Good afternoon, Gaians. This is Cindy Donovinh reporting for Gaia 9 Action News.

Over the past week, a mysterious rivalry has gripped Gaia. Edmund, owner of the high-class retail shop H.R. Wesley, has reportedly been soliciting Gaians for donations of garlic and black orchids. Why he needs these plants is unclear, but he insists that his work is of great importance to the future of Gaia.

Gaia 9 Action News has obtained a copy of the message that Edmund sent out last week:

Quote:
Hello, friend.

I'm sorry to contact you like this, but I must be discreet. I need your help with an urgent matter that could change the course of Gaian history. Please meet me in my shop in Durem as soon as you can.

Many thanks,
Edmund

P.S.- You must tell no one of this message. Secrecy is essential.

Click here to visit Edmund.

Matters were further complicated when many Gaians received a message from the Von Helson sisters, once the richest women in all of Gaia. Most people believed that the sisters were killed when the Tower of Gambino collapsed on their mansion, but after years of silence, they've now returned to rebuild their fortune.

Whether their sudden reappearance has anything to do with Edmund's secret project is unknown, but rumors persist that the Von Helsons' pleas for gold are a direct attempt to prevent Gaians from funding Edmund's research.

Gaia 9 Action News has obtained a copy of the Von Helsons' letter:

Quote:
You might not remember us, but we used to be a pretty big deal around here. We were the hottest socialites on Gaia, until that sleazy old fool Johnny Gambino knocked down our beautiful house with us inside. We nearly died!

What kind of a monster would try to kill a couple of sweet, innocent girls like us? We recovered from our gruesome injuries, but now we're homeless and alone. We're scared that that evil, ugly, horrible man might try to hurt us again. You wouldn't let him hurt us, would you?

If you want to help a couple of helpless girls get back on their feet, come talk to us. We'd just love it if you could help us. Pretty please?

Please come see us in secret...

Click here to visit the Von Helsons.

Following these messages, some tensions have arisen between followers of the Von Helson sisters and friends of Edmund. While nobody knows where this rivalry started or toward what it might be building, Gaia 9 Action News has received a tip that new information will come to light this afternoon.

Check out Gaia's Secret Message storyline page, where new manga pages will be revealed gradually over the next several hours!

If you missed the original quest, you can click the links in the quoted messages above to talk to Edmund and the Von Helsons.