Welcome to Gaia! ::

im having trouble trying to get a basic drum track down for D&B.

I understand the whole syncopation thing, kick snare kick snare off beat but i cant make it "come alive" i dont really know any hihat timings or what types of snares to use to get a good sound.

im trying to emulate aphrodite, or london elektricity. anything that has a very fluid drum line

It would really help if someone could pick apart this track or this one and tell me whats going on it, ands whats the bpm (i think around 175-180?).
Are you a beginning drummer? Well, a basic drum track has the bass drum on 1 and 3, and snare on 2 and 4. The beat in your track is a little different, but still pretty simple. (and much faster!) What exactly are you asking for?
koala-sniper
Are you a beginning drummer? Well, a basic drum track has the bass drum on 1 and 3, and snare on 2 and 4. The beat in your track is a little different, but still pretty simple. (and much faster!) What exactly are you asking for?

no actually ^^ i use a fantom x6 and reason, should have said that..

i know its kick snare kick snare but if you listen theres like 3 different snares on weird timings between bass and eq'd snare that give it that "flowing" sound. as well as hihats, and i dont know else.

im an extremely visual person, if anyone has a simple d&b track in a matrix that would be great..
Bump for the night (going to bed)
dang, no response?
well for me.. the song is rather complicated..it sounded like the beats were not really "live".. it's like.. artificiall.. you know those sounds recorded on an electric piano...^^

i can hear that the hihat plays continuously.. and there are some rolling on the snare.. it's hard to do it with only two hands.. you need a bunch...^^

well.. that's in my point of view..^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces