Welcome to Gaia! ::

Coronavirus brought it back...

Poll Pimps = TEH SEX 0.31914893617021 31.9% [ 30 ]
GGW XI Playoffs 0.085106382978723 8.5% [ 8 ]
Due AUGUST 15 0.12765957446809 12.8% [ 12 ]
PROMPT ROUND 0.17021276595745 17.0% [ 16 ]
Woot panda! 0.29787234042553 29.8% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]

GGW IX has come to an end! Prepare for final judgement.

Winter Warrior

9,475 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Winter Guardian 250
Aris_#5
Hey guys! I finally have a moment to pop my head in and say hello. 4laugh I hope GGW is going well this year - the current prompt looks fun. biggrin

Congratulations on the baby, VoC! heart

Thanks, Aris! Where have you been this year?!

- - -

I better be about to collect the most amazing entries we received all year. I'm very sleep deprived, due to a newborn who has trouble breastfeeding, which leaves me doing a lot of extra ******** work to help him not suck at sucking. In other words, VoC has very little patience at the moment and doesn't want to sit through entries that are anything less than fabulous.

If either of these are anything less than fabulous, prepare to have your hard work mangled. rofl Yes, that emote thingy represents maniacal laughter.

Spoopy Bun

23,300 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
TheVoiceOfCreation
Aris_#5
Hey guys! I finally have a moment to pop my head in and say hello. 4laugh I hope GGW is going well this year - the current prompt looks fun. biggrin

- - -

I better be about to collect the most amazing entries we received all year. I'm very sleep deprived, due to a newborn who has trouble breastfeeding, which leaves me doing a lot of extra ******** work to help him not suck at sucking. In other words, VoC has very little patience at the moment and doesn't want to sit through entries that are anything less than fabulous.

If either of these are anything less than fabulous, prepare to have your hard work mangled. rofl Yes, that emote thingy represents maniacal laughter.

I've been doing battle with my third year of university. Intermediate Latin is ungodly hard! crying I'll be lucky to pass.

Winter Warrior

9,475 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Winter Guardian 250
Aris_#5
TheVoiceOfCreation
Aris_#5

- - -

I've been doing battle with my third year of university. Intermediate Latin is ungodly hard! crying I'll be lucky to pass.

Wouldn't your efforts be better served on a language people actually communicate in? o.o

Unless, of course you're going to school for one of those smart people occupations where things are referred to in latin terms. In which case, may the odds be ever in your favor!

Spoopy Bun

23,300 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
TheVoiceOfCreation
Aris_#5
TheVoiceOfCreation
Aris_#5

- - -

Wouldn't your efforts be better served on a language people actually communicate in? o.o

Unless, of course you're going to school for one of those smart people occupations where things are referred to in latin terms. In which case, may the odds be ever in your favor!

Haha, I'm doing an English minor too, so I've got both fields covered. sweatdrop
I'm actually taking a creative writing course this semester, too, but unfortunately from what I've seen so far, the standards are a lot lower than I expected them to be. We had to peer edit seven different people's drafts for their first story, and the ones I looked over were full of grammar and even spelling mistakes. evil I wanted to throw a Wing rage over that.

Winter Warrior

9,475 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Winter Guardian 250
Aris_#5
TheVoiceOfCreation
Aris_#5
TheVoiceOfCreation
Aris_#5

- - -

Haha, I'm doing an English minor too, so I've got both fields covered. sweatdrop
I'm actually taking a creative writing course this semester, too, but unfortunately from what I've seen so far, the standards are a lot lower than I expected them to be. We had to peer edit seven different people's drafts for their first story, and the ones I looked over were full of grammar and even spelling mistakes. evil I wanted to throw a Wing rage over that.

PK mechanics rages are quite more amusing. Her voice is so soft spoken, yet you get this feeling that if you disobey her, she's going to slit your throat with an overly sharpened No.2 and then break it in half and use the eraser end to dispose of any fingerprints.

- - - - -

Note to contestants and fellow judges:
Results are coming! More gradually than I'd like, but they're coming.

I was serious when I said I was attacking these entries with bold, red font. I think I'm going to leave out the bold, but the red is still happening. There are many more bloody marks in the first entry I'm going over than I'd hoped... tsk tsk tsk.

Dangerous Enabler

This is exactly the impression I wish to convey. ^.^

Winter Warrior

9,475 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Winter Guardian 250
phantomkitsune
This is exactly the impression I wish to convey. ^.^

Then your current mannerisms are quite spot on biggrin

- - - -

Should have finished comments and crit for everyone by tomorrow night at the latest, but if my kids cooperate with me tonight, I just might have it finished before I go to bed. =]

Spoopy Bun

23,300 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Ooooh, I've never heard a PK rage before. blaugh

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
i have failed you senseis

Winter Warrior

9,475 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Winter Guardian 250
Misha Collinz
i have failed you senseis

Elaboration required.

- - -

Aris: If you want to hear a PK rage, go listen to her last recording. It's labeled accordingly. I think that's the one I was referring to, where she so calmly pointed aforementioned No.2 at the contestants throats and demanded they learn dialogue. Or else.

I'm not sure what the "or else" bit was supposed to be. She didn't actually use those exact words if I remember correctly, but it was insinuated by the soft spoken profanity. When PK cusses, it is tasteful and sounds so nice that you're afraid not to listen.

Winter Warrior

9,475 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Winter Guardian 250
Dear contestants: Wing has my general comments-

but as a final gift to end the season, I have also taken the time to go through your pieces, line-by-line, with everyone’s favorite colored font, to give you more in-depth critique on your stories. I hope by pointing out more specifics, it might help to drive home some of the mistakes you guys keep making, no matter how many times we tell you you’re making them. It might also help you guys to understand some of the “personal preferences” I’ve been nagging you guys about this entire season and to realize what makes me acquire those preferences.

I will not be posting the line-by-lines until Wing gets the recording up, so look for your bonus crit in a future post.

Dangerous Enabler

And I, being a disaster of a human being around midterms, do not have my critique done yet, but should tomorrow.

Winter Warrior

9,475 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Winter Guardian 250
phantomkitsune
And I, being a disaster of a human being around midterms, do not have my critique done yet, but should tomorrow.

I was afraid for a minute I was going to take forever on submissions due to this new spawn, but I lucked out. smile

Dangerous Enabler

New spawn having unexpected mercy and sleeping?

And I finally got everything in.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces