Welcome to Gaia! ::

My vote goes for the Elder Scrolls series for PC.

I really like the idea of "What the sword costs 6000 gold? I think I'll just kill you and take it"

oh and yes I actually can climb those mountains in the distance surprised
I'd have to agree, lol. I got Oblivion for the 360.. that game has too much freedom > .x>. I can't get into it..
yeah i could see oblivion as the most freedom, but in the game postal 2, my friend downloaded the demo, now that game has freedom, you only play the first level but you can do anything you want. kill some one take their money, any weapons they are holding, then light them on fire and on top of that pee them out. now if that is not freedom i dont know what it is then. though only the demo it was fun as all hell
Not the biggest fan of Oblivion really but if I were to throw in my two cents it would be World of Warcraft.

Wheezing Gawker

3,450 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
Maybe Fable, but all the "freedom" WAS pretty limited... confused
While the Elder Scroll series does offer a lot of freedom, it's certainly not the most...

So you can kill anyone you want too, GTA offers that too.

Fable comes to mind personally, KOTOR, or Black and White... Take your pick.

Actions play a big part later on in the game, so I feel that said feature offers a bit more freedom.
the game world wise would have to be Daggerfall because the map is approximately 161,600 square Kilometres (63,125 square miles) — roughly twice the size of Great Britain.(as wiki says)
I'd actually have to say GTA: San Andreas. That's lots of freedom, although I'm not a big fan of GTA..

Don't have Oblivion, or a 360, so no clue for that. Heard it's good though, might try it.

Jaws for PS2 was surprisingly pretty free, get to swim around, rip apart divers and whales, boats and cops..

Mario 64 also had alot of freedom. It was pretty sweet to me. But that's cause I like Mario just that much to aimlessly run around and goof off with it. ^^
I will argue that the Elder Scrolls franchise has DEFINED freedom in a game since day one... when they released Elder Scrolls I: Arena. They updated the graphics and added more quests with Elder Scrolls II: Dafferfall. The series completely dominated my mind with ES III: Morrowind... not to mention the first time I played Oblivion, I almost s**t my pants.

These games have THE most open-ended system I've ever seen. You can play a full 20+ hour story line of side-quests, and not even begin to scratch the surface of the game. Usually, games boasting "50+ hours of gameplay!!!" Are including the entire storyline and sidequests... However, you can play Oblivion for hours on end, and be satisfied the entire time... even while travelling you can run into various monsters, and beasts... yet it's balanced enough to where you won't run into minotaurs until at least level 10.

I also agree with the author of the forums... "THe sword costs 6000 gold? ******** that... KILL!" I love it. smile That's one of the most fun parts of the game.

And those saying Fable, make me giggle. In Fable, regaurdless of who saw you do bad/good things, there was always some miraculous spirit that saw it, so you were judged. In Morrowind/Oblivion, the only time people see you as a criminal... is if you get CAUGHT. wink
I'll have to say Oblivion as well. I didn't finish the main quest until about 80 hours in because I didn't really feel like it. Now I'm a wine collector and spend my free time looting ruins and assassinating people with poison apples. Oh, and deer hunting, nothing beats deer hunting with a staff that blows them all up in one shot.
Most freedom would be Morrowind (haven't played Oblivion) and GTA.
Dr-Nooooooooooooooo
I'll have to say Oblivion as well. I didn't finish the main quest until about 80 hours in because I didn't really feel like it. Now I'm a wine collector and spend my free time looting ruins and assassinating people with poison apples. Oh, and deer hunting, nothing beats deer hunting with a staff that blows them all up in one shot.

yeah you can make some good money looting the wine in the castles if you can carry it you can make a crap load of money, and i showed my dad oblivion compared to his hunting game he loves it
L0rdReVan88
Dr-Nooooooooooooooo

yeah you can make some good money looting the wine in the castles if you can carry it you can make a crap load of money, and i showed my dad oblivion compared to his hunting game he loves it

That's great. My friend's dad is addicted to Oblivion as well. It is a good deer hunting simulator, at least for bow hunting. (non sequitur, but a deer hunter almost shot me with a bow one time, thank GOD he had terrible aim).
AynFuuser
Not the biggest fan of Oblivion really but if I were to throw in my two cents it would be World of Warcraft.

When you can kill anyone you want I may agree..Until then I vote for Shadowbane.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff