No, but I know what you're talking about. 0.069444444444444 6.9% [ 5 ]
No, and I have no clue what you're talking about. 0.84722222222222 84.7% [ 61 ]
Total Votes:[ 72 ]
1 2 >

4,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
If I am in the wrong sub forum someone please give me the link to the right one. Thank you!

The Mission:
I am trying to remember the title of a book I read a few semesters ago. I had found it in my college’s library it would most likely be classified as a Sci Fi/Fantasy book. I can not for the life of me remember the title or the author. So I am going to tell you what I remember about the book and see if anyone here on Gaia knows what the heck I am talking about and maybe help me figure out at lest the author.

Details about the book I want to find:
A man is hired by a woman he meets in the woods to protect her or something like that. They go to a wizard/sorcerer to get a potion to change her appearance from the tall beautiful woman she is into a shorter stouter one with darker features such as her hair or skin. They get the potion and she drinks it but it will take some time before it comes into effect. So they buy a room at an inn and she ends up getting drunk because she was trying to keep up with his drinking. He takes her up to the room and she starts to flirt with him and hang on him and when it comes time for the change to happen she doesn’t turn into a woman but an octopus with her tentacles warped around him instead of her arms. He puts her into a tub of water that she tries to crawl out of and gets the sorcerer in there to find out what happens and he tells him that the alcohol she drank messed with the potion and caused that to happen. He has to take her to another guy to get her changed back but he ends up being some evil guy that brain washes her once she is changed back and keeps her at his place and the main guy has to save her from him.

The edition I read was hard back and had a picture of the guy and the woman as the octopus on the front I think. And I think the title might be something like "The ______'s Tale" but that might be dead wrong.

And that ladies and gents is all I can remember. Anyone at all know what the hell I am talking about? If so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! Tell me what you can about it so I can find this book again!

heart heart heart Thank you so much for your time and help! heart heart heart

4,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
heart Reserved heart
That sounds to me like it might be a Discworld book...I have only read a couple of his books, but that seems like it's right up Terry Pratchett's alley 3nodding

Good luck finding it!

Proxy Cat

9,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Big Tipper 100
That book sounds interesting as hell!
Now I wanna read it.
But geewilikers I don't know the title either.

4,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hearsefeathers
That sounds to me like it might be a Discworld book...I have only read a couple of his books, but that seems like it's right up Terry Pratchett's alley 3nodding

Good luck finding it!

Not a Discowrld.

4,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Human Hospitality
That book sounds interesting as hell!
Now I wanna read it.
But geewilikers I don't know the title either.

It is but it's an older book so it might even be out of print. Which won't make it any easier to find.
Aww man, now I want to read it!
What sort of book was it? Young adult? Adult?
For some reason I keep thinking "The Knight's Tale"...but that's because we just finished Chaucer.

8,450 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300
It sounds like the last story from "Unbound" did the woman happen to have the lower body of a goat?

4,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
suki-hiroko
It sounds like the last story from "Unbound" did the woman happen to have the lower body of a goat?

No, she was all human then turned into the octopus.

4,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Gaeriel Solo
What sort of book was it? Young adult? Adult?

I am going to guess it was adult. But nothing really to racy happened.

4,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ravitacus
For some reason I keep thinking "The Knight's Tale"...but that's because we just finished Chaucer.

No, that him. smile

8,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200
I'll try to help you look for it it sounds good

Aged Citizen

I did several google searches, involving the word octopus, and I can't find anything.. I'll keep looking though 'cause it sounds interesting. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff