Welcome to Gaia! ::

"Thank you" Brian said Kindly as he paid He took the mug into his cold hands, which warmed them greatly. He looked at his watch and started to panic, "I'm going to be late" he said as he took a mouthful of coffee which he regretted instantly. The coffee tasted great but the burning sensation in his mouth was too much for him, not wanting to be rude he swallowed it all it felt like hot lava going down his throat. Brian was able to remain calm and murmur "Thats good but I really gotta go"
He placed the mug down and walked towards the door, turning back for a second he manages to say "I'll be back tomorrow". Exit Brian
Erin smiled. "Miss Darklyn Joyce. It is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Erin, my surname doesn't really hold much importance." Her hand went out to shake that of her waitress. Another polite gesture.
][ Time for me to go. Adios. D: ][
((Might as well leave this if any of y'all get back.

Not sure of your swearing policy either; PG-13 is ambiguous to me (Brit) and I reckon youth today can handle it. Even so...))

James happened across The Cornerstone Café by chance. It was his intention to walk a hundred or so metres more to the small shop that often suited his dietary needs. Not so much dietary needs as much a massive case of the munchies. He stopped outside the door, looking from the sign to down the road where the small shop waited. A dilemma! One hundred metres to a place he knew was great, or chance it in a new place. A place he was comfortable with and was used to being stoned in, or a new one with new people to stare at him and react however they react when they see a stoner.
"F**k it." He said with a shrug of his shoulders.
He took a deep breath to compose himself before pushing open the door and stepping inside. What he had seen through the windows and doors before he came in were put to shame by the interior. It was fantastic. So modern, so clean, so homely. A place someone could be really comfortable in. Despite this, there was one test that needed to be conducted... several really. Maybe more, who knew.

James was rather high today, a fact showed by his constant grin, slightly red eyes and a generally relaxed expression on his face. Sporting a rather trendy pair of suit trousers and a white shirt, one might think he had been somewhere important today. Truthfully it was laundry day, but he let people think what they think until they asked. With a very slight stagger in his step he made it to the bar, heaving a small sigh of relief as he planted himself on one of the large stools. With hands clasped together, a friendly smile on his face, and his brain practically goo, James waited for someone to roll on over.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Aurelie had been in the lounge area, sitting on a couch and reading through a magazine. Since she was in Gaia, there weren’t many pictures with her in them, but she knew that back in France there were tons and tons of articles about her and pictures with her various poses. Being a model, it seemed that she constantly searched and searched for her face, but today she was merely reading to read. It was comfortable, and a great thing to do when no one else was around. Her auburn hair was pulled over her shoulders in bouncing curls, her blue eyes glued to each word on every page that she would turn. Her jeans were tight at first glance, but the face that she was able to sit Indian style like she was, was only a feat that she could master. Her blue sweater clung to her body, showing off all of her curves, just the way she liked it.

The door opening alarmed her, but she reacted just in time, pushing herself off of the sofa and watching the door. The man who walked in did not seem to walk with much confidence, or else he was drunk. With a shrug of her shoulders, she walked over to the bar and slipped behind it, a sweet smile upon her face as she spoke to him with a strong, feminine French accent, which was soft as velvet and sweet as sugar.

“Would you like anything, sir?” She asked, leaning against the bar with her elbows.
The wheels on the bus go round and round
Round and round, round and round
The wheels on the bus go round and round
All da--

"Would you like anything, sir?" A sweet French voice broke him out of his stare into nothing.
A quick blink was all it took to focus on the woman and put an even bigger smile on his face. Something about her made him think he had seen her somewhere before, but that could've just been the drugs. But whatever the papers said about weed and all its 'bad' effects, he never had any trouble until it came to people he might've met or seen once. He made a terrible witness for people, but he could always remember what had happened. Still, he was at a loss with the French woman.
"Ah, hello." he said warmly, his British accent coming through strong, "I'd like your biggest hot chocolate and a big muffin... biggest. Massive in fact." Hand movements emphasised the size he wanted; he was joking, of course, but still. It was fun.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Aurelie could only giggle at this man, a smile coming to her face. “One moment.” She put a finger up to him, signaling for him to wait while she went and prepared his order. In the kitchen she went to work on the hot chocolate, and while it was warming up, she grabbed the freshest muffin she could find and placed it on a tiny saucer. Once this was done, the hot chocolate had been warmed. Grabbing the mug and the saucer, she came back out to the bar and placed these items in front of the man. His accent was alluring, and she could tell that he was British, which made her smile. Accents always made her happy.

“Bon appetite!” She exclaimed, clapping her hands together. It had been the first order that she had completed during her few days as a shopkeeper here, and that excited her. With ehr index finger, she pushed the hot chocolate towards him slowly, keeping her eyes on him the whole time.

“I got the biggest mug I could find, and the biggest muffin. Please, tell me you'll enjoy it.” She said, almost whispering to him.
][ O; -Notes.- I have learned from Ruuvan's style of roleplay. That was funny, though. xD "The wheels on the bus go round and round..." ][
Oh I would do anything for love
But I won't go to England!

James furrowed his brow and wondered how in hell he got that in his head. Shrugging it off as the drugs, which was excusable since it often made him laugh when he thought of random crap, his eyes settled on the woman as she returned with a rather large mug and a muffin. He made a show of comparing the size of the muffin with the whole span of his arms, casting a strange look at the small object that dared to defy his specifications. This part was an act, plain and simple, but he prided himself on making people laugh.
"It looks fantastic, love!" James clapped his hands together in the same manner and started breaking of pieces of the muffin to devour in his mighty jaws.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Aurelie giggled at his antics, enjoying his company already. She stepped around the bar and took a seat next to him, facing him with a sweet smile on her features. “Thank you. I tried my best.” She said softly, placing her hands on her knees as she watched him with bright, ocean blue eyes. Her hair began to bounce as she started to giggle, unable to stifle it. She kept thinking about how he had looked at her when he realized his muffin wasn’t as big as he had asked for, and it was a very funny sight indeed. If he hadn’t noticed, she pretty much enjoyed being close to those that she wished to engage in a conversation with.

“What brings you by?” She asked him, her voice a little quieter than before. Since no one else was around, there was no need to speak so loudly. She knew that he'd answer once he was finished taking such a big bite of the muffin, and this only furthered her laughter, in which she was now covering her mouth, giggling like a child.
((Sorry for the delay, lots of friends round and I've been sent on another tea run.

I'm able to tap into my character very well at present, let's see if you can guess why stare ))

James hadn't heard someone laugh so much since he left England. People in Barton were nice enough, but their sense of humour must have had a shipping delay, or maybe a mix-up. Either way it sucked, it sucked very much. Still, it was nice to be in the company of an attractive woman and have her laughing at his crazy antics, it made him feel better about the situation. Either she knew he was high, or she was just ambiguous and enjoying it anyway, both made his smile grow. Even around mouthfuls of muffin he managed to laugh, mainly at the fact she was giggling so much and laughter was contagious, but also because for the first time in a few weeks he was having a good laugh.

With a quarter of the muffin safely stored in his food sack for later digestion... no, wait, his stomach. How much Futurama had he been watching lately? Who knew. Anyway. Half the muffin was gone and he washed it down with a hefty swig of the hot chocolate. It was one of the best he had ever tasted, so chocolatey and hot. After a few dabs of his lips with a napkin, he half turned on his stool to face her, fully engaging both the woman and his food; multi-tasking for the win.
"I was just on my way to the shop on the corner, y'know the one?" He motioned out of the door and to the right, "Good place, has nice food considering it's not as fresh as a deli and such. Of course this place lured me in and I have no doubt that shop will miss my custom." He laughed and shook his head, "And tell me, how does a French woman come to be in Barton. I mean, sure I'm here, but that's because England sucks. But France, now that's a nice country."

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
|| ooc: Hmm… I wonder. ||

Aurelie didn’t think the question would be thrown back at her, but she smiled nonetheless. The twenty year old shifted on the stool so that she was sitting more comfortably before she answered. Right now, her back was against the counter and she had her head slightly turned to look at him.

“My sister lives here in Barton.” She said, shrugging, “And I’ve been so busy lately that I haven’t even taken the time to see her, so I came out for a visit. I’m staying for a while, so I figured a little job wouldn’t hurt for extra money.” Not once did she add the fact that she was a model, and though not a very famous one, she was still successful and never knew if people recognized her. Maybe this man did, since she was pretty popular in European magazines and such. A smile was offered to him as she watched him eat. It had been the first time in a while that she was able to talk to a man without him draping himself over her, or butting into her business and private life. This was a wonderful change, and it showed by the grin she wore on her face. Feeling a bit playful because of his presence, she reached over with a dainty hand and picked off a corner of the muffin, before plopping it into her mouth and chewing happily; she had to see for herself if it was really all that good, and she was glad to find out that it was.
James didn't know if it was normal to ask the same question back or not, even if the phrasing of it was changed somewhat and covered a broader scale; she asked him why he came by, he asked her why she left France. Not exactly fair, but he was curious and liked to know the main things before the trivial, it helped drive the image of them home in his mind, a fact to relate to them and remind him who they were.
"Ah, family." He said with a happy shake of his head, a huge smile plastered across his face that only grew when she nabbed some of his muffin, "Thief!" James mocked surprise, open eyes and a gaping mouth staring directly at the Frenchwoman.
Without another word he picked up a crumb of muffin and hurled it at her.
"You dare steal from the sacred muffin, a declaration of war!"
Now, whether it was his ultimate nerdy gamer side, the drugs, or both, it was pretty damned weird. Then again, that's the type of person he was, and if someone couldn't deal with it, poo to them. Hmph.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Aurelie felt a crumb hit her in the face and she narrowed her eyes, though a maniacal grin spread across her face as she stood up and glared at him. “Then war it is!” She exclaimed, taking another piece of his muffin by reaching over and throwing it at his head. She’d have a mess to clean up, sure, but she was having fun. After throwing the crumb at him, she dashed to the other side of him and grabbed his muffin. If she was successful, then she would stick the muffin in her mouth, chewing on it. Sure, she was eating off of a stranger; someone she didn’t even know the name of, but she was chewing on the end that he hadn’t bitten yet, so this was different.
((Late here, time to knock off. Had fun though, I'll definitely come back. Sorry not much happened and I wasn't here, but there you go.))

James contemplated diving over the counter and throwing crumbs all slow-motion like, but sadly Mister Gravity would've had some issue with that and probably sent him to hospital. Instead he opted to jump back and attempt to take cover behind his stool, alas the crumb hit. His skull caved in and it popped in a shower of candy! No. It did nothing, but he still planted both hands on his forehead and let slip a forced moan of anguish and pain.
"The agony!" He exclaimed, letting his hands down in time to see his muffin disappear, "And to the victor go the spoils, eh?" He smiled broadly.

Without warning, as these things often happen, his mobile started to ring. It was some techno version of a song called Popcorn; rather crap to him, but it was silly, and silly things were good. He slipped out his brick of a phone and scanned the screen before sighing reluctantly.
"I'm afraid duty calls." James slid the phone back into his pocket and bowed in an over exaggerated manner in one move, slipping some money onto the counter as he rose, "I'm sure I'll come by here again. Thanks ever so much for the hot choc and muffin, love." He gave a wink and started for the door.

If anything was said to him as he left through the front doors, he was oblivious. Despite having to work, he had found a new place, met a new person, and was as happy as if he had a week off. Times were good. Outside the door he took something resembling a cigarette from his pocket, stuck it in between his lips and took a few drags. Satisfied it was lit, he started off in the direction he had come; back home, back to work.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff