as to ask; what do you do when not working in a café?"
He had heard her complain about the phone, the word 'agents' coming into the equation, so now he was intrigued. The kind look in his eyes said he would not really mind if she didn't wish to divulge, he was merely trying to find out more than just a name, as was his custom.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Aurelie tilted her head to the side, eyes glued on the cookie before her. With her right hand, she picked it up and broke off a chunk of it, before dipping it into the tea that he had pushed in front of her as well. Never before had seen done this, but it was interesting and she didn’t want to pass up the chance to give it a try. Slowly, she dipped the cookie piece in and pulled it out, immediately plopping it into her mouth. Looking away for a moment, she chewed on it, as if trying to decipher exactly what type of taste this was leaving in her mouth. Actually, it was quite good.

“Mmm…” She mumbled, breaking off another piece of the cookie and dipping it into the tea. As she chewed on it this time, she slid the cookie and cup back to James. “Not working here, huh?” She repeated, swallowing the cookie before speaking again, “I’m a model.” She said, “I do magazine ads, mostly.” She shrugged. It was really no big deal for her, though she loved to be adored by her fans. Ah yes, the fans. They were great. She found herself smiling even wider at this thought.
Cookies, or any nice biscuits for that matter, were always nice when dipped in tea. Maybe it was an English thing, or maybe he was downright strange, but it was damn tasty and anyone who didn't like it had no tastebuds as far as he was concerned. He was happy to see she liked it, happy that he passed on the strange act to someone else. James took a hefty swig of the tea once she pushed it back, his posture practically slumping back in the chair as he tasted tea again. For some reason the only teabags he could find in Barton were either flavoured or some murderised version of what he was used to, so he was happy this place served the Brit inside him.

He clapped his hands together when she answered, a flicker of realisation coming across his eyes. That's where he remembered her from; some fashion magazine during the flight. Sadly he wasn't a fan of fashion, as most would be able to tell from his rather bland choice of clothes, but he was happy to finally have that mental itch put to ease. He never liked it when he was sure he had seen someone before and could never place them, it was unfinished business no matter how small and it was always a relief to get it sorted.
"A model? Well then. I do a bit of modelling myself." He paused to take a sip of tea, his eyes watching for a reaction before he added, "A 3D modeller anyways."
It was always fun to see if he could get people with that one; he wasn't model material, so playing on his real profession was always a laugh with people who didn't know him. He just enjoyed reactions and, sometimes, watching people burst into laughter at the thought of him being a model. He wasn't ugly, but his build was rather large, like a Rugby player, and most male models he could remember, although toned, still had a slim physique.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Aurelie was about to open her mouth and say something about him being a model, when he spoke again. Unable to contain it, she burst out in laughter. “Oh, I like that one!” She exclaimed. It was the perfect way for him to start talking about what his profession was. As her laughter subsided, she sat up straight and reached over again, taking a piece of his cookie, before putting it in her mouth. Unlike anyone else she had talked to during her time in Gaia, she found that James had more of that ‘old friend’ feel to him. It was as if Aurelie had been around him all her life, and that made talking with him even more enjoyable than it was to begin with. She was really starting to like him more and more with each passing moment of laughter that they shared.

“So, you’ve seen me?” She asked, her eyes opened a little wider when she thought back to what he had said, “Oh, oh! I bet you I was wearing… a blue bikini and a pair of white boots. There was snow all around me, wasn’t there? Yes, yes… and… I had on white gloves and a white hat. Ugh, I hate how they did my hair and makeup…” she shook her head, “It was something about ‘despite the cold weather, these models turn the heat up on the set doing their picture shoots…’ It was an interview about me.” It was the only magazine she was currently in this month, so she had to be right. Sighing, she began to blush again. Even though she willingly had taken the picture, the thought of James seeing her like that made her feel a little embarrassed and her eyes glanced down at the table, fingers trailing over its surface.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff