Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm gonna keep this short, because I'm really tired, and don't want to say anything stupid.

I was happily browsing the GCD today, and noticed more drama than usual. Some of it involving friends of mine. I wont namedrop.

So that got me onto thinking: Have you ever treated someone differently because of who they're friends with? Or automatically decided what someone said was bitchy and biased, simply because you know they're friends with someone on the opposite end of an argument to you?

Discuss:
- Judging people based on who they know.
- Being biased about people in general.
- Bitchyness
- Drama
- Is it possible for the whole of the GCD to just get along one day?

*Sets herself on fire to cancel out the flames she sees coming in the near future*
NO I HATE YOU SO MUCH scream

Kidding of course.

Its summer time, and everyone has enough free time to waste in online soap operas.

Its depressing, more than entertaining to me.

Its like, everyone forgets how to actually be a GCDer, not a prommie-obsessed GDer.
No, although it could be due to the fact that I never bother to seek out who knows who.

The people I know, I don't really notice who's on their friendslist or such~
unless they're on the little 'Friends In Common' or whatever it is thingy on profiles.
C:

User Image
    I'd most certainly pick a better reason to hate someone other than "they're friends with someone I don't like."

That's prolly the lamest and saddest excuse for hating someone I've heard yet.
    Honestly, some people need to grow up.

It doesn't bother me when my friends like someone I don't.
    There's a GCDer I don't like,
    but I'm friends with someone she's really close with.
@Suzie; Omg... I was scared for a minute. Being hated is on my list of 'noooooooooooo' things. It's kinda sad, but you're right. GCDer=NoLife and TooMuchFreeTime? I kinda think so.

@Bomp Pop; It's kinda reassuring to know that at least some people don't care, even if I get other replies from people who do c=
I don't try to label someone with my pre-conceived notions about them. Because unlike labels, people change all the time.
I know certain people have certainly gotten flack for associating with me. While I can deal with it, that's unfair to the other person.
[Ch!ps]
    I'd most certainly pick a better reason to hate someone other than "they're friends with someone I don't like."

That's prolly the lamest and saddest excuse for hating someone I've heard yet.
    Honestly, some people need to grow up.

It doesn't bother me when my friends like someone I don't.
    There's a GCDer I don't like,
    but I'm friends with someone she's really close with.

That's what I was thinking. After all, it's their own business who their other friends are 3nodding

@Pompetti; Labels really really suck.
Not really. I barely know who is friends with who in this place. I have done so in other places though. Sometimes, it's hard not to treat someone differently than you normally would or form some sort of an opinion on them based on who they are friends with because the people that a certain person is friends with can sometimes tell you about someone's personality, considering that you haven't spoken to that person before and haven't gotten a chance to know them personally.

Whole of GCD get along? Never going to happen. People can pretend to get along, but you can normally see through the fake smiles.

I don't think I'd ever do that, unless I also had another reason.
hating someone just 'cause someone else hates them is stupid &unfair.
I wouldn't like someone to do that to me,
so I'd try to not do that to other people.
Strawberry-Bunny Rose
I know certain people have certainly gotten flack for associating with me. While I can deal with it, that's unfair to the other person.

That's what I was thinking. In real life, I still feel bad that some of my friends are hated because of an argument I had with a bunch of stupid girls.

@JT Cool; That's why I try me best not to judge someone without talking to them properly first. Being a hypocrite isn't high on my list of things to do.

@Kaede; Peace and love man.

Sorry if my replies are slow and stupid guys... I should've probably waited until tommorow to post a thread.
sweatdrop
[lllllllll]

<3

I dont usally look at their friends before talking to them.

L3ss Than Three
[lllllllll]

<3

I dont usally look at their friends before talking to them.

That seems to be the general response of most people.
I'm a weirdo who looks at everyone's profile if I'm replying to a thread they've posted in.
sweatdrop
I don't judge people by who they're friends with since I dunno, they might be a nice person but just friends with someone I don't like cause they like the person I hate?

Er.. But, Well I don't really hate anyone so maybe that's why I can't really relate. xD
I don't really care who is friends with who, and I certainly don't judge anyone who is friends with someone I had conflict with. o_o

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff