Yay!! 0.275 27.5% [ 22 ]
Booooo!! 0.0125 1.2% [ 1 ]
No. *boot to the head* Yes. 0.0875 8.8% [ 7 ]
Wait, this place is still alive!? 0.225 22.5% [ 18 ]
Cookies and gold for everybody! 0.4 40.0% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 80 ]

Invisible Browser

That sounds... quite chaotic.

I just hate how mid-season breaks are becoming the new trend with most popular shows.
That scheduling is pretty messed up...

So... TURTLES!!! *Fangirl squee!* Just saw it a second time today and it was a lot of fun! I was really worried about how they were going to do things, but I think it turned out more than decently heart The only thing I'm on the fence about is Splinter's character design... I wish they had made his face a little fuzzier, and they missed one of my favorite ratty features- the thin blue rim around their eyes... Otherwise he was pretty awesome!
Completely fried my brain by doing a double-feature of that move and Guardians of the Galaxy today (Also way way awesome!)

Invisible Browser

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night.
Very, very good. I still refuse to go see the new TMNT though. It looks and sounds too much like Transformers, and I think Michael Bay needs to take a break, or focus only on transformers stuff, because when you start cross-contaminating things like that, it's bad. xD From what I've heard about the new movie, they aren't teenage, they aren't mutant, they aren't ninjas, and they aren't turtles. So...

I'm definitely not paying to see it. But I'll watch it at some point once it's floating around the internet.

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I think I want to see Guardians of the Galaxy. I just have to either convince Dad to take me, or get somebody to drop me off at the theater. Demi is not taking the bus.

-makes a rude noise at Michael Bay-

So, yesterday was Vetinari-rat's last day on the amoxicillin. His feet have not improved. They haven't gotten any worse either, though. If I could just get him to stay on the fleece...

Devout Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
College starts today.
I can't sleep.
Yay.

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Did you all hear about Robin Williams?

Timid Roisterer

Yeah. Kind of a downer note to end my convention vacation on. ><

Invisible Browser

I loved Robin Williams as a voice actor. :[

Demonic Protector

7,525 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
well I look forward to the new ninja turtles movie. haven't seen the guardians of the galaxy yet. very sad to read about robin Williams, he was my absolute favorite actor ever.
Jigstraw
I saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night.
Very, very good. I still refuse to go see the new TMNT though. It looks and sounds too much like Transformers, and I think Michael Bay needs to take a break, or focus only on transformers stuff, because when you start cross-contaminating things like that, it's bad. xD From what I've heard about the new movie, they aren't teenage, they aren't mutant, they aren't ninjas, and they aren't turtles. So...

I'm definitely not paying to see it. But I'll watch it at some point once it's floating around the internet.

Actually, they are all of those things (and are very very teenage at some moments!), and as far as I can tell, Bay didn't do all that much aside from giving them money to do it. They actually had Eastman, one of the original creators of the series on board with them, and while they redid the origin story a bit, they did it in a way that makes a whole heck of a lot of sense. I think a lot of why people are unhappy with it is that they're expecting something more along the lines of the goofy and chipper 80's cartoon and previous live-action films, when with this version they went more off of the more intense original comic and the 90's cartoon (The one with the supremely terrible opening song)

Invisible Browser

Jana Lyneu
Actually, they are all of those things (and are very very teenage at some moments!), and as far as I can tell, Bay didn't do all that much aside from giving them money to do it. They actually had Eastman, one of the original creators of the series on board with them, and while they redid the origin story a bit, they did it in a way that makes a whole heck of a lot of sense. I think a lot of why people are unhappy with it is that they're expecting something more along the lines of the goofy and chipper 80's cartoon and previous live-action films, when with this version they went more off of the more intense original comic and the 90's cartoon (The one with the supremely terrible opening song)
I was a bit misinformed. I remember hearing that Michael Bay originally wanted to make them aliens when they started working on the film, which would mean they weren't mutants or turtles. xD
Yeah, luckily he was distracted by Transformers, so he let the people who actually know and love the series to make it 3nodding

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Oh boy. It turns out I have expensive taste in lamps as well as in clothing.

The lamp currently occupying my bedside table is older than I am. I'm kind of scared to try using a newfangled light bulb in it, and I don't think you can actually get incandescent bulbs anymore.

Anyway. I'm specifically looking for a lamp that gives off purple light (by way of a purple shade or glass or whatever), because... because I'm terrible. And I keep gravitating toward these fancy-looking metal-and-glass ones that are $150+.

I have yet to find a visually appealing purple lamp that is within my price range. Why?!
What about getting a light with a clear shade and fitting a lighting gel over it? Did a quick look on amazon and they have those in many shades of purple for less than $2.

Timid Roisterer

I was startled just now by the sound of what I thought was somebody scratching at my back yard screen door.

Turns out it wasn't actually the door being scratched at, just a cricket that sounds like screeching metal. It is mildly unnerving.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff