Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's tough dealing with a death, in any sense. A while back, I found one of my close Gaian friends lived reletively close to me. We met up and have been super bestfriends ever since.

Until today, that is. I learned from his family that he had lukemia. He was kind of under the weather for a few days, but what I didn't know was that he went braindead late last night. He died in the hospital early this after noon. I never imagined this would happen to him and I'm really broken up about it.

I'll miss you, Jake Dillinger.

So, GCD, I ask you; How do you think you'd take it if you found a close Gaian friend died almost suddenly? Whether you knew them in real life or not, how would it make you feel?

[EDIT:] While I appreciate the condolences, I feel it's not appropriate for a discussion thread. Or to be directed towards me, as I wasn't a close member of his family. I'd really just like it if everyone discussed this as if nothing was wrong. sweatdrop

Jake Dillianger died?
R!nalda

Jake Dillianger died?

He did, but I really would like if you discussed something. sad

Jeering Phantom

25,200 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
I've never had a Gaian friend die. o.o A close Gaia-friend DISAPPEARS a lot, but that's it! If he died, I'd prolly cry all over the forums. ;-;
Are you being serious?

EDIT: That's terrible! (Sorry, I was in shock a little.) I've never had a RL friend die, but I remember when Chiharu died and everyone wore white for a week. It was so sad.
I'm a denial type of person. If it's online, I usually just tell myself that it's a joke. Offline, I have to see a newspaper article to believe it, and even then I don't really accept it. So if I found out someone online or on Gaia died, I'd probably be reluctant to believe it.

Jake being one of the more recognizable faces in the GCD, it's kind of hard to believe that he's gone. But either way, may he rest in peace.
User Image

Whoa... Jake's gone? That's extremely saddening. While the only attention he paid me was just to flame, he was still one of the most recognizable faces in the GCD for me...

I think I'm gonna cry now... emo

User Image
Im so sorry.

But no, none of my friends on gaia passed away.

What was his username?

Fluffy Friend

25,090 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Generous 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
*gape* Jake? Seriously? eek

I haven't had any close Gaia friends die, but I've lost touch with several. gonk
|| I...knew Jake Dillinger on Gaia....Wow...I also had a Gaian friend die recently. He committed suicide neutral He was having a hard time with his life. It really upset me to know someone I knew pretty well would be so drastic like that. ||

Eloquent Bloodsucker

My friend moved away from me, about 10 minute drive from my house and started a new highschool. We didn't really keep in contact after since we were both busy with school until I heared she had a relapse in ehr cancer and I went to visit her in the hospital.. then we again didn't talk until her mom called saying she died ;-;

We were only 16. In 10th grade. I was sooo sad I could not stop crying.

I will always miss Natasha.

We used to play dolls and loved anime! crying

When I was 5 my cousin accidently shot our friend. They were both like preteens. It was only 2 houses away from where I was too.. All we heared was a gun shot then they said he was dead and they got police and ambulances. they found our friend's dads gun.. and din't know it was loaded.
...Jake? I'm so sorry, Mika.

On topic, I've naver actually had a friend die, or even quit for that matter...I think one may have black-listed me though...
I always wondered what would happen in that situation. My friends on Gaia are my friends outside of Gaia as well. I invest time in speaking to them through aim, phone, letters, whatever. The dissapointing part of that is that one may never know when someone over internet has passed on. It's kind of sad.

Invisible Exhibitionist

42,475 Points
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I remember back when Lord Shishio died. I wasn't a Helper then, but I was still upset hearing about an actual moderator having died. ;-;

Invisible Friend

o_O Wow, Dillinger died?

._. I feel really bad to see someone expire like that, and I didn't even get to know him either.

To be truthful, I liked Admired him. >.>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces