Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is it and how many characters does it contain?
Antidisestablishmentarianism.

It means being against the seperation of Church and State. In lamen's terms: It means that you want the Church and Government to operate as one.

Ornate Prophet

6,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
You know the mary poppins movie, and did you know that one really logn made up word used to be in the dictionary?
ShadowloverKin
You know the mary poppins movie, and did you know that one really logn made up word used to be in the dictionary?

supercalifradielisticecsplialidoucious?
ShadowloverKin
um is it that super soemthing something docious
Nemi-sempai
ShadowloverKin

Is it really a word though? Sounds like gibberish to me. I'll try looking it up...
Pikazoom
Nemi-sempai
ShadowloverKin

Is it really a word though? Sounds like gibberish to me. I'll try looking it up...

its the word from the marry poppins film, its not a real word xd
Pikazoom
Nemi-sempai
ShadowloverKin

can't find it in my dictionary
toyboy_tommy
Pikazoom
Nemi-sempai
ShadowloverKin

thats because it IS gibberish. xd
Nemi-sempai
toyboy_tommy
Pikazoom
Nemi-sempai
ShadowloverKin

thats because it IS gibberish. xd
on one of the internet dictonaries it is diffined as: a quote used in the movie 'Mary Poppins'
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. Which is a real word.
Weep is Dead

It means being against the seperation of Church and State. In lamen's terms: It means that you want the Church and Government to operate as one.

That's what I would have said.
xxx
Weep is Dead

^ What she said ^

At least, that was the longest word last time I checked.
Peppermint
You're right, or pretty close to. Antidisestablishmentarianism merely has the most suffixes/prefixes. It's not the longest word.
Weep is Dead

Wrong.

Peppermint

Which is also, once again, wrong.

it is, in fact, floccinaucinihilipil­ification. What's that? Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is longer? Correct. However- it's not classified as a real word. Floccinaucinihilipil­ification is the longest non-medical, non-imaginary, non-chemical word in the English language. Other than that, chemical and medical terms can go on practically non-endingly, due to their systematic naming nature.

[edit]
Proof of this, clocking in at one thousand, one hundred and eighty five letters- The systematic name of the Tobacco Mosaic Virus, Dahlemense Strain.
ACETYL­SERYL­TYROSYL­SERYL­ISO­LEUCYL­THREONYL­SERYL­PROLYL­SERYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­VALYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­LEUCYL­SERYL­SERYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­ALANYL­ASPARTYL­PROLYL­ISOLEUCYL­GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­LEUCYL­ASPARAGINYL­VALYL­CYSTEINYL­THREONYL­SERYL­SERYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMINYL­THREONYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­ALANYL­ARGINYL­THREONYL­THREONYL­GLUTAMINYL­VALYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­SERYL­GLUTAMINYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­LYSYL­PROLYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­GLUTAMINYL­SERYL­THREONYL­VALYL­ARGINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­GLYCYL­ASPARTYL­VALYL­TYROSYL­LYSYL­VALYL­TYROSYL­ARGINYL­TYROSYL­ASPARAGINYL­ALANYL­VALYL­LEUCYL­ASPARTYL­PROLYL­LEUCYL­ISOLEUCYL­THREONYL­ALANYL­LEUCYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL­THREONYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­ASPARTYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ASPARAGINYL­ARGINYL­ISOLEUCYL­ISOLEUCYL­GLUTAMYL­VALYL­GLUTAMYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­SERYL­PROLYL­THREONYL­THREONYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMYL­THREONYL­LEUCYL­ASPARTYL­ALANYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ARGINYL­VALYL­ASPARTYL­ASPARTYL­ALANYL­THREONYL­VALYL­ALANYL­ISOLEUCYL­ARGINYL­SERYL­ALANYL­ASPARAGINYL­ISOLEUCYL­ASPARAGINYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­ARGINYL­GLYCYL­THREONYL­GLYCYL­LEUCYL­TYROSYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­ASPARAGINYL­THREONYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMYL­SERYL­METHIONYL­SERYL­GLYCYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­THREONYL­SERYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­ALANYL­SERINE.
[source = "American Chemical Society's Chemical Abstracts"]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces