Welcome to Gaia! ::

Little Miss Trubble
Pompetti
What am I supposed to do? First look at the person and then think nothing about them until I go onto an hour-long conversation with them? First assumptions and judgments are natural, they are a way for us to remember the person when we see them again. Making first judgments are okay, even if they are wrong. What is wrong is if you stick to that first judgment, and never take action to change it or get to know the person better. I make first judgments all the time, but I don't stick to them. After I get to know the person better, my judgment changes according to what I learned about that person.
I suppose. I find it ironic though... because what if someone were to like THIS me, and find out that they really hate the MAIN me?

Why would that happen unless if THAT you is totally different from the MAIN you? Are you lying about your appearance and your personality through your avatar? If not, then there's no reason why the person wouldn't like your main you. Unless if THAT you and the MAIN you are two different people.
Pompetti
Little Miss Trubble
Pompetti
What am I supposed to do? First look at the person and then think nothing about them until I go onto an hour-long conversation with them? First assumptions and judgments are natural, they are a way for us to remember the person when we see them again. Making first judgments are okay, even if they are wrong. What is wrong is if you stick to that first judgment, and never take action to change it or get to know the person better. I make first judgments all the time, but I don't stick to them. After I get to know the person better, my judgment changes according to what I learned about that person.
I suppose. I find it ironic though... because what if someone were to like THIS me, and find out that they really hate the MAIN me?

Why would that happen unless if THAT you is totally different from the MAIN you? Are you lying about your appearance and your personality through your avatar? If not, then there's no reason why the person wouldn't like your main you. Unless if THAT you and the MAIN you are two different people.
No, I think that if someone doesn't know the other person, they might not carry over their pre-conceived opinions or hates, and might like them on the other account, totally oblivious to the whole thing.
(|__/)
(+'.'+)
(" wink _(" wink KisamexItachi <3

Call me genius.
I've already found out her main ♥
But I still love it ♥
(|__/)
(+'.'+)
I want candeh :3 (" wink _(" wink
i try not to make assumptions
Little Miss Trubble
Pompetti
Little Miss Trubble
Pompetti

No, I think that if someone doesn't know the other person, they might not carry over their pre-conceived opinions or hates, and might like them on the other account, totally oblivious to the whole thing.

Then I guess it's a sad fact of life and human nature. People do that all sort of time, categorize other people into boxes and then only see the box instead of the real person inside. It's a reason why people don't want to watch a certain movie because they don't like a certain actor there for some unrelated reason. It's a reason why everyone believes the prom queen is a ditz without actually knowing her or talking to her. I think I know what you're getting here, but if you have met these box-making people, then why try to please them? It's best to ignore these fickle people and hang out with your real friends who would love you no matter what.
Pompetti
Little Miss Trubble
Pompetti
Little Miss Trubble
Pompetti

Then I guess it's a sad fact of life and human nature. People do that all sort of time, categorize other people into boxes and then only see the box instead of the real person inside. It's a reason why people don't want to watch a certain movie because they don't like a certain actor there for some unrelated reason. It's a reason why everyone believes the prom queen is a ditz without actually knowing her or talking to her. I think I know what you're getting here, but if you have met these box-making people, then why try to please them? It's best to ignore these fickle people and hang out with your real friends who would love you no matter what.

That's always solid advice, and I'm by no means abandoning my other self. (Who is lurking over there on Firefox) but sometimes it's nice to have a self that can avoid the B.S. your main self gets.
Angelic Popsicle
(|__/)
(+'.'+)
(" wink _(" wink KisamexItachi <3

Call me genius.
I've already found out her main ♥
But I still love it ♥
(|__/)
(+'.'+)
I want candeh :3 (" wink _(" wink

sssshhhhhh... Quiet you!
Little Miss Trubble
That's always solid advice, and I'm by no means abandoning my other self. (Who is lurking over there on Firefox) but sometimes it's nice to have a self that can avoid the B.S. your main self gets.

Ah, I know exactly what you're saying. Plus, it's interesting to see people and how they react without their pre-conceived notions about you.
Little Miss Trubble
Pompetti
Little Miss Trubble
Pompetti
Little Miss Trubble
Pompetti

So, are you suggesting that people don't like you on your main just because users have been conditioned not to by other people's comments?

If you are, I'd say that you would be right in some cases. Certain users act like sheep and make assumptions based on the views of others. Some of us though, (if we disliked your main for whatever reason), would just see the same traits as the main and either realise who you were, or just dislike you as a separate entity, IMO.

To avoid all the BS altogether, I guess you'd have to change your personality on the secondary account.
The Mysterious Mr. X
Little Miss Trubble
Pompetti
Little Miss Trubble
Pompetti

So, are you suggesting that people don't like you on your main just because users have been conditioned not to by other people's comments?

If you are, I'd say that you would be right in some cases. Certain users act like sheep and make assumptions based on the views of others. Some of us though, (if we disliked your main for whatever reason), would just see the same traits as the main and either realise who you were, or just dislike you as a separate entity, IMO.

To avoid all the BS altogether, I guess you'd have to change your personality on the secondary account.
I'm not saying that that holds true for me nessisarily, but I'm sure it happens.
People get pre-conceived notions about people due to what others think, and some judge based on superficialities or misunderstandings.
User Image
When I see a girl wearing one of the new string bikinies I think "Stupid whore, she's just looking for someone to cyber with. ¬___¬" unless they matched it with a bunch of cool items and made a good avatar with it, then I admire that person.

Every time I go in the rallies i'm greeted by the unpleasant sight of a "gangsta". There's always some black kid avatar wearing the baggy starter clothes and a red/blue bandana. I think to myself "Guuuh. How many gangstas on Gaia are there anyway? >o<"

I'm not racist or anything like that, I just think bringing gangs to Gaia is retarded.

Oh, oh! One time I was talking to someone on the rallies and we were talking about the bloods and the crips. I was like "Are the bloods vampires and the crips zombies?" as a joke, and some ghetto girl was like "naw shawty da bloods and da crips r gangs" I thought it was funny that she thought it was a serious question. xD

But yeah, back on topic. One thing you can always count on in the GCD is seeing rich avatars that are well dressed and have excellent themes and colour schemes. That's one of the reasons I love you, GCD. *huggles*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff