Welcome to Gaia! ::

He thought of just jumping down to the ground but decided climbing down would be better at this point. He could sense the dragon man nowhere near them and he didn't want to cause any more trauma to the girl then he already had by jumping. After a short climb, then reached the ground and slowly he lowered the woman to her feet.
I groaned, taking a few steps and then falling forward onto my hands and knees. My shame only grew and I kept myself hidden behind the curtain of my shining, sapphire hair. "Thanks..." //I guess.// I whispered hoarsely, my throat sore from the water and I continued to cough slightly. I hated being in debt to people, and hated having to interact with them even more. yet even then I found it possible to be polite.
"Are you going to be ok?" He asked, squeezing some water out of his shirt then shaking his head to dry his hair a bit. "We should get going... He might catch up to us quickly..."
I was sore anda glance at my hands told me that I was in no shape to use a weapon, but I said nothing and didn't give them away. I normally didn't enjoy calling attention to myself, but I felt moreso with this man.

"yes, I'm fine." I pushed myself up and stretched, trying not to hurt my muscles anymore than they already had. I felt conflictive about this man. He first picks me up like a pack of potatoes and throws me down the same, then tricks me into a freezing tidal river of death to free fall...but he was very kind, if not in voice then in his eyes. "I'd gladly like to put distance between the dragon and myself." I muttered, glancing over my shoulder while strapping my sword to my waist once more.

I tore a strip of cloth from my shirt and tied my hair back into a tight knot, hating to have it get in the way - or cause me other trouble. Like the man I had first encountered this morning.
He let out a soft sigh and stepped closer to her. "I'm sorry about that... I know I was a bit... rough... But I needed to get you away from him." Gently he pulled the girl back up onto his back without even asking her and he started walking away from the waterfall.
I wanted to strangle him, and from my position I could do it with ease...but another part of me didn;t want to strangle him and that voice was yelling loudest so I listened and di nothing but hold onto him, trying not to get the blood from my hands on him as it began to ooze from my wounds once more. "I hate to be a burden...if we find a camp soon, you won't have to worry about me anymore and go on your merry way without me.." I tried to sound confident but my strength was leaving me and so was the firmness with which I always had present in my voice. //Just don't get the blood on him...if he's got the time to waste on you, the least you could do is not soil him with your sins...//
He walked her deep into the forest. It was already getting quite dark. When he found a small clearing, he set her down gently near a tree and began making a small fire. He said nothing to her as he made the fire and cleaned up the clearing a bit for sleeping but glanced at her every so often.
I didn't look at him and sulked where he put me, wondering where he had come from, why he was helping me. Why hadn't he asked me anything - well, there hadn't been time. I kept my hands curled and wrapped around my freezing body. Silk was not a garment you got wet then went about adventuring in.

Feeling bad, I stood and began helping clear the clearing and even stacked more wood near the fire. I hated being cold.
James took off his skirt/cape thingy (?) and draped it over the woman's shoulders. "You looked cold..." He said quietly as he took a seat beside the warm fire.
I had stiffened visibly when he laid it over me, and it took a few seconds of comprehension before I joined him by the fire, though a distance aways so I could still pull out my sword if I needed to. "Why did you do all that? You want the Seal as well?" I rubbed my hands beneath the cloak, masking the pain by becomming entranced by the flames and I began what I always did when I felt lower than what I really was - began rubbing at the dead skin and rubbing my hands even more raw.
"Yes." He said bluntly. "But I don't plan on taking it from you... I need you..." He said, gazing into the flickering fire, it's light brightening up his face and defining his muscles in the darkness. He looked over to her, sensing she felt a bit uneasy, which was understandable. He dicided not to press any further unless she did so he closed his eyes and laid down around the fire, soaking in it's warmth.

((Sorry for my slow replies. I'm lagging like crazy... ;_; ))
(( i figured that's what it was - no worries, just don't sign off on me ^^ ))

"Why me? I have no part of whatever these seals are about..." I stopped myself, scratching away at the bloody wounds beneath the cloak and continuing to watch the fire. "Why do you need me?"
((I wont.))

"I don't know really... I just got a feeling, ya know?" He grinned boyishly then rolled over onto his back and stared up at the night sky. "Doesn't that hurt?"
I froze, one eye glancing at him, the ruby hue it held turning onyx thanks to the shadows cast by the firelight. "It's nothing," I insisted quietly, stopping and folding my hands together so I wouldn't continue doing it. I wanted to ask him why he cared, but chose not to. "I thought you were an angel..." I hadn't meant to say that either, but I wanted the topic off me. //What if he's just another b*****d human with a thing for elves? Just more clever and charming than the others? I'll not elt that happen again...never again...//

(( smile Good. Thank you. ))
"I came from above and swept you off your feet... However did you get the idea I was an angel?" He said in an obviously sarcastic tone. He chuckled lightly to himself then rolled over to face her. "I apologize again for being so careless."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff