Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
“But… I’d much rather have a normal job. I can go back to Europe and model whenever I want. Besides, I like it here.” She smiled, turning around and watching him, “Plus, I get to spend time with people like you.” She smiled even wider as she moved a bit on the sofa, sitting the right way and moving closer to him as he drank his tea. “So, is the tea good?” She asked, inspecting it closely before her eyes traveled up to his face again. With one hand, she started to play with his hair, not really noticing that it was long… for a guy, anyway. Her fingers twisted the ends of his dark hair and she smiled, feeling like a child who was playing with a doll. She could only hope that he didn’t mind. There were a few questions that she had for him, but she wasn't sure if it would be right to ask them, only because it would seem like she was trying to know everything about his life, when she truly wasn't going for that. With a sigh, she kept focusing on his hair, her lips still curved into a half-smile.
((I really need to stop playing Witcher, it's like... addictive!))

James nodded, she made a good point, and his cheeks went red for a moment as she reached over and started playing with his hair. It didn't take long for him to calm back down, it was something he liked anyway; thoughts of childhood when he was laying in his mothers lap, watching some TV show or another, and she'd play with his hair until he drifted off to sleep. No sleep now of course, too much talking to be done. He was proud of his long hair, whether it was there because he wanted it or just due to him being lazy and never getting it cut, but at least it was clean and she seemed to be enjoying herself.

It was during the second pause in their conversation he realised something: He had never given her a chance to ask any questions about him, it always seemed to be him asking the personal questions that might've been digging too deeply.
"I'll tell ya what," He said with a smile, lifting his head slightly to move her fiddling into a more comfortable position for him, "How's about you ask me some questions, yea? I've always been throwing them at you, so now it's your turn. Tit for tat and all that."
Oh, a rhyme! How wonderful.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Aurelie smiled at him, “Well, first off… I know you’re a 3-D modeler, but what else do you do… when you’re not here?” She asked him, running her fingers through his hair slowly, knowing the wonderful feeling that came from doing that. Even when she was pressed for time and her hairstylist was doing her hair, she wanted nothing more than to fall asleep in the chair. James had nice hair, though, and it made it easier for her to get her fingers through it. Right now, she was on her knees on the sofa, leaning over so that she could easily get to his hair. It seemed she was working very hard on something, with the way her thin eyebrows were knitted together in thought, but really, she was concentrating on his hair, getting used to the texture and feel of it. It was nice of him to think of letting her ask some questions, because she had been tentative about doing so up until now, and now that she knew he was comfortable with it, she'd be able to ask him about all the things she had on her mind.
What else did James do aside from working, that was a good question. He contemplated mentioning the weed, thought against it instantly, then turned to his hobbies.
"Well I try to get out and play rugby as often as I can, when I'm not working at least. Not many people here play it, but we get a few little games going in the nearby parky-field area." He waved his hand in the general direction he was implying, "I write, too, mainly for game storylines if I get really bored. Started work on my own creation a while ago, keep going back to it from time to time." He paused for a moment to think.
There really wasn't that much he did; games, work, rugby, maybe a night out, that was about it.
"That's it really... I mean, I hang around with a few friends or go out around the town when we're all free, but aside from that nothing. Either working or playing, as always, just seem to be doing more work than play recently."

James felt as if he should talk about the drug; no matter how bad some people painted it, there were a select few who didn't really care. Still, he kept that bit out for now as it did not pertain to the conversation.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
“Mmhmm…”

Aurelie nodded as she continued to stroke his hair, leaning in for a moment to sniff it. It might’ve seemed odd, but she was just curious. Her hands continued working through his hair. When she had finished with this, she lay her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. For the moment, that was all she really wanted to know about him right now, and maybe she would ask more questions later. Her hand lazily trailed up and down the length of his arm as more of a friendly affection type thing than anything else and she smiled. “I might have to hire you as my full time pillow. Would you mind?” She asked, chuckling some. It was a funny thought; hiring a friend to be a pillow when she went to sleep. Honestly, his shoulder was rather comfortable, and she had never really been close enough to a person to be like this, so it was also very different. For a moment, there was nothing but silence between the two, and the cackling fire that was only a few feet away. If it weren’t for the fact that she wasn’t tired, she would’ve went to sleep right then and there. Any other guy would've died at that point, having a beautiful model lying against them, but she knew that James wouldn't react in that way. And, of course, she would get up if he honestly wanted her to. Right now, though, she was content with snuggling up against him, eyes closed.
"A job as a pillow, huh?" James said with a shake of his head and a chuckle, "Probably be easier than the work I'm doing now, but I doubt it'd pay the bills." He knew it was all a joke, thus he played into it with any humorous statement that entered his head.
For the time-being he was at peace; a warm fire, the weather outside looking more friendly, a comfy sofa and a wonderful woman next to him in a comfortable manner. It definitely beat sitting in front of a computer all night, that was for sure, not to mention more enjoyable.

James was hardly ever at a loss for words, or at a loss for a conversation-starter, but this time he was completely silent. His eyes drifting closed as the heat got to him and he finally relaxed, a comfortable sigh escaping his lips. He had finished the tea some time ago and was still cupping it in his lap when the two got comfortable. No way was he going to get up anytime soon, but he wished Aurelie would have something to say. He was always bad in these kinds of situations, no matter how friendly and without a hidden agenda the snuggling was, that was just how he was.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Aurelie had a mind to tell him what had been bothering her for the past few days, though she wasn’t sure how to go about that. Since he had made no move to push her from his side, she stayed where she was, head on his shoulder as she thought over what to say. “Have you ever had a girlfriend?” She asked, biting her lip immediately afterwards because she wasn’t sure if that was exactly how she wanted to word what she was thinking. Either way, it was out in the open now, and if things went right, then she would be able to segway into her little problem without seeming to blunt about it. "I need to know, in case some woman comes in here and gets angry with you... for this.” She said, adding a bit of light humor to what she had asked.
Well that was definitely a surprising question, especially the way it was asked. James was used to people asking him if he had a girlfriend, but never asked if he had ever had one. He put it down to a common slip-up, since she didn't seem the kind to belittle him with a comment that would suggest him unable to have ever had a girlfriend. Anyway, as it stood...
"A few, none of them really getting anywhere though." He said with a sigh, "My last serious one was about four years ago, ended then anyway, had been going for nearly five before that. Almost set to get married and move away together, then she just up and left without a word. Always thought it was strange, but it I stayed up every night thinking about it then I'd get nothing done, so... yea, I just say 'whatever' to that." he shrugged.

Five years together, a long time for some, not long enough for others, but he had enjoyed it and never really knew why the woman had left him. Things like that were better not thought of to avoid severe brain damage.
"What about you? I mean obviously you've had boyfriends, but... you have one now?" A bold question on his part, perhaps too bold for him, but said nonetheless.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Aurelie of course didn’t mean for the question to come out the way that it had, and she was glad to know that he wasn’t upset for her having asked him in that way. When the question was asked of her, though, she merely giggled when he assumed that she had boyfriends. “Well… I’ve only had one serious relationship. It ended recently… he didn’t even say he was leaving me, he just… left.” She shrugged her shoulders, “And to think, I was really starting to fall for the guy. He told me that he wanted to go back to France with me, since he was a native of there as well. We were going to live together and I thought it was such a lovely idea. I suppose that plan is thrown in the trashcan, now isn’t it?” Shaking her head, she smiled nonetheless because it didn’t matter anymore. Like she had said, she was falling for him, but that didn’t mean that she actually loved him. The fact that he left with out a word made her feelings for him disappear, so it didn’t matter anymore. Well, now she had been able to tell James what had been on her mind, and now that it was out in the open, she felt loads better.

“So, no… I don’t currently have a boyfriend.” She finished, wrapping her arms around his middle before whispering in his ear. “Meaning I can stay like this and there’s absolutely nothing anyone can do about it.” She giggled, though she knew that the only person that could stop her from being so close to him was James himself.
James nodded and made the right conversational noises, surprised to find out that her situation was much like his had been. A long relationship, plans of moving somewhere, then nothing. Not even a reason to their leaving, but such was life. A talk of lovers past, a roaring fire, arms closing around his mid-what? Well this was a first. Usually it took a cooked meal and hours of him sitting there being talked at for hours on end before he was even offered something, but this was coming too quick. James kept it in his head as a friendly gesture, even as she whispered into his ear and made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up; a warm feeling covering his entire body. It had definitely been some time since that had happened.

He released a slow breath he realised he had been holding since she moved closer; not a sign of discomfort, just surprise and eventual realisation of his situation. Perhaps she meant nothing by it, perhaps she did, either way he was running over a ton of things in his head.
"Everyone is powerless." He said as straight as he possibly could, without his voice shaking or his mannerisms displaying anything other than enjoyment, "Of course if you stayed like that forever, we'd have to get servants to run back and forth with food and drink... might be an interesting idea." James smiled and put his arm gently across her shoulders.
It was starting to hurt having it pushed against him, not that she was applying much pressure but that was how things go, and he figured a little more comfortable position may fit the situation better.
"So... do you think you'll find someone in Barton?" He asked casually, still treating this situation as a friendly one until it came and slapped him in the face.
That was where the true discomfort would start, that was where he'd start to sweat.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
“I doubt it…” Aurelie aid as an answer to his question. James had honestly been the only person that she had talked to lately, so she didn’t see herself getting friendly enough with other men to pursue a relationship or anything like that. With James, it was certainly possible, but she didn’t think that he would want anything of the sort. Besides, they had just become friends and she didn’t want to make him uncomfortable, which she very well could’ve been doing right now, except for the fact that he had placed his arm around her as well.

Perhaps, there was something more to this than she thought.

A million things were flying around in her mind, but she spoke of none of them. “And you, James… do you think you’ll find anyone?” She asked, tilting her head up to look at him, her ocean blue eyes boring into his own. It was simply done because she hadn’t even looked at him during their talk so far, and she wanted to see his face; see his reaction to her questions.
God damn it, James, do something! He almost turned to see if there was anyone speaking to him, that's how clear the thought was. It was almost as if one of his old friends from England had turned up and was pushing him on, a pint of lager or some other crap drink in their hand. Relief swept him as he remembered what it was he left behind; oppressive friends, no girlfriend, a job in decline, and a flat with the rent due. He was glad to have gotten out of it when he did.

In retrospect he had come a long way; a good job, a nice house with places to go nearby, and now a French model getting closer than anyone had since his last relationship. Maybe it was all coming together, or maybe she was there as a visual aid to what could've been. Either way he was happy, and the smile stretched across his face showed it.
"Here, in Barton? The women are all so, erm... Bartony?" James shrugged, yet his arm around Aurelie seemed to tighten slightly, as if he was holding onto her to stop anyone else getting in until he had his shot, "I don't know if I will. I mean, if it happens... but, I mean... erm, y'know. This situation... kinda promising, eh?"
he jogged her in a joking fashion, though his eyes betrayed that he had meant what he said. His gaze meeting hers, his eyes open and revealing despite what he wanted to say.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Aurelie was a big flirt and there was no doubt about it. Being a model, she was used to men draping themselves over her and trying to get her number, though only a select few were lucky enough to get the number to her agent’s office, and they’d be lucky enough to even reach her there. James though, was an excpetion. She didn't flirt with him... the feelings came naturally.

A smile spread its way across her face, and honestly, without trying, she looked like she was about to take a picture in a photo shoot; she was always like that. Being a model was a twenty-four seven job, anyway. “Do you like me?” She asked him all of a sudden, grinning from ear to ear now. It was evident that this was asked a joke, though there was a hint of curiosity in it. Sitting up a bit, she came to rest on his shoulder again, lips right by his ear, “I’m starting to like you…j'espère seulement que vous ressentez la même façon que je le fais, parce que c'est une situation compromettante.” She whispered in his ear, closing her eyes. For some reason, she didn’t want to see his reaction to this at all. Her French was thick, but her voice was soft and she hoped he wouldn't get what she had just said. It would be all too embarassing. Her arms moved up so that they were around his neck, lying there a bit lazily.
"Do you like me?" She said in her voice that was like a constant song to him.
It was practically a mental kick in the nuts though. No, scratch that, maybe a ten tonne truck would've been more fitting. Whatever it was made his head feel like it would explode and the rest of his body was getting hot enough to leak from every pore. He knew it was all because of the current situation, but even so. Then came the French, a language he loved yet could never speak, but that didn't stop him from understand a few words of what was said. It was a strange thing, being able to know most of a language yet never speak a word for fear of getting it wrong and being laughed at, but it was still a thing he had.

James couldn't make out the last of the sentence, though he had got most of the first. Thankfully she started out in English giving him the necessary information to translate the rest. Hell, one of his old friends probably would've been able to figure it out unless they were seeing through a haze of lager.
"Definitely gone straight for it there, eh?" He smiled through it all, even the hairs on the back of his neck as she whispered again, and he could safely say, "I do."
It wasn't like they were getting married, even that would've been too fast for James, but the words still came out naturally as if he were in that situation. Nothing in his eyes or expression said anything about those words being false, meaning they must've been true. James was not a good liar at the best of times, so now he was completely letting go and saying what came naturally.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Aurelie was still smiling as she leaned against him, her eyes still closed as she inhaled and exhaled softly. He had said what she wanted to hear, and she felt like she could melt right then and there. Of all the men she could’ve possibly liked in the whole world, she felt herself attracted to James, the Englishman who had been her first real friend in Barton. Her lips were then pressed against the side of his neck, kissing the flesh softly and gently before pulling away from him. There were no words she could think of to say at the time, but she knew for certain that she was enjoying being in his presence now more than ever. Before he could even react to the kiss she had given him on his neck, she moved in for the big one. Blinking her eyes a bit, she closed them shut before pressing her lips against his own. All her life she had been told that the first kiss could be a sign of what was to come, and she wanted to find out if that was true. If she had been smart, she would’ve learned from her last boyfriend; his kissing was absolutely terrible. Hopefully she wasn't moving too fast for James, but the urge to kiss him had been there for quite some time, and she couldn't help but to act upon that right now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff