Are you a?

fan? 0.2851445663011 28.5% [ 2002 ]
hater? 0.32915539096995 32.9% [ 2311 ]
neutral? 0.28144139011537 28.1% [ 1976 ]
Edward is teh HOT 0.10425865261359 10.4% [ 732 ]
Total Votes:[ 7021 ]

Wicked Ruu
Austierra
Alright. I'm switching my lurking mode off, and actually write something.

One thing that I did not like while reading that interview, was this:

SM: Bella's character was entirely developed in the initial dream that started it all. I think she has a few things in common with my own teenage self-the same sarcastic internal voice, the same shyness and wobbly self-confidence, and a few physical similarities, but in other ways she's a much better person than I was. I wish I would have known someone like her when I was seventeen. She would have been a good person to be friends with.

--------------------

That first sentence... it just irks me. How could she know Bella's full personality just from that dream? What Meyer should have really said is that Bella is basically Stephenie Meyer's teen form. Argh..

It certainly would have made her sound a little bit more professional (for lack of better word) if she had said that, rather than "it came from a dream lol."
I said my thing about unconscious thoughts a few pages back, but even after saying that, I still don't see how an entire character could have been concocted and developed in one dream. Then again, that could just be me. Maybe that dream was more clear than others.

You took the words right out of my mind. surprised I've never had dreams as clear or meaningful as Stephenie portrays hers to be. Why, I had a dream about my characters a while back and they were searching for sandals in a big pile of dirty shoes. *sigh* Can't she see that she should AVOID self-insertion? n__n

But, Bella doesn't have much of a personality. She's either worshiping Edward or complaining that Edward isn't there for her to worship. D;<

Aekea Scarface

Dream Moods Dictionary from dreammoods.com
To see a vampire in your dream, symbolizes seduction and sensuality, as well as fear and death. The vampire represents contrasting images of civilized nobility and aggression/ferocity. It may depict someone in your waking life whose charm may ultimately prove harmful. Deep down inside you know that this person is bad for you, yet you are still drawn to it. Vampires also sometimes relate to decisions about sex and losing your virginity. Alternatively, to see a vampire suggests that you are feeling physically or emotionally drained. The vampire may also be symbolic for someone who is addicted to drugs or someone in an obsessive relationship.

To see green grass in your dream, suggests that there is a part of yourself that you can always rely on. The dream is also symbolic of natural protection.

To see a pond in your dream, represents tranquility and desire for more quiet time to yourself. It is a time to reflect on your situation and what is going on in your life. Alternatively, it suggests that you keep your feelings contained and in check. You are experiencing and emotional calm in your life.

To dream that you are running away from someone, indicates an issue that you are trying to avoid. You are not taking or accepting responsibility for your actions. In particular, if you are running from an attacker or any danger, then it suggests that you are not facing and confronting your fears.

To dream that you are cold, indicates that you are experiencing a breakthrough in some area in your life. Alternatively, you may be feeling isolated. You sense of coldness could reflect your feelings about that person. The dream may also occur as a result of your immediate environment in which you are really feeling cold.

To see colorful flowers in your dream, signifies kindness, compassion, gentleness, pleasure, beauty, and gain. It is also symbolic of perfection and spirituality. Your dream may be an expression of love, joy and happiness. Alternatively, flowers may denote a particular time or season. If the flowers are white, then it symbolizes sadness.

To dream of a kiss, denotes love, affection, tranquility, harmony, and contentment. To see others kissing in your dream, suggests that you are too involved in their personal lives and relationship. You need to give them some space. If the dream ends just about you are about to kiss someone, indicates that you are unsure of how he or she really feels about you. You are looking for some sort of relationship with this person but you are not sure about how to go about achieving it. If you are heterosexual and you dream that you are kissing someone of the same sex, then it represents self-acceptance. You are acknowledging the feminine or masculine side.
So. my mom brought up a point in Twilight I hadn't really thought about. It's a small town. So shouldn't someone else have figured out what the Cullens are, or at least noticed that they're not normal? And shouldn't there be reports of mutilated animal carcasses? Why hasn't any one else questioned the strange habits the Cullens have?

She was also very angry that Bella would promise Jacob she wouldn't tell any one about the story her told her, but then told Edward almost immediately after.

My mom's pretty much becoming an anti.

Aekea Scarface

Chaotic Fire
So. my mom brought up a point in Twilight I hadn't really thought about. It's a small town. So shouldn't someone else have figured out what the Cullens are, or at least noticed that they're not normal? And shouldn't there be reports of mutilated animal carcasses? Why hasn't any one else questioned the strange habits the Cullens have?

She was also very angry that Bella would promise Jacob she wouldn't tell any one about the story her told her, but then told Edward almost immediately after.

Tell your mom I think she's awesome. surprised
Chaotic Fire

Didn't she portray pretty much everyone in Forks to be kind of, well, ignorant or idiotic? For one thing, it shows that Stephenie doesn't take clear logic in her books and I bet you if anyone asks her these kind of questions, it would go like this.

Stephenie: The Cullen family has MANY ways to hide things. *suggestive eyebrow waggle*
Everyone with a brain: *facepalm*
Austierra

Didn't she portray pretty much everyone in Forks to be kind of, well, ignorant or idiotic? For one thing, it shows that Stephenie doesn't take clear logic in her books and I bet you if anyone asks her these kind of questions, it would go like this.

Stephenie: The Cullen family has MANY ways to hide things. *suggestive eyebrow waggle*

Meyer loves antagonizing anyone that's too mundane and un-pretty. Gosh, that's why Bella hates that awful preppy Jessica and that oily, pimply Eric. God, it's not like they have feelings compared to the gleaming Adonis-reincarnate that is Edward~ heart

-goes to wash mouth out with soap-
PureIridescence
Austierra

Meyer loves antagonizing anyone that's too mundane and un-pretty. Gosh, that's why Bella hates that awful preppy Jessica and that oily, pimply Eric. God, it's not like they have feelings compared to the gleaming Adonis-reincarnate that is Edward~ heart

And the funny thing is, Meyer's not exactly model-gorgeous either. Sure, she looks pretty good for a middle-aged woman, but she certainly shouldn't act so superior to unattractive people.

Shameless Lover

9,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
Ugh x.x I'm reading The Host now on my Palm, and it's just making me sick. I'm so frustrated with it because it seems so terrible. Her characters lack depth, their motivations are completely based around plot rather than personality, and because of this even the other characters are surprised at their actions and can't make sense of it. The Plot so far has been pretty much incognito. Which is not to say that it isn't there, just that she set up the main plot with it's conflict and characters and introduced it, and now instead of following through with the plot, it's as if she's sat the main plot on the back burner to follow some sub plot of thats Deeply drenched in romance that makes Absolutely NO sense! It's like she said "Okay, this is the conflict, these are the characters, everyone shake hands. Now forget about that we're going to talk about this subplot that doesn't have much to do with any of the crap I just threw at you, and in the end it's probably not going to help the main plot at all but you won't care because it's TRUE LOVE!" evil
AHA! I've been looking forever for this comic its like 2 years old but it relates a lot to how I believe Meyer came up with Twilight and how it reads like a 13 year old school girl wrote it on a whim. It was like "YES! High School romance with supermodel hot hot hot popular kid!...no wait...AN ENTIRE FAMILY OF THEM!!!...nah that's kinda boring especially for 500 pages...oh wait! MAKE THEM VAMPIRES! aw heck, throw some werewolves in there too, PARTAY!!!"

It feels as if Meyer was trying to fulfill some kind of dream through the writing. She originally said it was just a dream journal entry she quickly typed down so she wouldn't forget it. Sure embellish on it, heck who cares, but DON'T try to publish it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111 It is not meant for the masses crying

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
edit: the image is being funky, here's the link to the comic page: http://nosesoptional.comicgenesis.com/d/20060206.html

Shameless Lover

9,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
HardcoreLollipop
AHA! I've been looking forever for this comic its like 2 years old but it relates a lot to how I believe Meyer came up with Twilight and how it reads like a 13 year old school girl wrote it on a whim. It was like "YES! High School romance with supermodel hot hot hot popular kid!...no wait...AN ENTIRE FAMILY OF THEM!!!...nah that's kinda boring especially for 500 pages...oh wait! MAKE THEM VAMPIRES! aw heck, throw some werewolves in there too, PARTAY!!!"

It feels as if Meyer was trying to fulfill some kind of dream through the writing. She originally said it was just a dream journal entry she quickly typed down so she wouldn't forget it. Sure embellish on it, heck who cares, but DON'T try to publish it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111 It is not meant for the masses crying

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hence my Anti-twilight slogan:

Twilight: Cause everyone should share their wet dreams.

Distinct Nerd

6,800 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Chaotic Fire

I have wondered that EXACT thing myself.
Tell your mom that she should contribute her thoughts when she's finished razz

Edit: @Lollipop: XXD Oh my god, that looks like me~!
rofl rofl
Kind of. I used to wear my hair in braids like that all the time.
Has anyone here ever read a book called The Town That Forgot How To Breath, by Kenneth J. Harvey?

I got it a while ago and am just getting around to it. I trust the judgement of the people here over most places, so I thought I'd ask.
Anime_Lover1
Has anyone here ever read a book called The Town That Forgot How To Breath, by Kenneth J. Harvey?

I got it a while ago and am just getting around to it. I trust the judgement of the people here over most places, so I thought I'd ask.

Oh man, I bought that book a while ago but never really got around to reading it fully. I've only read a few pages so I can't really say but it seems good so far.

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
Pink Haired Fran
PureIridescence
Austierra

And the funny thing is, Meyer's not exactly model-gorgeous either. Sure, she looks pretty good for a middle-aged woman, but she certainly shouldn't act so superior to unattractive people.

Though since her books became popular, she looks like she has gained 30-40 pounds.
I'm watching this show on t.v right now. Not really a big budget show, and it's about random creepy supernatural things. It's called "Tales From The Darkside."

Anyways, the episode i'm watching has a writer in the opening scene is writing about vampires. He's reading aloud his latest work. His proof reader suddenly tells him to stop, saying that he had used the same technquie to kill other vampires in eariler pages.

The writer argues that he has no other ways to kill the vampires in his book, in which the proof reader lists off other ways. The writer waves off her help. Then at one moment the writer says he writes this stuff for the money.

For some reason the name "Stephenie Meyer" came to my mind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff