Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok, my parents are getting divorced for some stupid reason. Now I have to choose to either live w/my Mom in Arizona or I can choose to stay here in Florida with my Dad. The problem is that it's really hard for me to choose and I don't want to hurt their feelings. And lately I've been so angry and depressed that I'm taking it out on myself by cutting. cry I know that you guys may not be able to help me choose between my mom and dad but could anyone give advice oon how to stop cutting???
Cutting is not the way to go. If you really must rely on something to "take the pain away" try antidepresants that can be perscribed by a psychiatrist. When you want to cut, find something else to do. No one can tell you how to stop. If you wanted badly enough to stop, you would be able to; just don't do it.
Its not your fault so you shouldn't be takeing it out on yourself
vistation rights i say
Im really sorry about your parents, its happened to many of my friends but never me so I cannot tell you I feel your pain. The best thing to do when your burdened with something that huge sometimes its hard to even try to calm and forget about it but I would reccommend a specail and close friend to talk to. If you are resorting to cutting yourself let me tell you, its not the answer/only way. I know me saying this may not make a ounce of difference but believe me, you will be just fine. Quite a few of my firends have turned out perfect in their own way from this sort of life.

I cant tell you whether its best for you to live with your mother or father and if I was burderned with that choice I would have great difficulty in choosing.
threaten your parents with suicide itll work
Find something to do that blocks the habit like pinching yourself or avoid a room if that's where you always cut yourself.
I know I already PMed you with this, but I'll post it here in your thread.

Just remember that your parents relationship problems are not your own. Seperate yourself from it as much as you can. And if it were, I would stay with my father since he's not moving. Then you get to finish up school with all your friends, in your same school, and not have to worry about switching things or starting late in the game. And you can go and spend the entire summer and vacations with your mom. That way you're still spending the same amount of time with both and you don't have to choose.

I've been there before sweetie. Just know that cutting yourself and hurting yourself isn't going to change what's going on. All it will do is scar you for life because of other people's mistakes.

Keep your chin up. You'll get through it. heart
NJ_Sk8er_713
Ok, my parents are getting divorced for some stupid reason. Now I have to choose to either live w/my Mom in Arizona or I can choose to stay here in Florida with my Dad. The problem is that it's really hard for me to choose and I don't want to hurt their feelings. And lately I've been so angry and depressed that I'm taking it out on myself by cutting. cry I know that you guys may not be able to help me choose between my mom and dad but could anyone give advice oon how to stop cutting???

I'm glad you've decided to stop cutting. Last thing we need in this world is another emo.

My parents divorced when I was three. I'd go with the one you get along more with and who you like more. I'm sure who ever you choose will let you see the other parent if you ask. I live with my mom because I get along with her.
I used to cut. Instead of cutting, I now write poetry. That, or I express myself through my drawings. Anything that will help you release your feelings in the form of words or visualization is very helpful.

I hope my advice works for you!
manillarr
Cutting is not the way to go. If you really must rely on something to "take the pain away" try antidepresants that can be perscribed by a psychiatrist. When you want to cut, find something else to do. No one can tell you how to stop. If you wanted badly enough to stop, you would be able to; just don't do it.

Yeah great idea Manillarr. Put the girl on antidepressants. Seriously, Don't go on antidepressants especially if you haven't tried therapy or counseling. It's obvious to me your just upset about the divorce and talking about it and learning to not feel guilty will make you feel alot better in the long run. If you can talk to your parents about how your feeling. If they're fighting is harmful to you, they will realize it and hopefully will tell you that none of this is your fault.
Hmmm.....cutting. That's a big problem that I have myself. I used to do it alot, and I have scars on my wrist. But I don't do it often anymore. It only occurs when I'm totally depressed and don't know what to do. My reasons are far worse that divorcing parents though. Don't get me wrong, I know that is a hard thing to deal with. I have had traumatic experiences as a child. I still deal with some today. Cutting is a habit that I can't stop. Believe me, you don't want to get wrapped up in this.
find something else to occupy your time..... like a hobby or something
NJ_Sk8er_713
oh please don't do that suiside is not the way to go i don't know what to do but I tryed
Cutting is bad, I'd suggest that you don't. Hmmm..... about the divorce situation, maybe you'll just have play favorites and go with the one you feel closer with.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff