Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
So the whole mod application. I clicked on it, and got the most lovely message I have ever come across.

"we've reached the maximum number of applicants!
We are no longer accepting new applications."

In other words. Sucks to be you. neutral
It's not a death sentence. There's always a chance in the near future when new spots open up again.

Eloquent Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Pompetti
It's not a death sentence. There's always a chance in the near future when new spots open up again.
Still. Not cool. I seriously wanted to apply.

Not cool at all.
T a c h i k o
Pompetti

Not cool at all.

Not cool but, fact many of us are facing.
They said they wouldn't be starting to review the current applications until later during the day, and I'm sure by the time the week is over plenty will have been rejected.

Then we can all scramble and fight over the opened spots.

I'd better get my wand ready.
T a c h i k o
Pompetti

Not cool at all.

Who knows, try again tomorrow and you might get an application in. I seriously doubt all 100 applicants are qualified for this job. In the meantime, keep filling out reports and keep your records clean. You don't know who's keeping their eye on you.

Besides, it's not like you become a mod like *snap*. Even after the application process, there is a long review process that takes a really long time to go over. You have to have patience both ways.

Eloquent Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Aveykin
T a c h i k o
Pompetti

Not cool at all.

Not cool but, fact many of us are facing.
They said they wouldn't be starting to review the current applications until later during the day, and I'm sure by the time the week is over plenty will have been rejected.

Then we can all scramble and fight over the opened spots.

I'd better get my wand ready.

:3

I hope, I get a chance to apply. The GD needs me. (Lol, joke.)
o.o I thought they could only review 100 at a time

I don't know how many mods they are actually accepting
Yeah, I'd say just stay optimistic and work hard... and keep an eye out for when they reopen the applications. Like others have said, the first 100 is just that, the first 100. They're likely not all going to be accepted, and it was stated that as they go through them, they will accept more applications.

100 applications is a lot to go through, if they didn't cap it off the admins would have *way* more to sift through, as well. The way I see it, it probably also helps discourage people who aren't really serious about applying, also.
Truly, that's just how life goes. People saw the add, and the faster readers where able to punch in their info before everyone else. But remember, the admins aren't going to admit just anyone. They'll probably sift through them pretty quickly and be ready to accept more applications in the future.

As for me, I'm off to the coast for a few days, so I'll be checking to see if there are any spots open when I get back. I think it'd be kinda fun to be a Moderator. Sure it's not an actual playing job, but knowing you can help lighten the load on your fellow moderators is a reward in itself (self- confidence, self-esteem, etc.). And the bonus gold doesn't hurt, their. pirate
So I was on gaia before dinner. Last post at 4:56pm gaia time.

Message was posted at 4:02 according to the forum thingy. Nothing new poped up near my avatar, nor did I see red font on the forum page, so I'm not sure what is up with that.

Eat dinner, take my dog for a walk, come back at 6:00pm gaia time.

New announcement. Click link. "We are no longer acceptiing...."

Sucks to be you non-western hemisphere people. You don't even get a reasonable shot. rofl

Perfect Citizen

About 98.9% of gaia got that message so dont feel down.

Eloquent Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Seriously. 90% of gaia or so maybe actually reads the announcements, and maybe 80% or so is going to apply.

The vast, VAST majority of which will not be eligible, and it'll probably be something as simple as not being a legal adult in the US (18 years or older) that knocks most of them out.

Because the little kids aren't going to know enough about how things work in the real world to figure out how gaia is checking the info and disqualifying them.

And those that won't? Won't be applying.

...>>

I wonder if they're gonna ask for SSN... question

Eloquent Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Kai_Arrein
Seriously. 90% of gaia or so maybe actually reads the announcements, and maybe 80% or so is going to apply.

The vast, VAST majority of which will not be eligible, and it'll probably be something as simple as not being a legal adult in the US (18 years or older) that knocks most of them out.

Because the little kids aren't going to know enough about how things work in the real world to figure out how gaia is checking the info and disqualifying them.

And those that won't? Won't be applying.

...>>

I wonder if they're gonna ask for SSN... question
Actually, considering they only accepted 100 applications, i would say that 00.03% got to apply out of the total users. surprised

Also, I really really doubt they will ask for SSN since there are users who are international applying as well.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Man, I got that Announcement Alert an hour after it was posted. ):
I just wanted to check out the application just to see what the questions were,
But I didn't want to actually apply. xD
Quite a few of my friends were pretty disappointed though.

3,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
well I did want to apply as well. but I think that they will more than likely look into the people that already did and have more seats. I mean, not all 100 will get in. they want people who will keep their head up during hard times. I know that it will take time for them to find someone that will not take that job as a "I'm almighty KISS MY FEET". which I am afraid alot of those applicants are..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff